PatreonTed

Jun 3, 2017
As mentioned previously, his art doesn't seem to ever be the problem (for DC). Historically, it is always his coding that is behind.
Just this guy's opinion, but I think don't the coding is the issue when it's done 13-20 days after the art, and then coding is dependent on the posing (which is dependent on the art) and includes testing time.

Reactions: TheDevian

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Whatever the reason, I feel the updates are coming way slower now. Was actually wondering if there was a specific reason for the hold-up on the upcoming release.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Whatever the reason, I feel the updates are coming way slower now. Was actually wondering if there was a specific reason for the hold-up on the upcoming release.
I'd say it's a mix of everything in the end, more story content, better art quality, better h scenes and better quests. I mean, if you compare for example Roxxy's update to Jenny's you'll see a big difference. In Roxxy's case almost every quest is different, involves different locations, characters, etc. while in for example Jenny's case basically all you'll do is buy stuff, give it to her, visit Somrak and repeat some scenes in the house. That's of course far less work since "everything" repeats itself 3 or 4 times but in the end it's quite boring compared to what we got for Roxxy.

E-Dog

A pain in his girlfriend's ass
Donor
Apr 9, 2018
I dont know how many of u on this thread are younger and/or without a spouse and/or kids, but we did just get done with summer. Children....people's kids.....even programmers and game developers have kids. They had the summer off from school. You spend time with family when can. Kids just went back to school. Parents need to adjust for changing schedules. Takes time. This takes away time from projects.
Plus, i must say that the casual talk of how programming doesnt take time is way off track. Unless you've tried reviewing and proofing whole programs that have thousands amd tens of thousands and hundreds of thousands of lines of code i dont think peeps should make unqualified judgement calls on how slow the coding is and should be faster.
And i dont care if peeps took 1 or 2 classes of basic c++ or derivatives thereof in school. Everyone knows the basic concept of basic programming are easy to understand. Enacting it in practice in gigantic or smaller programs isnt as easy. Think back to how long you took doing the homework for those classes and how long it took you to realize u didnt declare a global or local variable correctly. Or that comma that went one whole space further than it should of. Oh! Lets not forget about that semicolon at the end of your code on line 43! How many hours did it take to make u wanna throw your computer out the window?
Plus, this site is a pirate site. We arent buying here. No room to complain about production speed. @DarkCookie puts out self created stuff that you can tell has time and heart put in it (even if it is only for the money or not, doesnt matter). How many other games are drawn and not just generic backgrounds and pregenerated models from daz or HS? There are some, but not nearly as many.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
I dont know how many of u on this thread are younger and/or without a spouse and/or kids, but we did just get done with summer. Children....people's kids.....even programmers and game developers have kids. They had the summer off from school. You spend time with family when can. Kids just went back to school. Parents need to adjust for changing schedules. Takes time. This takes away time from projects.
Plus, i must say that the casual talk of how programming doesnt take time is way off track. Unless you've tried reviewing and proofing whole programs that have thousands amd tens of thousands and hundreds of thousands of lines of code i dont think peeps should make unqualified judgement calls on how slow the coding is and should be faster.
And i dont care if peeps took 1 or 2 classes of basic c++ or derivatives thereof in school. Everyone knows the basic concept of basic programming are easy to understand. Enacting it in practice in gigantic or smaller programs isnt as easy. Think back to how long you took doing the homework for those classes and how long it took you to realize u didnt declare a global or local variable correctly. Or that comma that went one whole space further than it should of. Oh! Lets not forget about that semicolon at the end of your code on line 43! How many hours did it take to make u wanna throw your computer out the window?
Plus, this site is a pirate site. We arent buying here. No room to complain about production speed. @DarkCookie puts out self created stuff that you can tell has time and heart put in it (even if it is only for the money or not, doesnt matter). How many other games are drawn and not just generic backgrounds and pregenerated models from daz or HS? There are some, but not nearly as many.

Oh, bullcrap. Do you know if Cookie or any of his team have families? Is there a part in patreon that says something about paid vacation time?
Yes, everybody should be understanding that devs are people and have lives and families and that those sometimes take predecence over work, but that's not a blanko excuse for everything.

And yes, this is a pirate site, but many of us are also patreons for many games and while I get that one might not want to see a dev they like get trashed here, that's not what's happening.
I've been a patreon for this game in the past and might become so again, if finances allow it and if the updates happen more often.
Also, while only pirating the games does not entitle you to anything, it doesn't mean it can't be discussed or that your arguments hold no value due to that. Everyone has a right to voice his opinion.

People are only discussing whether the size of the updates is adequate when you look at the time between said updates.
And no one was accusing the dev of anything.

I think there are too many of two extremes here on this board lately. On one hand you have the people who attack devs in outrageous ways, accusing them of being liars, cheats, thieves and whatnot, often without having any clue or interest of what's going on in a dev's mind, his life, family etc..
But then on the other hand you have those that automatically will jump to their beloved devs defence, not caring whether he was attacked or not, not caring if it was valid criticism. Those people also often think they have the right to tell us what to think about a specific game and its dev.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Oh, bullcrap. Do you know if Cookie or any of his team have families?
DC does indeed have two ~1 year and ~1,5(?) months old children (baby cookie and cookie crumb as he calls them) but else I'd agree that that's very likely not the reason for the delays. Yes, he'll likely work a little bit less with two small kids in the house but he seems as motivated as always. The way more likely reason is simply the added content/quality which sucks up a lot of time.

For patreons it's important to see that there's no new goal. The last financial development goal was set at 25.000$ and that's how it is for a year now. More money is nice but won't necessarily help that things go faster - at least that's how I see it. I mean, it's not like DC is really "asking for more" ....

I personally reduced my pledge to 1$ as well since it don't really see a reason to give more at the moment. Should the numbers drop significantly that may change again.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
From what it seems to me, is that we are having some typical unforeseen issues. It is taking a bit longer than expected, but this is only the second update of its size and with this full team, it is not surprising to have some issues in that situation.

I figure if you are not a supporter, then no reason to complain too hard, and if you are, then this really isn't the place for it.

For me, as with most games, I would rather see them take their time and make sure they get everything done the best they can, than get rushed or unfinished work that needs to be patched later.

Beatrix Kiddo

Donor
Aug 25, 2016
Is this a foreshadowing of what's to come in a few weeks? :WutFace:

Anyways, I love the new lingerie for Debbie, although I really like garterbelt but still it's really nice. She's sexier than ever.

Bonhart

Dec 30, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I did not want to look but in the end I could not resist, sexy, very sexy, how I would like the doggy style post with Debbie ................... the lack of this position in 0.14 left me with a bitter taste (there is that scene in the kitchen but it is completely unsatisfactory)

but then this new Debbie will be in 0.17?

(Sorry my english)

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
well,you are not simply feeling,they are coming slower,but at least they are getting a more dense content...on the part you said on a later comment,i feel ya arguments in a lot of ways(i was funding him on patreon until the teachers update prolonged delay),althought i try to stay positive when express a critic,otherwise people kinda get woked up and start a shitstorm even before the time they start to happen....

George Halstead

Oct 1, 2017
Damn, played a good way through the game and went to the dealership to get the car repaired and it threw and error and kicked me to the start screen. Kind of stinks.. ALOT !!

4.10 star(s) 356 Votes