Ruffy2010

Jul 9, 2017
Is there actually a way to save Renpy texts in Clipboard? I'm just asking because my english is not that good and i wanted to play it with goggel translator! I would be happy if someone could help me!
Thank you!

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Is there actually a way to save Renpy texts in Clipboard? I'm just asking because my english is not that good and i wanted to play it with goggel translator! I would be happy if someone could help me!
Thank you!
Well, you could try to extract the script files, and translate those, the easiest way would be to download ren'py and open it in that.

ikaruga

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Aug 11, 2016
Thank you!
I'm sorry but you cant, dev need to implement a key for copy the text content.

Beatrix Kiddo

Donor
Aug 25, 2016
Thank you!
Maybe Visual Novel Reader would work for that just tweaking a few options. It is a bit of a hassle to set everything up the first time though, and everything is in english so it could be even more confusing if you have trouble understanding the language.

I'm curious now if it would work, tomorrow I'll try it just for the fun of it.

What's your native language btw?

Reactions: E-Dog and TheDevian

Ruffy2010

Jul 9, 2017
Maybe Visual Novel Reader would work for that just tweaking a few options. It is a bit of a hassle to set everything up the first time though, and everything is in english so it could be even more confusing if you have trouble understanding the language.

I'm curious now if it would work, tomorrow I'll try it just for the fun of it.

What's your native language btw?
It is German.

If it works, I would be very happy!
Thanks for your trouble!

Saraf

Mar 16, 2018
It is German.

Thanks for your trouble!
If its anything like AGTH(which I would assume simply by the nature of how translation software works)its not going to.
Renpy does its text procession internally if I remember correctly which pretty much prevents those kinds of software to pick up on the needed os calls.

As someone who went a similar route back in his own days I would actually suggest staying completely away from translation tools and just looking up words you need to make sense out of sentences.
Even beginner levels of english are enough for most conventional stuff and it should even help you to pick up the language faster.

analagous translation since Im too lazy to translate word for word:
VNR wird sehr wahscheinlich nicht funktionieren aufgrund dessen wie translation softwares arbeiten.
Würde allerdings vorschlagen komplett auf Übersetzungssoftware zu verzichten und schlichtweg aus dem Satz kontext zu übersetzen was bei nem beginner englisch level schon ausreichen sollte,zur not Wörter in google translate hämmern wenn nen Satz überhaupt keinen Sinn ergibt.
SS ist extrem simpel gehalten was seine Sprache angeht und bietet sich da für sowas gerade zu an.
Hilft nebenbei auch extrem die Sprache aufzuschnappen.

Reactions: Beatrix Kiddo

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
4 months for each update.. almost 5.. im guessing 3 more weeks for this update to be released.
Well, 0.16 was released on July 25th, so 3 more weeks from now would make it 4 months. The art for 0.16 was finished on July 13th, so it took 3,5 months this time - including DC becoming dad the second time which will have taken a bit of time I suppose.

@yty: The patches aren't numbered towards an abstract 1.0 release and nobody knows what's going to be the final version - though it's certainly going to take a couple of years from now.

Zkorey

Feb 28, 2018
guys, I think this update is delaying because of the visual remakes in some characters ... i don't understand programming but it must be difficult for them to also deliver the updates quickly ... be patience ^^

Reactions: TheDevian

ikaruga

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Aug 11, 2016
guys, I think this update is delaying because of the visual remakes in some characters ... i don't understand programming but it must be difficult for them to also deliver the updates quickly ... be patience ^^
It's not that hard, i think between the last update and this one, with all new events, it's like 30-40h of coding max. All engine is ready, just need to implement images, screens, and dialogues.

Beatrix Kiddo

Donor
Aug 25, 2016
It is German.

Thanks for your trouble!
If its anything like AGTH(which I would assume simply by the nature of how translation software works)its not going to.
Renpy does its text procession internally if I remember correctly which pretty much prevents those kinds of software to pick up on the needed os calls.

As someone who went a similar route back in his own days I would actually suggest staying completely away from translation tools and just looking up words you need to make sense out of sentences.
Even beginner levels of english are enough for most conventional stuff and it should even help you to pick up the language faster.
Indeed. Just tried it and doesn't work. I would follow Saraf's advice really.

Reactions: TheDevian

userpass

Mar 3, 2017
It's not that hard, i think between the last update and this one, with all new events, it's like 30-40h of coding max. All engine is ready, just need to implement images, screens, and dialogues.
30-40 hours of coding takes a long time when you only work a couple hours a week.

Reactions: toolkitxx

MasterQ

Nov 28, 2016
...though it's certainly going to take a couple of years from now.
Optimistic. Even if all the next updates will take "only" 3 months, it means 4 updates a year. Only by counting the option from the poll we still have 11 updates coming, plus the end-game update with the resolution of the game, the prom update for every single girl, the dating updates for all the girls. And we don't know if he want to redo yet another existing storyline or things like that.
I say DC have the material for working at least for 4 years.

4.00 star(s) 358 Votes