fanboi

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2018
i feel personally attacked by this post, let me tell you this.. if judith wants to win maybe dc needs to make her lose a couple pounds, as long as this doesn't happen i'm gonna keep voting for my two favourite summertime saga waifus eve and mia.
Hell no, the reason why Judith is the hottest girl in school is because she has a few extra pounds. Too bad she wasn't redesigned to be bigger though.

Reactions: TurtleKing9000

fanboi

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2018
Ok I like Judith, but she doesn't need to be bigger
We all have different opinions friend. I'd love it if a bunch of characters in this game were bigger, but even one would be something. Pregnancy is a good feature and all but just a gorgeous fat girl or six would be my preference :)

BigTyson

Dec 6, 2017
So as .18 comes to a close, the new question we have to ask ourselves is when will .19 come out and my guess is October/November 2020. What are your thoughts?

dirgetka

Aug 17, 2017
Hell no, the reason why Judith is the hottest girl in school is because she has a few extra pounds. Too bad she wasn't redesigned to be bigger though.
You make Judith any bigger and she lands firmly in "NEVER EVER" territory for the purposes of polls. mandem needs to be careful what he wishes for

Kefka

Jan 3, 2019
This is my first comment on this site, though I've been a lurker for a while. I just wanted to say... can we put the pitchforks down? This game is the best there is and if the latest update is taking a while, how about... play one of many other great games that are on this site for free?

I don't get it lol.

JKH18

Jan 16, 2018
This is my first comment on this site, though I've been a lurker for a while. I just wanted to say... can we put the pitchforks down? This game is the best there is and if the latest update is taking a while, how about... play one of many other great games that are on this site for free?

I don't get it lol.
I find getting pissed at the trolls and whiners on this thread cathartic at this point, I've done it so much. :D
When a troll pops up claiming DC's fleecing us patrons, or complaining about the money he makes, I get this irresistible itch to jump in and unload a few choice words. :D

Kefka

Jan 3, 2019
I find getting pissed at the trolls and whiners on this thread cathartic at this point, I've done it so much. :D
When a troll pops up claiming DC's fleecing us patrons, or complaining about the money he makes, I get this irresistible itch to jump in and unload a few choice words. :D
It's not that I'm mad at them, I'm just... confused lol. Surely there can't be a single person that thinks "I'm going to complain on the f95zone Summertime Saga forum post and my post will make the difference in the development!"

On the other hand, it's nice to see such passionate fans about an incredible game, even if they are demanding too many cookies from the cookie jar.

dirgetka

Aug 17, 2017
On the other hand, it's nice to see such passionate fans about an incredible game, even if they are demanding too many cookies from the cookie jar.
On this topic, it's a crime that the French teacher's kissing scene where she straddles you at your desk is not in the cookie jar. Where are my cookies damnit

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
WOW bro not cool. Fat shaming in 2019.
While we shouldn't be going out of our way to insult overweight people, not being attracted to or not wanting to see overweight people or characters is not fat shaming. It's okay to go after someone for being too skinny, but not for being fat? Or for having a clearly unhealthy lifestyle? Accept who you are, but don't pretend it's okay to be fat. A little chubby, which Judith is, is fine. But the dude you're quoting has a point. In a game with female characters who you would define as "thicc", which is to say not skinny but still attractive, and physically fit characters, Judith stands out. The fact that she's chubby, and plain looking means she's not going to get votes.

Reactions: seraphimd2

PatreonTed

Jun 3, 2017
@Y2Ryoko:
I mean, there's no point in finishing a game "just to finish" it and there are far too many games, Snow Daze among them, who ended way too quickly and without ever reaching anything close to their potential. SummertimeSaga has so much useful and actually needed content left that there's really no reason to talk about finishing this project anytime soon.

That's bullshit anyway. DC is drawing ~8 to 10 hours a week on stream alone (sometimes more) and those streams are a minuscule fraction of what's released in the end. Sadly many people seem to forget how much the game has improve quality wise and how much more time those new animations, quest, etc. take.

Sure, he could go back to "1 stroke shading", 2 frame animations, repeatable quests which simply consist of buying items at a shop 4 times, repeatable scenes, etc. but that would just make the game worse in every imaginable way. But yes, releases would be faster.
I'm with you on the fraction portion of the drawing hitting the stream. I don't get to watch the stream much anymore, so I end up skimming through the VODs, and DC jumps all over the place. You hardly ever see him finish art on stream, and he works on a bunch of stuff in a week. The only way all that ends up in the game completed is if he is doing a ton of work off stream.

The above is why I think DC doesn't want to stay working on SS indefinitely, despite the money. Most people get bored working on the same thing over and over, and with DC being an actual artist, I would think it would be even moreso the case for him.

fanboi

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2018
While we shouldn't be going out of our way to insult overweight people, not being attracted to or not wanting to see overweight people or characters is not fat shaming. It's okay to go after someone for being too skinny, but not for being fat? Or for having a clearly unhealthy lifestyle? Accept who you are, but don't pretend it's okay to be fat. A little chubby, which Judith is, is fine. But the dude you're quoting has a point. In a game with female characters who you would define as "thicc", which is to say not skinny but still attractive, and physically fit characters, Judith stands out. The fact that she's chubby, and plain looking means she's not going to get votes.
Dude, let's not go there. Nothing wrong with being skinny, nothing wrong with being fat. Nothing wrong with being attracted to either. Let other people be who they want to be without trying to shame them.

Laziness

Feb 14, 2018
I've been waiting on this particular update for so long, I just might play 18 and 18.5 back to back.

Jackie123

May 2, 2018
it may be done on april 23rd if we have luck the big fixes are almost done and if they are finished the version is going to come out...

4.20 star(s) 340 Votes