srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
A company Is to make products for the customer, not the opposite and if the customer isn't happy, he has any right to complain.
He has not the right to penetrate the whole world with pointless repetitions of complaints. Especially when the whole world is perfectly happy.

If those complaints only had any impact on DC, his team, or game development. Do they make the complainers happy? At least somebody would benefit then...

And I am not asking if you are a customer (i.e. patron) even.

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
Doesn't Patreon take a pretty sizeable cut as well? I know they take a cut, but don't know how much.
I think it's 10%. So it's not a LOT of headroom here. Just pointing out the reality of the situation. It's not all that much compared to AAA games which are these budgets scaled x10-x20.

The point is that this is an adult niche market. Very similar to the indie market but more specialized outside of AAA titles we all know. Think Chucklefish over Bethesda. It only looks like a lot because people don't look at comparable indie titles to see the work put into them.

And it's not like we can do anything as fans/consumers besides the same mental masturbation exercises we've been doing...

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I guess you must have missed the Diane update, because they removed as much "content" as they added.
Diane update was a bit weak, but they changed a lot under the hood. I would say the Jenny update compensated for that, and I hope it's the same in the future.

huge43

Jul 2, 2017
You repeat what many people have already mentioned, yet nobody cares to hear, since it is none of their concern, especialy from a no-nothing that then uses derogatory terms to describe them.
A 'no-nothing'? I state rabid supporters from experience; you know nothing of me to even qualify to make comment about me. Yet as a forum for exchanging views, yours are allowed, just as mine are

huge43

Jul 2, 2017
Have you ever stopped to consider how much a game can cost to produce?
AAA games with massive budgets cost millions of dollars and years of development to make. And they have to sell the finished product for $40-$60 per unit. And that's not factoring whether or not the game is a hit.

Games like this still cost both time and money. Who knows how much of that completely irrelevant amount of money he actually gets to keep for himself?
Yes I have. Big difference is, they dont punt out a bit of product, get paid masses of money for it, then go back and keep changing it, whilst expecting subscribers to continually fork out for their indulgence over content.

Still, these are questions for subscrivers to answer. Personally, I think theyre daft, but thats just one opinion

Reactions: Arap12

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Yes I have. Big difference is, they dont punt out a bit of product, get paid masses of money for it, then go back and keep changing it, whilst expecting subscribers to continually fork out for their indulgence over content.

Still, these are questions for subscrivers to answer. Personally, I think theyre daft, but thats just one opinion
That's the problem when a project starts really small and without actual expertise. The game started because DC wanted to teach himself coding and they built on his lemon code during the next updates.
I mean, it's not a fully planned out game which then gets realized but it started as "nothing" and grew. And that's when you'll have to correct mistakes you made to keep the game viable in the future. All those recodes, the rig system for the art etc. are a real benefit to android players right now and will continue to be good for the game in the future. We'll get save compatability soon, which wouldn't have been possible without those reworks either. Those things should be considered when you call people daft. I mean, sure, we all want more content, but all of that doesn't help when the game starts to collaps at some point because the foundation is bad.

Last edited:

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018

how are they daft? most of his patreons pay a dollar a month. that's 12$ a year. it's just that a LOT of people play summertime saga so of course all those 1$ donations add up. even if all we get is "just" 3 updates a per year, are you saying SS is not worth the 12 bux a year? most of us who post in this forum pay nothing and we get the game for free, that's why it's not whiteknighting to say that the constant whining about SS - especially when you haven't contributed a single dollar for it - is more than a little hyprocritical. weirdly enough why do i have the feeling that the biggest complainers are always the first ones in line downloading the game when a new update comes out. then they shut up for a month or two until they feel the need to fap again and it's back to complaining.

also you can have the biggest hate boner for DC, nobody here cares about that but don't you think complaining about him or that his patreons pay him too much on here is kinda pointless as this is a pirate forum and most people here aren't donating to him in the first place and DC isn't reading any messages on here? i just think it's annoying because i'd much rather read story theories, character wishes or discuss the plot or talk about the best girl or whatever than reading the same shit about how DC is greedy over and over and over again. if you think you are getting oppressed by DC because he doesn't release your favourite jerk off material you are getting for free quickly enough, you should do it somewhere where he actually get's the message. write him an angry email or something.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
It's actually only 800 pages of people complaining about the game plus 1000 pages of people complaining about that.
In my observation, usually there is a complaint first, only then comes the reaction. So if there was not a complaint over and over again, there would be no reactions either. Right?

I mean, I never saw anybody start a rant about how there is a complaint against the game not being updated or DC making too much money, unless somebody started that rant first.
i just think it's annoying because i'd much rather read story theories, character wishes or discuss the plot or talk about the best girl or whatever than reading the same shit about how DC is greedy over and over and over again.
I wholeheartedly agree with all you wrote. But you forgot at least one or two "and over" in your list ;)

4.10 star(s) 354 Votes