Jade Falcon

Aug 1, 2017
Hey folks, I have a quick question, but with a quick backstory....

Back in May, my hard drive completely crashed. I was able to save some things, but the short of it is it now has a new hard drive. It took about a month to get done. About that time, I also got pretty sick with the flu, and since then a couple of other things have taken up almost all of my time: searching for a new house in Idaho, and helping my mother with cancer treatments. I have version 15.3, but I don't think I've played it at all.

So it's only now that I've finally had some time to unwind and get back into playing this game. So I apologize for being behind the curve on all of this.

But I heard a while back that Patreon was giving DC a problem about the incest elements of this game. I was busy at the time and didn't pay much attention to it, but my question is:

Is there a patch included with 16.1 that allows the incest elements into the game? Or should I wait for version 17? The whole "roomate" angle is pretty lame....no offense to DC or the mods.

Thanks folks. I appreciate your patience with my left-behind ass. :oops: I know stupid questions aren't really embraced around here, but I genuinely do have an excuse, lol.

Laziness

Feb 14, 2018
My advice: ignore the patch since it's got a reputation for being unstable you know what's really going on and the stuff you missed doesn't involve the characters affected by the patch (outside of needing to boost dexterity, I guess)

ikaruga

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Aug 11, 2016
My incest patch handle already sister calling main player brother and vice versa. Sister and main player call Debbie "mom" and Diane "Aunt Diane"
As i can isolate all "who talks what about who", i can recreate whole relationship without editing all dialogues. It'es really easy now.

Beatrix Kiddo

Donor
Aug 25, 2016
How many hours of gameplay would you say this game is for someone new?
Depends on how you play it. For me it's 5 to 10 hours every update, depending on the amount of new content. I like playing it nice and easy, enjoying every moment. Other people like to skip play it direct to the sex scenes, or something inbetween, getting maybe 1 or 2 hours only.

So playing all the content from zero, I really can't tell how much playtime there is, but surely it's a lot. I would be playing for weeks probably.

Reactions: TheDevian

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Is there a patch included with 16.1 that allows the incest elements into the game? Or should I wait for version 17? The whole "roomate" angle is pretty lame....no offense to DC or the mods.
Yes, there's been a patch though if course will only work "95%" since the story isn't tweaked for the incest in detail anymore and some things feel a little bit awkward in any way. That's for now. Nobody knows how Diane's reworked story will turn out and how close they'll keep the incest and how well it's actually patchable conentwise. Yes, one can replace the names but if somebody is willing to do "that little bit more" that's needed to make it really consistent? We'll have to see.

So in 0.16 it works pretty well right now but since 0.17 will drop somewhat soon and since savegames won't be compatible I'd probably wait for that reason alone.

That said, unlike many other games SS was never really about the incest and it still feels basically the same now as it did before. I've never really used any patch and I didn't enjoy it one bit less.

Reactions: Jade Falcon

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
Seriously, I'm about ready to pull my pledge. Posing and code have gotten dick-all done for weeks now. There are coding tasks still open where the associated art and posing have been done for well over a month. I'm always ready to give DC the benefit of the doubt because I know that drawing all this shit by hand is a mammoth undertaking for one person, but once he's done the rest shouldn't be nearly this drawn out.

And I'll bet a year's worth of Patreon pledges that it's due to the new rig system. They're probably getting bugs where arms and faces are popping in at the wrong times or places and completely fouling the posing. Yeah, it'll make for a smaller, more optimized game in the long run but not when it makes the coding far more complicated than it needs to be. You're past deadline, get it in gear.

Beatrix Kiddo

Donor
Aug 25, 2016
And I'll bet a year's worth of Patreon pledges that it's due to the new rig system. They're probably getting bugs where arms and faces are popping in at the wrong times or places and completely fouling the posing. Yeah, it'll make for a smaller, more optimized game in the long run but not when it makes the coding far more complicated than it needs to be. You're past deadline, get it in gear.
I'm more inclined to think it's due moving the old Diane code to the new code. For the Roxxy update they already used the new rig system and the code wasn't so far behind, the major difference between them being Roxxy having no previous content to rewrite.

"1 Changes in last 24 hrs" Feelsbadman
Well it's weekend afterall.

Reactions: E-Dog and TheDevian

Kaischi

Jun 13, 2018
Got the same problem too, i hacked the sources to get to the scene

I'm working at my mod for the moment, will version compatibility.
Here the link :

I'm working at the moment to a mod menu for giving cookiejar content and maybe theses missed events

Well...i dont really get it :p
I started the game now, with your MOD, but Judith is not coming and i cant go on in story with Mrs. Okita..
What do i have to do?

Thanks man!

EDIT:
I talked to Judith again, and then it all worked fine :p
Can i take your MOD out of the game now w/o any problems?

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
I'm more inclined to think it's due moving the old Diane code to the new code. For the Roxxy update they already used the new rig system and the code wasn't so far behind, the major difference between them being Roxxy having no previous content to rewrite.
That really doesn't bode well for the next update, then. Diane is pretty separate from the rest of the other characters' questlines for the most part but Jenny is tied directly into a game stat. If they're having this much trouble reworking Diane's code then Jenny is gonna take like 6 months at the rate they're going.

Well it's weekend afterall.
Tough shit, they're behind schedule and they get to make it up now. DC's late update made it sound like they were just finishing shit up when the Dev Tracker shows that they're likely weeks away from release. Not a good look to drop an update with Halloween decorations in it after Thanksgiving.

Beatrix Kiddo

Donor
Aug 25, 2016
That really doesn't bode well for the next update, then. Diane is pretty separate from the rest of the other characters' questlines for the most part but Jenny is tied directly into a game stat. If they're having this much trouble reworking Diane's code then Jenny is gonna take like 6 months at the rate they're going.
Yep, it's a possibility. It comes to mind too that with this update comes the introduction of the pregnancy feature and minigame, I don't know how much work that could add up to the code schedule.

Iirc DC said a few streams back that dogeek has been a bit overconfident this time around and that time has been catching up, and overall that this update has come really slow. So yeah, it's a bit disappointing. I'm sure though this is one of those few exceptionts, so it doesn't necessarily mean that 0.18 will come as slow. Afterall we have had many updates and it's usually not this slow.

jaques

Aug 11, 2016
"1 Changes in last 24 hrs" Feelsbadman
Pretty sure most of the coding and posing is done in separate branches. In the detailed dev-tracker there are quite a lot of branch merges. Other changes are mostly censored or (minor) bugfixes.

ikaruga

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Aug 11, 2016
Well...i dont really get it :p
I started the game now, with your MOD, but Judith is not coming and i cant go on in story with Mrs. Okita..
What do i have to do?

Thanks man!

EDIT:
I talked to Judith again, and then it all worked fine :p
Can i take your MOD out of the game now w/o any problems?
Of course you can, but if you used it when triggering split quests (like with June), choice still persists

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Hey folks, I have a quick question, but with a quick backstory....

Back in May, my hard drive completely crashed. I was able to save some things, but the short of it is it now has a new hard drive. It took about a month to get done. About that time, I also got pretty sick with the flu, and since then a couple of other things have taken up almost all of my time: searching for a new house in Idaho, and helping my mother with cancer treatments. I have version 15.3, but I don't think I've played it at all.

So it's only now that I've finally had some time to unwind and get back into playing this game. So I apologize for being behind the curve on all of this.

But I heard a while back that Patreon was giving DC a problem about the incest elements of this game. I was busy at the time and didn't pay much attention to it, but my question is:

Thanks folks. I appreciate your patience with my left-behind ass. :oops: I know stupid questions aren't really embraced around here, but I genuinely do have an excuse, lol.
Personally, I would wait for the update coming soon, since you will have to start over when it does. There is and will be another patch, possibly two by then, unlike some games, they have to be redone every update. Maybe after Mrs. Johnson's that will be less of a problem too.

Patreon forced everyone to remove the incest in their games. From what I understand it was not even them, but Paypal who forced their hand on that, they have never liked adult stuff anyway so it doesn't surprise me.

Beatrix Kiddo

Donor
Aug 25, 2016
Well, it's been 3 to 4 months since the teacher update.
Yes, that's true. There's a few things to note though. The teacher's update took roughly 4 months, but it was when patreon guidelines struck with all the incest stuff, and that was supposedly what slowed down it by quite a bit. The Roxxy update on the other hand took just a few days over 3 months (I just checked and it was roughly 3 months and a week), which is almost exactly the time 0.17 has been in production as of today.

I take this as updates should be roughly 3 months, like the Roxxy one. The teacher's was an exception, as I think is this one (although there is no excuse this time). And thus, 0.18, 0.19, etc. shouldn't take much more than that, I think (or should I say I hope lol).

MasterQ

Nov 28, 2016
Yes, that's true. There's a few things to note though. The teacher's update took roughly 4 months, but it was when patreon guidelines struck with all the incest stuff, and that was supposedly what slowed down it by quite a bit. The Roxxy update on the other hand took just a few days over 3 months (I just checked and it was roughly 3 months and a week), which is almost exactly the time 0.17 has been in production as of today.

I take this as updates should be roughly 3 months, like the Roxxy one. The teacher's was an exception, as I think is this one (although there is no excuse this time). And thus, 0.18, 0.19, etc. shouldn't take much more than that, I think (or should I say I hope lol).
And this update was to expand an already existing story-line which already got an update. Same with the next one, but I still think it will take 3 months to make.

Reactions: TurtleKing9000
4.00 star(s) 358 Votes