Qoo-Rilla

Jun 14, 2018
These sometimes advertised that the save files would work even after the update. Miracle ministerial speeches and blank promises. Have they ever worked on a new update? It would be worth the point to already fulfill the promises. You can't always start this game from the beginning. 5/5 shit :poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:

Reactions: odino and Jarul

Kenuichi

Aug 28, 2017
only 6 scene and the quest to get them is soooooo long but branch out, i only need 1 more maria scene, it's the one in the middle on maria cookie jar, anyone know how to get this ?
Complete the pizzas until the end.

ThatGuyWithaAfro

Aug 28, 2018
Don't Complain about the slow work.
Do like me, Pledge for one month, and then cancel it, and redo it once new content is released.
i fully understand people is angry for pledging for ½ year for 20 mins added content. just pull you pledge and activate it again when you see fit :)
In other, continue to be a plunk :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Endrju

Shadows of the Past
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 20, 2017
This is one of my fav games, I love the art so there is also a possibility for me being biased but who cares. crazy long update schedule and the fact of being forced to start new game each and single time after the release can be a turn of for some but i personally think its worth it. crazy potential

Le Pew

Game Developer
Dec 22, 2018
These sometimes advertised that the save files would work even after the update. Miracle ministerial speeches and blank promises. Have they ever worked on a new update? It would be worth the point to already fulfill the promises. You can't always start this game from the beginning. 5/5 shit :poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:
This is actually an issue with Renpy and complex sandbox games such as this one. It may not be the best engine for such games.

When DC adds a new storyline, it needs new variables to be created/set. To avoid Renpy crashes when an unassigned variable is read, they are usually initialized at the beginning of the game. However when you load a save, any new variable is not set, and then if you try to use them (being in a scene that tests for the variable to check for new events or dialogues) the you have a crash. There are ways to avoid such conditions, that were implemented for example in Bright Past, however for some reason DC did not implement it in this game.

It is stated in the OP that the saves won't work, and that's how the game works. If you are unsatisfied with this, then I suggest that you pledge on DC's Patreon and then maybe you can request that he implements compatibility features. However don't be surprised that releases take more time for no additional content.

TheKingCobra

Donor
Dec 6, 2016
This is actually an issue with Renpy and complex sandbox games such as this one. It may not be the best engine for such games.

When DC adds a new storyline, it needs new variables to be created/set. To avoid Renpy crashes when an unassigned variable is read, they are usually initialized at the beginning of the game. However when you load a save, any new variable is not set, and then if you try to use them (being in a scene that tests for the variable to check for new events or dialogues) the you have a crash. There are ways to avoid such conditions, that were implemented for example in Bright Past, however for some reason DC did not implement it in this game.

It is stated in the OP that the saves won't work, and that's how the game works. If you are unsatisfied with this, then I suggest that you pledge on DC's Patreon, and then maybe you can request that he implements compatibility features. However don't be surprised that releases take more time for no additional content.
To my knowledge (reading a post on their Patreon a while ago) they have implemented such a method. The problem is that part of the game has to be rewritten for it to work properly. One of the offending storylines, as I recall, is Erik's. But the Patreon's decide new content, and they haven't voted for it to be remade.

All of this is simply from memory from reading up about it, probably around the time the 0.19-0.19.5 dropped, so forgive me if I forget some crucial things. Or everything in-between.

4.20 star(s) 340 Votes