JR81

Feb 28, 2017
Alright my dudes. Need you test it out and see if it works.

Rollback + mouse wheel:
1) Open your SummertimeSaga-0.16.0-pc folder.
2) Extract zip contents on there.
3) Confirm any overwrite.
4) Launch game.

If it works please quote this post and tell me that it does work. If it gives you an error please post it.
Any reason why UnRen won't work?

Agungteguh27

Jun 4, 2017
i got bug in rising brain, play playing a game in the computer, when i fight the skull i put the s keyboard, but it doesn't work well

Cro

May 10, 2017
sure, great. Crashes in a couple places and returns to the main menu, without the possibility to Ignore the error. Great (1st) version, as always, wait for the fix and next-fix in the next days.

Impossible to get the damn cat or to make a vehicle insurance claim. Or pay the damage. Both lead to game crash.

madmit

Jun 4, 2017
I still couldn't understand 'developers' who unable to provide compatibility of a save/load system throught releases. It's so silly and unprofessional.
And yes, I know what I'm talking about after 15 years in software development.

Siaschia

Jan 11, 2018
Can't progress at car fix.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'josephine_button_dealership_dialogue_insurance_claim_pay_stat_pass'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/characters/josephine/button_dealership.rpyc", line 60, in script call
  File "/private/var/folders/3d/bsgjml6n0y30yl8bs4qc_gd00000gn/T/AppTranslocation/7F18D5E9-B00A-482A-A9DC-50B6CB158383/d/SummertimeSaga.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 1384, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.context().call(label, return_site=self.next.name)
  File "scripts/characters/josephine/button_dealership.rpyc", line 60, in script call
  File "/private/var/folders/3d/bsgjml6n0y30yl8bs4qc_gd00000gn/T/AppTranslocation/7F18D5E9-B00A-482A-A9DC-50B6CB158383/d/SummertimeSaga.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/script.py", line 873, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'josephine_button_dealership_dialogue_insurance_claim_pay_stat_pass'.

Darwin-17.7.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
SummertimeSaga 0.16.0
Wed Jul 25 23:58:58 2018
It's dangerous alone! Take this.
I made a quick fix for the dealership.

First, fixed error when trying to pay (error with label names).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Second, added cuiviemen fix (missing image).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

To install just extract RPY file and images folder into game folder.

Hope didn't break anything else (don't think so).

Hero1

"I'm in the wrong place at the wrong time."
Donor
Sep 20, 2017
I still couldn't understand 'developers' who unable to provide compatibility of a save/load system throught releases. It's so silly and unprofessional.
dogeek, one of the coders explained why in this post:
I guess with your experience you will either know what the problem with this game in particular is or you will be able to tell if he talks out of his ass.
Or you can provide input to the team on how to resolve the issue.

Cro

May 10, 2017
Well, like 90% of the software devs, with or without 15 years ... you're wrong.
Normally it's like you say, but if you USE YOUR HEAD, you'll see that almost everytime game changes the content from the beginning and it's not just adding things. This will obviously lead to missing vars/props in the save game, making it quite hard and frankly impossible to manage. They even change simple things, order of events, triggers and so. Perhaps a custom made save system would work, but it's Ren'py, so not much to customize there.

Obviously, it's annoying, but they keep improving the story, not just adding to it. The solution ? Play only every 3-4 versions, like once a year. Or wait for someone else to give you a save game. Which kinda conflicts with what I said before.

If you wanted to be right, then complain that 16.0 and 16.1 saves will not be compatible, even if 16.1 contains just bug fixes, that should not impact the save system.

Basically, I wasted 1-2h of my life, getting to the crash with the Insurance... only to have to replay everything in the next days when they release 16.1 or 16.3 or whatever. Now THIS is the issue, not what you're saying.

Reactions: lazybones123

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Obviously, it's annoying, but they keep improving the story, not just adding to it. The solution ? Play only every 3-4 versions, like once a year. Or wait for someone else to give you a save game. Which kinda conflicts with what I said before.
I mean it's not even that bad. The new Roxxy story basically starts on day 2 and you'll have to replay 15 minutes of old content to grind some stats at best while you can igonore every other storyline completely. Sure, if you want to play without cheat mode that may be different but I guess that's just a very small minority of players.

4.20 star(s) 337 Votes