MasterQ

Nov 28, 2016
With all of the horrendous bitching that goes on in this thread on a consistent basis, this is the first to make me want to smash my head against a wall until gray matter leaks out of my ears.
I've got a degree in animation, I work as an animator for an independent social media outlet, you have no bloody clue how animation works in this game or just in general, and it shows. Please just bitch about the slow updates in a general sense like everybody else on here, but in-betweening is not as simple as "combining images" not even close, so stop that please.
I can absolutely second what you're saying...but we're talking about ren'py. I don't know how he actually does the animation, but doing it in a simple and easy way don't take more than...what, 3 days? And I'm being generous, counting that it's not his main job. As for now DC is still waiting and it's been 2 weeks.
If the animator it's taking so much time he may be an amateur at that, ot maybe a pro which it's using an extremely time-wasting process to do so (we don't need 60 fps to see MC fucking a girl). Either way, I think DC with 50k at month, can have someone who's better at it.

CrispJr

Aug 7, 2016
Right, fair balls, didn't realize you were on about the literal stitching together of pre-made assets, thought you were on about the actual creation of the animation itself. My bad. I still think bitching about it is a waste of time when you're on the outside looking in, but sorry for misunderstanding.
All good, I was just confused that you would say that's difficult. That "stitching" like you say, is actually all the "animator" has to do.

Reactions: TurtleKing9000

Jonboy80

Dec 8, 2017
Edit: I'd personally love to see a final, really professional voiceover for the whole game, once it's done, but that would probably require an insane amount of effort and money.
Oh god, please no. Voice acting in almost every game I've played is complete crap and adds more size to the download. Especially if he adds multiple language support. I hate downloading audio for a dozen languages I'll never use.

Deleted member 435

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Modder
Donor
Aug 6, 2016
  1. Sex Sis Cinema (probably it will be a handjob/bj scene, new, unless it's the variant of the first BJ scene with a different background) (2019-04-04)
  2. Sex Sis Cinema 2 (Ejaculation choice or switch between handjob/bj scene) (2019-04-05)
I'm thinking those are actually strictly sex scenes otherwise those would get the BJ title, etc added to it at the front.

Reactions: Sheknowsaboutyou

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Do you have any idea how much that would cost or how much the file size of the game would balloon? After all you said professional quality.
Well, he was asking about things one would love to see. I'm fully aware that it won't happen. That said, game size etc. for the final version wouldn't be that much an issue, after all one would only download it once and they could of course simply do two versions, with or without audio or release the audio as seperate addon.

DC talked about in on stream in a similar way, just by the way. Not that he's against but it's just too expensive and he wouldn't want it done by amateurs. So yes, of course it won't happen but done really well it would be quite a unique feature.

Jonboy80

Dec 8, 2017
Well, he was asking about things one would love to see. I'm fully aware that it won't happen. That said, game size etc. for the final version wouldn't be that much an issue, after all one would only download it once and they could of course simply do two versions, with or without audio or release the audio as seperate addon.

Actually, depending on how the Ren'py engine works, it's not that simple. He couldn't just yank the audio files out of the game and upload it as the No-Audio version. The game would error out whenever that audio should play. So, he'd have to remove the audio files AND spend time adjusting the code to not call for that file to play for each and every instance of spoken dialogue.

Jonboy80

Dec 8, 2017
What I'd like to see is an ingame updater like Starship Inanna has. It's Ren'py, and rather than redownload the full game every single time an update comes out, you could update from within the game's main menu. this way, you only download the updated files and not the whole thing.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Actually, depending on how the Ren'py engine works, it's not that simple. He couldn't just yank the audio files out of the game and upload it as the No-Audio version. The game would error out whenever that audio should play. So, he'd have to remove the audio files AND spend time adjusting the code to not call for that file to play for each and every instance of spoken dialogue.
I'm fairly sure they'd find a away around that. After all they managed to incorporate quite a bit of stuff which renpy isn't excatly made for, like certain minigames, etc. That said, it's purely hypothetical anyway.

ivujs

Mar 18, 2019
just out of curiosity, did the last few releases kinda come out of nowhere with some bugs still to be fixed on the tracker or did they update it even right before the release?

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
just out of curiosity, did the last few releases kinda come out of nowhere with some bugs still to be fixed on the tracker or did they update it even right before the release?
It's the first time we've got the bug/issues section displayed in the tracker, so nobody really knows. They actually changed the procress every recent release, so we've had everything from "a couple of days at 99%" to "a longer time at 100%" etc. and this time it's certainly going to be different again.

cacophony

Mar 30, 2018
I'm honestly debating on if to wait for the .5 update or not. Especially as we get more word about it.

Leaning more towards wait atm, Jenny isn't really one of the characters I'm really investing in/rooting for.
Me too. I've been waiting since v16 - can wait a little longer. Honesty, this is one of the best games, don't want it to lose it's impact. I'm leaning slightly towards not waiting.

digestif

Aug 13, 2017
Just replace the actual voice-over files with files of a few milliseconds of absolute silence with the same filenames. Wouldn't make the game bigger by more than a few megabytes at best and wouldn't make ren'py freak out.

4.20 star(s) 343 Votes