kikomascado

May 20, 2017
Is there actually a way to save Renpy texts in Clipboard? I'm just asking because my english is not that good and i wanted to play it with goggel translator! I would be happy if someone could help me!
Thank you!
If its anything like AGTH(which I would assume simply by the nature of how translation software works)its not going to.
Renpy does its text procession internally if I remember correctly which pretty much prevents those kinds of software to pick up on the needed os calls.

As someone who went a similar route back in his own days I would actually suggest staying completely away from translation tools and just looking up words you need to make sense out of sentences.
Even beginner levels of english are enough for most conventional stuff and it should even help you to pick up the language faster.

analagous translation since Im too lazy to translate word for word:
VNR wird sehr wahscheinlich nicht funktionieren aufgrund dessen wie translation softwares arbeiten.
Würde allerdings vorschlagen komplett auf Übersetzungssoftware zu verzichten und schlichtweg aus dem Satz kontext zu übersetzen was bei nem beginner englisch level schon ausreichen sollte,zur not Wörter in google translate hämmern wenn nen Satz überhaupt keinen Sinn ergibt.
SS ist extrem simpel gehalten was seine Sprache angeht und bietet sich da für sowas gerade zu an.
Hilft nebenbei auch extrem die Sprache aufzuschnappen.
Indeed. Just tried it and doesn't work. I would follow Saraf's advice really.
Couldn't he use an OCR application like Capture2Text? With the press of a hotkey, ou select the desired text and the program copies that to the clipboard. Then you can paste it on a translator or use an automatic translation tool.

Nov 28, 2017
44k/month.. That's very big amount. I think DC is cheap, I bet he has same number of coders working for him as they did when he had 20k/month.

Are patreons unhappy ? Do they even express themselves? I guess they believe everything Devs tell them. I mean look at Dual Family, people throw money at him for doing nothing for 7 months.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Are patreons unhappy ? Do they even express themselves? I guess they believe everything Devs tell them. I mean look at Dual Family, people throw money at him for doing nothing for 7 months.
Well, they can actually see the important progress on stream almost daily and DC is quite good at communicating in general. Else that topic has been discussed quite a bit a few days ago in case you want to read about it further (like around page 1126 and so on).
Given that his income is stable with an upward tedency it seems ok to me right now, even though it's certainly true that the update should have been released quite a while ago. But I guess one can only judge once the update is released. Roxxy's update took just as long and was worth the additional days.

Reactions: E-Dog

Saraf

Mar 16, 2018
Couldn't he use an OCR application like Capture2Text? With the press of a hotkey, ou select the desired text and the program copies that to the clipboard. Then you can paste it on a translator or use an automatic translation tool.
Cant say I have much experience with OCR based applications,going purely by the concept it should work as long as you find one that plays nice with Renpy and that particular font.
Though without further hooking it up with a script that feeds the text directly into a translation program(or something web based which would require even more clicking...urgh)you are going to have a rather meh time constantly switching around the different applications.
That aside,yeah it should work.

4.00 star(s) 358 Votes