Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
No, Annie, Judith and the principal is a major part of MC's school story. So I doubt it would take until 2024 for that one. Maybe late 2021, give or take. But then again it's up to the patreon fans who votes what goes next. I believe What's hurting the Annie and Judith release is the principal herself, no one likes her and she's ugly as fuck both in appearance and attitude, no redeeming qualities. I wanted the Annie update not because of her, but her Mother Lucy, man she's bae, my fave waifu in this game.
You say that, but we're averaging two proper updates per year. Which means at best two characters get a storyline per year and in 2019 it's only going to be one new major storyline. Think about that for a second. That means in 2020 we get two characters, in 2021 we get two characters, in 2022 we get two characters, and there's no guarantee that DC isn't going to go back and redo previously completed storylines. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the updates next year is an expansion of the teachers storylines instead of giving characters who have had no attention whatsoever proper storylines. 2024 is an exaggeration of course, but a lot of characters are going to sit by the wayside simply because DC is drip feeding a content drip feed. He spends months working at a snail's pace, while other games that take in far less cash per month easily lap Summertime Saga in terms of quantity and quality of content.

Patreons should never have input on what's covered next, just little pieces here and there. There's a reason most professional game developers tend to ignore the fans.

Deleted member 205331

Sep 15, 2017
You say that, but we're averaging two proper updates per year. Which means at best two characters get a storyline per year and in 2019 it's only going to be one new major storyline. Think about that for a second. That means in 2020 we get two characters, in 2021 we get two characters, in 2022 we get two characters, and there's no guarantee that DC isn't going to go back and redo previously completed storylines. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the updates next year is an expansion of the teachers storylines instead of giving characters who have had no attention whatsoever proper storylines. 2024 is an exaggeration of course, but a lot of characters are going to sit by the wayside simply because DC is drip feeding a content drip feed. He spends months working at a snail's pace, while other games that take in far less cash per month easily lap Summertime Saga in terms of quantity and quality of content.

Patreons should never have input on what's covered next, just little pieces here and there. There's a reason most professional game developers tend to ignore the fans.
SummertimeSaga Content Polls so far:

• v.19 - Eve, her Sister, Female Friend - late/2nd half 2019 release.
  • v.20 - Maria, Iwanka, Melania Rump and maybe Hillary?(eww pls no) - Early/1st half 2020 release (which makes sense, election year)
  • v.21 - Rhonda, Cassie, Gym teacher? (not sure) - Late/2nd half 2020 release.
  • v.22 - Consuela, Latina chola friends (not official, just a guess based on the recent content poll, this came in 2nd to Rhonda choice of release.) - early/1st half 2021 release.
  • v.23 - Annie, Judith, Principal and Lucy (Annie's mom) (also not official, based on the poll, this came in last/3rd choice of release. - late/2nd half 2021 release.

• Wow
Reactions: KURO_NEKO_SAM

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
SummertimeSaga Content Polls so far:

• v.19 - Eve, her Sister, Female Friend - late/2nd half 2019 release.
  • v.20 - Maria, Iwanka, Melania Rump and maybe Hillary?(eww pls no) - Early/1st half 2020 release (which makes sense, election year)
  • v.21 - Rhonda, Cassie, Gym teacher? (not sure) - Late/2nd half 2020 release.
  • v.22 - Consuela, Latina chola friends (not official, just a guess based on the recent content poll, this came in 2nd to Rhonda choice of release.) - early/1st half 2021 release.
  • v.23 - Annie, Judith, Principal and Lucy (Annie's mom) (also not official, based on the poll, this came in last/3rd choice of release. - late/2nd half 2021 release.
Yeah, I'll believe it when that actually happens, but think about what that poll means for a second. It means they're intending to keep this game in development for at least two more years. At least. So at the absolute earliest it will be done in 2022, which means it'll have been in development for a bare minimum of five years. If you tackle all of its content at once you can do everything Summertime Saga has to offer in a couple of hours. I typically don't concern myself with the game all that much, but in what world does it make sense for him to take a minimum of five years to make a game that has so little content? The first piece of the Final Fantasy VII Remake will take less time than Summertime Saga and it's been a laughing stock for quite a while due to how long it's taken. It will be thousands of times larger than Summertime Saga and it was an internet meme for years before Squeenix got its act together. DC is scamming people and will keep this gaming going as long as he possibly can. We waited six months for 1.8 and it was ten minutes of content.

Reactions: TotalDegenerate

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Yeah, I'll believe it when that actually happens, but think about what that poll means for a second. It means they're intending to keep this game in development for at least two more years. At least. So at the absolute earliest it will be done in 2022, which means it'll have been in development for a bare minimum of five years. If you tackle all of its content at once you can do everything Summertime Saga has to offer in a couple of hours. I typically don't concern myself with the game all that much, but in what world does it make sense for him to take a minimum of five years to make a game that has so little content? The first piece of the Final Fantasy VII Remake will take less time than Summertime Saga and it's been a laughing stock for quite a while due to how long it's taken. It will be thousands of times larger than Summertime Saga and it was an internet meme for years before Squeenix got its act together. DC is scamming people and will keep this gaming going as long as he possibly can. We waited six months for 1.8 and it was ten minutes of content.

Dec 19, 2018
Personally I think there should be a "lifetime ceiling" to how much gets pumped into these, even through Patreon.
This one currently makes over $600,000 a year. Another 3 years of that is almost $2 million dollars, and that's ignoring what's already been spent on it. An overall budget of $2 million to make one of these, even something as relatively deeply layered as SS, is pretty overboard for a 2d game that doesn't even have any voiceover.

I mean I can't really hate & if I was DC I'd be tempted as FUCK to endlessly milk it too.

DewMongrel

Mar 27, 2019
Hey, you guys may want to try out my mod if you are interested in a condom surprise for Ivy :)
I don't know if it's a result specifically of you mod, but i installed it and Jenny's story gets broken when you go to Pink. you go through the dialogue, but then there is no way to leave the store, there is no "exit" or "leave" icon to click on.

Tristrix

Jun 30, 2019
Devil's Advocate: How can you be so sure that DarkCookie even plans to finish this game??? What if he might just bail out with all the patreon bucks and ditches us. As a creative mind/artist myself, I have artist block where I just wanna quit and I get tired of doing the same thing. That's also why Hunter x Hunter is in hiatus. So, that's a fucked up scenario if DarkCookie quits and bails. Just sayin'
Honestly though, If this happened, how mad would you really be? The game has a fuckton of content, it's excellent, and it's more feature complete than 99% of the games in the genre. And really, what's missing than anyone could legitimately complain about? The main story needs a conclusion but do any of us REALLY care about that? Seriously, I think DC could take his patreon bucks and go home right now and be pretty well justified in doing so.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
a little spoile for the next version.
warning: keep in mind that this spoile include sex scenes, and all this pictures has been found only on the internet.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Most of that stuff, except the last picture of Odette, is indeed fan made and not part of the game.

dc needs to put mia back on the poll, she'd win the next one easily
Given how unpopular those last reworks have been I'd guess he'll take another round of new stories first. Though I'd be really happy to see her story.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I don't know if it's a result specifically of you mod, but i installed it and Jenny's story gets broken when you go to Pink. you go through the dialogue, but then there is no way to leave the store, there is no "exit" or "leave" icon to click on.
You should discuss such things in my thread. However, if you feel there is a bug, attach a savegame here and I look into it.

In the past, this had almost always been not clicking the right thing or doing things too early or such, nothing with the mod.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Most of that stuff, except the last picture of Odette, is indeed fan made and not part of the game.

Given how unpopular those last reworks have been I'd guess he'll take another round of new stories first. Though I'd be really happy to see her story.
So what's wrong with Mia's story? OK, Helen has much more lewd content, Mia has only one scene, and you have to decide between the two...

Hell, you're right!

But to be honest, apart from adding one or two scenes for Mia and merging Helen/Mia path to be playable in one playthrough, I like the story.

Chikimaro

We love to see you Smile....
Donor
Feb 2, 2018
I've clearly said that all those pictures has been found only on the internet, so that means it can be anything.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
So what's wrong with Mia's story? OK, Helen has much more lewd content, Mia has only one scene, and you have to decide between the two...
Well, she only had a short update back then and was supposed to get her next update soon after, which would have included more content for her and the dating system, too. But DC didn't follow through with that plan but did another poll, which she didn't win. I'm fairly certain that DC's plan was to introduce Helen's full story in that update and add to Mia later. All in all her story simply lacks a lot of content compared to others and feels really imcomplete - which by the way is probably one reason, why DC decided to release those much larger updates afterwards.

So it's not really that her story needs a rework, like Jenny's did, but her art needs to be on the rig system at some point, which means she'll get an overhaul anyway.

I've clearly said that all those pictures has been found only on the internet, so that means it can be anything.
Yes, but it's clearly fanart. I mean, just look at how badly those poses are put together. That wouldn't have happened if DC had made them. Next to that... there's no way we'd see a playable version right now at this point, which all those scene would indicate.

People may believe what ever they want, but I'm just saying that one shouldn't expect any of this, execpt the last picture which is take from his streams, to be in the game, ever.

Chikimaro

We love to see you Smile....
Donor
Feb 2, 2018
Yes, but it's clearly fanart. I mean, just look at how badly those poses are put together. That wouldn't have happened if DC had made them. Next to that... there's no way we'd see a playable version right now at this point, which all those scene would indicate.

People may believe what ever they want, but I'm just saying that one shouldn't expect any of this, execpt the last picture which is take from his streams, to be in the game, ever.
i already have access to all his streams, i follow his work everyday i've also shared some screenshots from his streams here, i'm just sharing what i find on the internet to make suspense and as have already said "people can believe what ever they want".

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
i already have access to all his streams, i follow his work everyday i've also shared some screenshots from his streams here, i'm just sharing what i find on the internet to make suspense and as have already said "people can believe what ever they want".
Well, you wrote it's a spoiler for the next version, which it simply isn't. If it's clearly fan-art, it should be posted in the fan art threat (some of the stuff you posted is actually from there). Else you'll raise people's expectations, who'll then complain afterwards when they aren't met and wonder why the stuff they expected isn't in the game.

4.20 star(s) 337 Votes