JKH18

Jan 16, 2018
I've mentioned it before, and been 'shot down' by rabid supporters, which i suppose will occur again....
but it strikes me as as utter stupid frivolity of supporters to contribute $52k+ per month, to a company/group repeatedly rewriting something, especially where those rewrites take several months a time to do....
I've seen completed games cost less in genuine payments
Any game with production values like SS has takes at least 3-4 months between updates. Rewrites and all, SS gets plenty of new content each update compared to any other game here that has production values anywhere near SS level. Get over it ffs.

Last edited:
Reactions: srksrk 68

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
I've mentioned it before, and been 'shot down' by rabid supporters, which i suppose will occur again....
but it strikes me as as utter stupid frivolity of supporters to contribute $52k+ per month, to a company/group repeatedly rewriting something, especially where those rewrites take several months a time to do....
To which I'll reiterate that we've heard this argument more than once from various people, but this is a pirate site which we can't do anything but practice Mental Masturbation over it and start a new cycle of MM, find a new game to play in the interim, or do something like talk about the same dead horse that comes up every time...

401Grem

May 14, 2017
You repeat what many people have already mentioned, yet nobody cares to hear, since it is none of their concern, especialy from a no-nothing that then uses derogatory terms to describe them.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
... to a company/group repeatedly rewriting something, especially where those rewrites take several months a time to do....
Well, I guess many people would claim that those reworks, which still added a lot of content, benefitted the game quite a bit (especially Jenny's "story was a complete mess before) and that isn't even considering the fact that those recodes/redraws made the game perform a lot better, especially on andriod.
If I look at for example "The Twist" where KST basically did excatly the opposite compared to DC and added way more content without caring that much about optimizing the game itself, people complain that the game is a mess contentwise and doesn't run properly. So I guess there isn't a perfect way, though I'm pretty sure that DC's decision to go for those update will proof useful down the line.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Have you ever stopped to consider how much a game can cost to produce?
AAA games with massive budgets cost millions of dollars and years of development to make. And they have to sell the finished product for $40-$60 per unit. And that's not factoring whether or not the game is a hit.

Games like this still cost both time and money. Who knows how much of that completely irrelevant amount of money he actually gets to keep for himself?

Last edited:
Reactions: Sync and srksrk 68

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Games like this still cost both time and money. Who knows how much of that completely irrelevant amount of money he actually gets to keep for himself?
Indeed, nobody will really know. That said, he managed to produce one of the currently most popular nsfw games in the "western world" and built himself a huge fanbase over those years. At that point it's certainly ok to actually make some money...

Reactions: Sync and srksrk 68

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
At that point it's certainly ok to actually make some money...
*shakes head*

The money is going into the business. Employees and upkeep have costs. The margins would probably be pretty thin with his expenses on both and himself. It's a what... 5 person crew? 4 now? He's head, he gets a budget for himself and others, deals with snafus and mishaps, and then he's gotta deal with PR (talkin' to Patreons etc.)

Best time for him is when a release is done along with the patches. Worst time is stretching out from one release to another. Either way, if there's a bit of money in this, I don't think it's all that much given the amount that fluctuates on the 9th of the month and has to deal with an unstable cycle of release and such...

Reactions: Sync

JKH18

Jan 16, 2018
*shakes head*

The money is going into the business. Employees and upkeep have costs. The margins would probably be pretty thin with his expenses on both and himself. It's a what... 5 person crew? 4 now? He's head, he gets a budget for himself and others, deals with snafus and mishaps, and then he's gotta deal with PR (talkin' to Patreons etc.)

Best time for him is when a release is done along with the patches. Worst time is stretching out from one release to another. Either way, if there's a bit of money in this, I don't think it's all that much given the amount that fluctuates on the 9th of the month and has to deal with an unstable cycle of release and such...
Doesn't Patreon take a pretty sizeable cut as well? I know they take a cut, but don't know how much.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
*shakes head*

Well, the last real financial goal was set at 25.000$ with 30.000$ as a bit of a joke. He hired those people he promised to hire back then and replaced panda who left the team, but it's not like he adapted that much more. I think one has to be fair enough to acknowledge that there's likely a reasonable financial headroom right now - which again, is toally fine for me.

Edit:
Doesn't Patreon take a pretty sizeable cut as well? I know they take a cut, but don't know how much.
That does indeed depend on the donation. For 1$ it shoud be something like 15% while it can be as low as 3% for larger ones. Probably because of the basic payment provider fee, which they have to pay, no matter how much you donate.

So I guess it's fair to say that he'll pay something like ~5k a month to patreon at the moment.

Last edited:
Reactions: TurtleKing9000

Arap12

Aug 15, 2017
There is so much cancer on this board. Every time I come here, its people complaining about how much money they make without updates. What is this, 4chan?
And you complaining about criticism? Just get It over with,accept the fact we on this planet have different opinions.
I would Say that the cancer is people whiteknighting DC, when he is a grown man and doesn't need you to defend him.
And JFYI when people involve their money in a game, they have the right to call out the BS.
Like Steam games EA, where people call out when a game has been abandoned, or has 1-2 lackluster updates a year (more than DC) and these games are far more complicated than an erotic VN with some simplistic minigames.
At least these devs have the decency to make you pay once and every update is free afterwards.
You are just like the ex XBOX One reveal announcer that dared to say the customer Is to adapt to the company and not the opposite.
That guy that replied to customer outrage of the console requiring Always online by saying "we have a product for those who don't have an internet connection, the xbox 360"
What happened to this guy? He was fired.

A company Is to make products for the customer, not the opposite and if the customer isn't happy, he has any right to complain.

Reactions: neinnein

JKH18

Jan 16, 2018
And you complaining about criticism? Just get It over with,accept the fact we on this planet have different opinions.
I would Say that the cancer is people whiteknighting DC, when he is a grown man and doesn't need you to defend him.
And JFYI when people involve their money in a game, they have the right to call out the BS.
Like Steam games EA, where people call out when a game has been abandoned, or has 1-2 lackluster updates a year (more than DC) and these games are far more complicated than an erotic VN with some simplistic minigames.
At least these devs have the decency to make you pay once and every update is free afterwards.
You are just like the ex XBOX One reveal announcer that dared to say the customer Is to adapt to the company and not the opposite.
That guy that replied to customer outrage of the console requiring Always online by saying "we have a product for those who don't have an internet connection, the xbox 360"

A company Is to make products for the customer, not the opposite and if the customer isn't happy, he has any right to complain.
I'd be willing to bet that 1 out of a hundred people bitching and moaning about DC in here have actually put in a dime into SS, the rest are just complaining 'cause the only way they ever get their rocks off is with these games and can't be bothered to wait for updates. To compare DC and SS to any AAA publisher is just beyond moronic, a better comparison would be a crowd funded indie game and even then it's not exactly comparable, since DC and his team have actual jobs on top of game development. Bottom line is that SS is based on voluntary donations, if you don't like how DC does things or are jealous of the money he makes, don't donate. Simple as that.

401Grem

May 14, 2017

You, are not a paying customer, yes you have a right to your opinion, but your opinion doesn't give you rights.

4.10 star(s) 354 Votes