ikaruga

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Aug 11, 2016
I have still the problem with Judith not coming to the park...i can do what ever i want...it wont trigger anymore.
I stayed in ther beachhouse for about a week and didnt start any new quest...but it wont work for me anymore.

So...ill have to start a new one AGAIN...-.-
This just starts to happen with the roxxy update, before this one, all was fine and triggered correctly

Got the same problem too, i hacked the sources to get to the scene

I'm working at my mod for the moment, will version compatibility.
Here the link :

I'm working at the moment to a mod menu for giving cookiejar content and maybe theses missed events

kikomascado

May 20, 2017
Sadly yes. The Johnson update is largely about moving the last bit of old code to the new code, which will make it all mesh together.
But why the hell? Milfy City has a similar sandbox-like gameplay and the old saves works just fine.
I would ask why Save Compatibility will only be added if people vote for Erik's, but Laziness answered that.

Well, since I'm already replying to the thread, I'll take the chance to answer some old replies.

There is no trap. It's a joke made by DC when he was streaming a couple of years ago.
Nooooo!!! I'm so sad. :'(

How much foot fetish related content is in this game?
Unfortunately, not so much. There is only a footjob from Jenny and some teasing from Debbie as far as I can remember.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I think SS deserves some credit for its incest fixes, but only some.
It's a low bar, and SS still tripped over it, but at least they're not flat on their face.
Yeah, they did a better job than most, but a lot of the dialogue is still pretty cumbersome without the patch, though the last patch itself was a bit of a mess too. Whereas the one before it, was pretty well done.
Either way, once the game is done, it was get an official patch to fix it, so I am not particularly worried. Though playing the next two updates without it are going to be frustrating.
So is the Mom Aunt threesome at least confirmed?
More or less.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
But why the hell? Milfy City has a similar sandbox-like gameplay and the old saves works just fine.
Well, the first reason is that the code base of SS is being changed at the moment, because the old code base, which DC himself started when the game wasn't even supposed to be a real game, doesn't seem up to supporting those changes without major bug risks.
Second one has to see that - unlike in many other games - the updates aren't consecutive, so it has certainly always been a somewhat low priority. Until now there has only been one update - that being the last halloween update - where having old saves would have been an actual advantage and in every other update you could basically start the new content at your first ingame day and one didin't really have to replay anthing "old" unless you wanted to, except some parts of the introduction and stat grinds of course.

Edit: I mean, they'll have to get the save thing right. The game comes close to 75 characters soon and all of them are potentially subject to changes every other update. So I'd guess there are quite a few more vaiables than in most other games.

Reactions: TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Well, the first reason is that the code base of SS is being changed at the moment, because the old code base, which DC himself started when the game wasn't even supposed to be a real game, doesn't seem up to supporting those changes without major bug risks.
Second one has to see that - unlike in many other games - the updates aren't consecutive, so it has certainly always been a somewhat low priority. Until now there has only been one update - that being the last Halloween update - where having old saves would have been an actual advantage and in every other update you could basically start the new content at your first ingame day and one didn't really have to replay anything "old" unless you wanted to, except some parts of the introduction and stat grinds of course.

Edit: I mean, they'll have to get the save thing right. The game comes close to 75 characters soon and all of them are potentially subject to changes every other update. So I'd guess there are quite a few more variables than in most other games.
Another thing that people often overlook, is that before these changes, the save files used to grow to be almost 5meg each, and it took a long time to save, but now they are down to about half a meg each at most and happen relatively quickly. People always want to complain, but these changes are not just for the sake of change, they are not just being done to mess with you, they are both necessary and beneficial to all of us and the very game itself.

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
People can understand save compatibility wrong sometimes, The thing about it is not about keeping the same system all the time, it's about translating an old saves and mapping everything into the new system, then once player saves again it's in the correct format. It's not rocket science, but if you made everything in a big mess in the first place, yes it will be a pain to maintain, it's a mystery to me how this still is a problem in so many games. It should never have to fundamentally change this much. Maybe they are tweaking some stuff that ren'py really doesn't like... but it's just python, they could make something custom, they have the resources to do it.

Each save should contain the game version, and once you load that game version save into the game it should translate whatever needs matching up against the new system, or figure out the missing parts by itself. Thing about it though is, it takes extra work, and it's only used in a very specific situation. maybe they don't think its worth it.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Wait,what?Did I miss something?
Isnt the patch maintained anymore?
Someone usually does it, but it can take time, and the last one was a big buggy, at least at first, so I didn't use it myself.

Reactions: Saraf

Laziness

Feb 14, 2018
Someone usually does it, but it can take time, and the last one was a big buggy, at least at first, so I didn't use it myself.
Same. I already know what the reality of the game is and that it'll get restored at the end.
That and updates about non-family members don't really call for it anyway.

Reactions: Saraf and TheDevian

ikaruga

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Aug 11, 2016
Sadly yes. The Johnson update is largely about moving the last bit of old code to the new code, which will make it all mesh together.
I would ask why Save Compatibility will only be added if people vote for Erik's, but Laziness answered that.
As a modder, i used to decypher both games and i ca assure you that Summertime Saga use very deeper coding system.
It's very smart, need a huge amount of time to do it nicely and it's very well done.

Summertime already have a "restore old save" system, but only for the persistent date saved, like cookiejar unlocks. The data saved is actually more like a memory screenshot written into a text. Even the backward functions works with a summertime save.

So if you want to keep save from version to another, you need to change the behaviour of a save before, choosing data carefully, the way, the how, the why, before writing them and load them. Then, you'll need to keep a specific track about changes between two versions, and write missing data from an old version save to a new version one.

BUT, as i started modding this new mechanics, i could provide a "let me go thru all story until that moment" for each character soon. I'm writing a debug menu from the developper one (getting all safe functions from the dev console) and saw about theses mechanics. I could trigger manually all the events checkpoints until a chosen moment for a specific character, but it could be tricky as many events are dependant of others.

Check my mod thread, i'll keep you updated there.

4.00 star(s) 358 Votes