Bonhart

Dec 30, 2017
DC could release the final game by Christmas with 20 more hours of game play, and people would still complain.

That said, a rework of an existing story line that has already reworked taking as long as something like Roxxy's story is somewhat concerning. I really hope this release has significant extra content given that it is taking the same time as a full update.

I hope so, November 25 (I think this may be the right date for the release) will do exactly 4 months, the last update that required this time was that of teachers, but there were 4 characters then the time was justified, the update of Diane most likely in proportion will be the update with the development phase longer than ever, at this point I hope that there are many scenes also Debbie (logically apart from threesome)

(Sorry my english)

Fullcrum

Apr 10, 2018
Nobody is stopping you from creating a new topic exclusively dedicated to discussing the story or making suggestions, but trying to steer a 1000+ page behemoth of a threat towards making a dev feel at home seems like a waste of time.

Theoretically, this topic is appropriate for such a discussion.
It seems, however, that nobody is interested or interested in refusing attempts to break through the flock of posts about anything and the question "when the next update?"

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
Theoretically, this topic is appropriate for such a discussion.
It seems, however, that nobody is interested or interested in refusing attempts to break through the flock of posts about anything and the question "when the next update?"
Dude, again, this is the main release thread and it's huge. Pretty much all of the release threads in the popular games section are just a string of people asking the same 4 or 5 questions over and over again and no amount of bitching about it will make a difference.

If you want to have a constructive discussion about specific aspects of the game just create a topic for it.

mattius77

May 16, 2017
The only issue I have with it is that it kind of makes the story make less sense. It's obvious from the context and the dialogue that they are more than landlord and roommate, etc.
Yeah, I'd say removing the relational aspect makes the story completely silly. Like, to the point where I wouldn't want to play it, as the plot is constructed.

That's not to say you couldn't make a good game out of the landlord/tenant relationship dynamic. (Hockey fans will tell you the only thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill) But to just blindly reskin an incest game with those nouns is kind of dopey.

Reactions: TheDevian

mattius77

May 16, 2017
Jenny is presented as an unpleasant and selfish woman ... but with the development of her story, things can change as it did with Roxy.
You have to take into account that she's acting like that for some reason.

For me, the most likely reason may be the financial situation of the family. Debbie is a good woman, but gives the impression of someone who is not ready to take care of the family. She is a typical housewife. Jenny's attitude may be due to the fact that she knows that Debbie will not bear the burden of family financial security and debt repayment, and she took it upon herself and is entirely focused on it.
We will see how DC will solve the issue of debts incurred by the dead father in the mafia.

I share the opinion that it would be advisable to push the main thread forward to more illuminate the general situation of the MC family and the reason for his father's death. This issue has the potential to influence side stories, and in many cases, there could be a question of re-updating content that has recently been changed.
I just read Jenny as a stereotypical older sibling monetizing her sex drive through 'unconventional' means. *shrug*

KillaMonka

Aug 5, 2016
View attachment 171926
looking at this pic, if i could decide which update will be the next i would do it like this

1. Eve
2. Mia
3. Ronda
4. Main Story
5. Cult Update
6. School Teachers
7. Judith
8. Mrs Johnson
9. Dating System
10. Librarian
11. Bridget
Eve is already on track for the 0.19 update, i personally want Erik and Ms. Johnson because we will finally get save compatibility after two years plus of game development

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
sorry bud i want mia to finally be good or ronda to get some content
bro,you're already getting Eve,leave some hope for the people who were like you some months ago,and let the ginger have her chance,hehehehehe

I think that our big failure is that we had DarkCookie in this thread and we could not keep him / interest him.

Instead of talking about the game, wondering why the chosen story is so and not the other and how it could look, most posts are questions about the time of updating, complaining about content chosen by patrons or chatting about nothing.

The first example from the shore. In the last update (Roxy), DC revealed a little more about the cult of Prinipal Smith. Has anyone ever mentioned this? He thought about it? Was there any ditty? .... No. Nothing. No interest. I have the impression that the majority of players do not think about the consistency of the stories presented in the game but want to see as much as possible of the naked and naked sex and interest in the story presented in the game.
you shouldnt think on it being a failure of our part,just for note,everytime we tried to ask him anything,he only answered in the form of jokes and never confirming anything(aside the things he had already confirmed on his site,patreon and discord),as a reminder his presence here can be called any moment,you can even do it now,just mark his name and pronto,if he's online he will know you talked trying to get his attention(you can try talking with him on patreon or trying to contact him on discord),most of us interact with him during his streams,and ask things there,simple as that,if he doesnt want to come around here to talk with us,let him be,he is free to do whatever he wants,when people try to call him here,its more for asking about his opinion or why he did something on the way he did,just that....as for his patreon page,if you are a recent patron of his,you will get used with mentality of his community,however,if you are an older one,i can only give you a tap on the back and wish you good luck,cuz i aint returning there anytime soon,i prefer toss some free talk here among these guys them wasting my breath asking for story content and advances on the main route there....

Bonhart

Dec 30, 2017
Eve is already on track for the 0.19 update, i personally want Erik and Ms. Johnson because we will finally get save compatibility after two years plus of game development
but is it really so important to have the compatible save? for me it is a false problem, replay it again every 3/4 months does not seem a drama, among other things there are also "cheat" where it takes really 5 minutes to immediately raise the statistics (strength, intelligence etc ... ...), I prefer Dark Cookie to use those 3/4 months for something interesting like Prinipal Smith (the cult) or Maria pizzeria (Main quest, among other things I think it's even now)

(Sorry my english)

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
Same.
At least people will have one less thing to complain about.
i was like you guys 2 updates ago,but after seeing people still wanting their favorites done as soon as possible before the viability of the game,i just thought fuck it,now i just want Judith,and i can happily wait for the game being concluded without any worry about that...

Saraf

Mar 16, 2018
Yeah, I'd say removing the relational aspect makes the story completely silly. Like, to the point where I wouldn't want to play it, as the plot is constructed.

That's not to say you couldn't make a good game out of the landlord/tenant relationship dynamic. (Hockey fans will tell you the only thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill) But to just blindly reskin an incest game with those nouns is kind of dopey.
Landlord Ladies(land ladies?)have been a reoccuring character type in eroge forever now and there are tons upon tons of games that actually base their story on that trope(often in combination with a highschool setting...for reasons)so without a question it can work but you have to setup your story and setting accordingly.

In SS its obvious that the whole thing was just a bad patchup and thats fine as long as the situation demands it(which means as long as its in production and reliant on patreon moneyz).
How anyone can consider that mess of a story good or even acceptable is beyond me though.

Reactions: Beatrix Kiddo

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018

Exactly, Mythic Manor is a good example that has an actual landlady/roommates, but unlike an incest game with a quick word swap, the context is different (she was a friend of your mother's, but that is as close to a hang up as you get, and it isn't a big one). I mean, now that I have played it through, I don't really need the patch to know what's up and can ignore it when I am not really playing those arcs, but if the patch doesn't do a good job recontextualizing the dialogue, it just seems forced and breaks immersion, even if it is in a silly, trope-filled world.

Reactions: Beatrix Kiddo

RottenBlock

Nov 3, 2017
I think SS deserves some credit for its incest fixes, but only some. They didn't just swap out words for it, at least not all of the time. Debbie is implied to have dated your dad in the past, which excuses some of her anecdotes about knowing you as a kid, and makes more sense as a hangup than just being your landlady. Diane was never all that hung up on your relationship to begin with, so she fits into this new setup like a glove. Meanwhile, Jenny just doesn't want to be romantically involved with you at first because... she doesn't! Eric's modified storyline is more of a mess, but they also made some pretty fair-sized changes in an attempt to fix it, so partial credit for that.

Compare that to other games, which really did just do minimum effort, find-and-replace shit, leading to incredibly bizarre scenes like in Milfy City, where one of your "roommates" gets turned on by the taboo of you... addressing her by name? And at least SS isn't guilty of leaving the unmodified relationship ("Sister," "Mother," etc) scattered about the text in at least six places. I just can't get over how many games do that. Sometimes there are typos but most of the time it's just the unmodified word. How did you clearly use find-and-replace in other places, but screwed up in others?

It's a low bar, and SS still tripped over it, but at least they're not flat on their face.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
It's a low bar, and SS still tripped over it, but at least they're not flat on their face.
I'm sure DC actually wanted "legal" certainty for now. The game has been under review and is certainly watched by patreon to a degree.

Else I'd say they could of course do a lot better if they didn't intend to bring the incest back at the very end. So all in all there are limits to what can be done storywise at the moment but I guess one can live with those.

@Fullcrum:
I'm 99% certain that "we" never had a chance. DC says working on mails is already way too much work and I think he said once that he doesn't care about boards etc. at all. In a way that makes sense, if there's something really urgent one has got Discord and for everything else there's the picarto chat during streams in which people, no matter if patreon or not, can influence the game basically every other day.

So I'm pretty sure that he just doesn't want to take anymore time for communication and F95 would require a lot of time.

ABDOOL

Dec 23, 2017
View attachment 171926
looking at this pic, if i could decide which update will be the next i would do it like this

1. Eve
2. Mia
3. Ronda
4. Main Story
5. Cult Update
6. School Teachers
7. Judith
8. Mrs Johnson
9. Dating System
10. Librarian
11. Bridget
wasn't it either auntie or sis and whoever won the other is next and the poll is for what is after ????

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
wasn't it either auntie or sis and whoever won the other is next and the poll is for what is after ????
I'd say his post was hypothetical. The real next updates are indeed 0.17 for Diane, 0.18 for Jenny and 0.19 for Eve. What's going to happen in 0.20 will be determined by the next poll which should come out after 0.17 is released.

4.00 star(s) 358 Votes