Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
from what i remember it's pretty organized.
It was actually not. That is one of the bottlenecks of posing - because DC didn't use a consistent system to name the layers, it has caused problems for the team to get the poses and the coding done. As such, one major aspect of the posing bottleneck is renaming all the thousands of layers of body parts, facial expressions, etc into a coherent, reliable format for all characters.

Also, see here about the process for the posing and an added reason for the length of time.

Reactions: MisterMeh

MisterMeh

Nov 3, 2020
i don't think we are understanding each other. we agree that the art is not the bottleneck and for the most part it's done. i'm saying for posing sake, a lot of it is static. once you figure out where you want mc in a scene (like if he's by himself, dead center, or if he's conversing with someone, to the left somewhere) they're going to be in those locations for the majority of the game. of course there's going to be some changes and repositioning and rewiring of body parts, but the majority should be a lot of rinse and repeating after the first few initial poses.

i never suggested smaller releases, or releases with different aspect ratios. i don't even know how you came to that conclusion with what i said. as far as the images go, i'm saying per scene you're only going to reference a certain amount of images (loose example: jenny face 1, jenny arm 1, jenny x outfit etc.) so even if there are thousands of images you're only playing with a couple at a time. i've unpacked the game a few times throughout the years and from what i remember it's pretty organized.
It seems Count Morado has stepped in and answered for me quite handily and he has my thanks.

I had assumed you were looking for smaller releases because of your mentioning of smaller and easier tasks. That led me to believe you were hoping they'd work on sections of the game per release. At that point, I would've referenced the mess in which DC himself has admitted to countless times that his style of labelling was poor at best. Again, Count Morado answered that.

That leads me back to the all or nothing scenario that DC and his team are put in because they are essentially building a whole new game from the ground up.

So even with the simple task of placing (jenny face 1, jenny arm 1, jenny x outfit etc.) they're now being relabelled to whatever strayerror needs them to be. That's of course after DC redraws a lot of the work. Then, it also will include some rewrites that Captain Sploosh has been doing, because they weren't happy with some areas. Mind you, the larger rewrites are coming later but some stuff is still being reworked in the early game.

Then is goes to posing, both small and large tasks. Then it's QA tested and finally released.

Yuki-x

Jul 22, 2021
It doesn't. See #0 here: #76,119
Your faq is wrong.
18 months = 540 days

So, if it does not have immunity (time will tell...), it should be marked automatically as abandoned on April 23 2024 or April 24 2024 (depends if you count the date of release or not)
Not that will change anything either way...

...and if an update is released during April will confirm that Darkcookie (and other devs) take into account this pirate community and do exploit the f95zone rules for their game promotions.

As for the rule of 18 months before the abandoned tag it seems at least controversial.

I can somewhat accept it for devs with no income or for devs that have low income and developing their creations during their free time, but I cannot accept it as a reasonable threshold for devs that their income from their creation goes over 4 zeros a month.
Unless those devs donate to this site for their game promotion, it makes zero sense to have this standard equal for all....

Last edited:

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
What happened with this game? Update is 1 y.o.!
#76,119
Your faq is wrong.
18 months = 540 days

So, if it does not have immunity (time will tell...), it should be marked automatically as abandoned on April 23 2024.

...and if an update is released during April will confirm that Darkcookie (and other devs) take into account this pirate community and do exploit the f95zone rules for their game promotions.

As for the rule of 18 months before the abandoned tag it seems at least controversial.

I can somewhat accept it for devs with no income or for devs that have low income and developing their creations during their free time, but I cannot accept it as a reasonable threshold for devs that their income from their creation goes over 4 zeros a month.
Unless those devs donate to this site for their game promotion, it makes zero sense to have this standard equal for all....
My FAQ is quoting the F95 rule, so you aren't calling me wrong but F95 staff. They measure it by months, not days. If they wanted to count days, they would have said days. As for your implication that DC could have some kind of immunity... that. is. a. fucking. riot.

And you are correct, it won't change anything either way.

If you have a beef about F95's rules, submit a support ticket - bitching about it here and arguing semantics with me about F95's rules advances nothing.

• Haha
Reactions: Throwawayxyz

Poggersq

May 2, 2022
pain, back in my days you could change the topic to something more peaceful, & ppl would follow on that said topic, now you could change the topic to the end of the world and we'd still be talking about whether or not this game will update. #Feelsbadman

• Haha
Reactions: Count Morado

Yuki-x

Jul 22, 2021
#76,119
My FAQ is quoting the F95 rule, so you aren't calling me wrong but F95 staff. They measure it by months, not days. If they wanted to count days, they would have said days. As for your implication that DC could have some kind of immunity... that. is. a. fucking. riot.

And you are correct, it won't change anything either way.

If you have a beef about F95's rules, submit a support ticket - bitching about it here and arguing semantics with me about F95's rules advances nothing.
The faq is written by you though?

1st. I do not see a quote of a staff member post, about the date you mention 30 April 2024 in the faq

2nd. By your (or the staffs) interpretation and if it is measured in months it should have already been marked as abandoned since it is already April 2024 and according to you or the F95 staff you mention only months and not days are count.

3rd. so from your faq and the additional explanation if it is true...:

I'm still wondering, even more now, why does this game have immunity to the abandoned tag?

as for the "bitching" and semantics, you quoted my post with your faq. If you haven't quoted me neither would happen.
Unless your almighty self thinks, that you own this thread....
And a person that has polluted this thread with more than 1000 posts :eek: is not qualified to talk about bitching...

Last edited:

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
Your faq is wrong.
18 months = 540 days

So, if it does not have immunity (time will tell...), it should be marked automatically as abandoned on April 23 2024 or April 24 2024 (depends if you count the date of release or not)

Don't worry. The update won't come in April.

4.10 star(s) 353 Votes