srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Without data on DC income a month ago, two months ago, etc., it is hard to say with any certainty what the reason for the reduced income is.
However, improper DC decisions can not be ruled out.

I have just finished supporting the SS. Why? Because DC decided that the wallpapers will be available only from $ 10, and I paid $ 5.
Because the wallpapers were attractive to me, but certainly not worth $ 10 a month. What I was getting for $ 5 did not satisfy me, so I gave up SS support altogether.

There is a possibility that many players, like me, annoyed that DC for something as trivial as wallpaper, demands $ 10 a month.
Wallpaper which is probably 90% will be the evolution of something that was created for the needs of the game and making the wallpaper was fast and easy.
If people would whine less and read more, they could have found out that ther *is* more data about past income, and that it *is* normal to drop at the beginning of each month...

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
One way or another i am connected to the game i play this game & pledge for ss since years
I know the first coder of ss personally he told me that he asked panda if he can replace him and make his work in ss even before dc knew about it.
That doesn't make you connected to the game. Are you working on it? No. No you are not. You're not coding, drawing, writing or marketing the game in any way, shape or form. There is no connection to it, you're just an overly zealous fan who is butting his nose where it doesn't belong.

PatreonTed

Jun 3, 2017
The delay wait time is noticeable. DC's earnings fell from $ 52k to $ 47k.
It's normal, it happens the last day or two of the month and the 1st of the month when everyone gets charged.

There was a point where I thought they had reached the "tipping point" because pledge $s had plateaued, but then last month it had a good sized jump.

What I don’t really get is that there is a good 5 weeks gap between the moment he finishes the drawing for an update and the moment it's released. During this time DC says he begins to work on the art for the next update.
Yet when he updates the tracker for the following update, art begins at a 0%.
It starts at 0%, but after a day or two there are suddenly several art assets completed. And I think (maybe a regular stream watcher can confirm), that during these last couple updates, DC has been sporadically working on stuff from future updates. To either break up the monotony of what he is working on, or to be able to work on non-spoiler stuff on stream. Maybe both. I remember him working on the maid during one update period, and then she didn't even show up until the next one.

JKH18

Jan 16, 2018
¿do will we have the game for the weekend?
Probably not going to drop yet. Progress is at 90 percent, there's still art to finish and bugs to hunt, so I'd say a week from now would be a more realistic guess. Patience is a virtue and all that :)

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
End of the month would be an extremely optimistic estimate. DC said that the art is pretty much done and they're just waiting on animations, so that'll leave it up to the coders to try and make sense out of the hash they've got already. Jenny's quest is currently tied directly to a key attribute (DEX), so trying to update her storyline without breaking all sorts of other pieces is going to be a headache.

I'm honestly surprised Dogeek hasn't just stripped the game down to scratch and started over, I can't think it'd be any slower than trying to update the outdated code piece by piece.

J II D

Aug 22, 2018
The last "real" updates was like 6 month ago ... 300k per update and nobody gives a shit xD
It's not that.
I think that the majority of people think that's a lot of money....

But at least he delivers in the end, and yes... There are a lot of developers on this site that "should" make more money, but i guarantee you that with almost all of them their are legitimate reasons why they don't.

So, i rather have that this developer takes 6 months for 1 update and makes a shit ton of money and actually delivers, then the bulk of other devs that promise you fairy-tales.

And to end it...
What is much money ?.
Soccer player in The Netherlands transfers for 80+ million Euro's to barca.
Baseball Player in the USA is going to earn around 120 million euro's in the next 8 years.
Stephen Curry makes around 40 million dollars every year..

So what's is much money in these days....

Reactions: efouhgfiegafhuieuhf

Kirru

May 20, 2017
It's not that.
I think that the majority of people think that's a lot of money....

But at least he delivers in the end, and yes... There are a lot of developers on this site that "should" make more money, but i guarantee you that with almost all of them their are legitimate reasons why they don't.

So, i rather have that this developer takes 6 months for 1 update and makes a shit ton of money and actually delivers, then the bulk of other devs that promise you fairy-tales.

And to end it...
What is much money ?.
Soccer player in The Netherlands transfers for 80+ million Euro's to barca.
Baseball Player in the USA is going to earn around 120 million euro's in the next 8 years.
Stephen Curry makes around 40 million dollars every year..

So what's is much money in these days....
I get what you are saying, but still as a patron I'd feel kinda betrayed. The last update was a joke, it was like 5 min gameplay. And now even the goddamn Wallpapers are for 10$ pats? This is pure greed. But since I'm not a pat, I dont care. I just dont get how people still defend the developer so hard, when he became so fckn obvious greedy

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I get what you are saying, but still as a patron I'd feel kinda betrayed. The last update was a joke, it was like 5 min gameplay. And now even the goddamn Wallpapers are for 10$ pats? This is pure greed. But since I'm not a pat, I dont care. I just dont get how people still defend the developer so hard, when he became so fckn obvious greedy
Unless you skip all the dialogue, the update didn't have only 5 min of gameplay. I was disappointed too with the last update but for me the reason was the story, I didn't find it very interesting. Regarding the wallpapers I get why he would make them available only for patreons but putting that behing a 10$ payment it's a bit much.

JKH18

Jan 16, 2018
10 bucks for extra fluff like wallpapers is a bit steep for sure. But then again DC can put whatever price tag on the wallpapers he wants. Personally not going to up my pledge for that kind of extra stuff, and if someone does they've got the disposable income to do that so it's not that big of a deal to me. Calling it greedy seems a bit much in my opinion though, since the main product is the game itself and that's not behind a paywall of any kind.

Reactions: Badjourasmix
4.20 star(s) 337 Votes