Laziness

Feb 14, 2018
I'd say you'll be disappointed with Diane's story in that case. At least I'd guess that it's going to be somewhat mandatory to complete her story. Everybody else should be optional though.
DC's said multiple times that he wants people to have the choice when it comes to that. Be the end, he'll probably patch in a bunch of 'cum outside' animations.

Reactions: Beatrix Kiddo

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
dc working on eve's sister right now, she's hot as fuck but i have no idea what he's going to do with her storywise
I heard a 3p, but not much beyond that.

:eazyHype::eazyHype::eazyHype:
Nov-09-2018_progress.jpg
:eazyHype::eazyHype::eazyHype:​

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
DC's said multiple times that he wants people to have the choice when it comes to that. Be the end, he'll probably patch in a bunch of 'cum outside' animations.
Yes, but "a choice" doesn't mean that you'll not miss any content. I'd agree that it very likely won't matter in any other case but for Diane it could happen that you'd actually miss an arc of her story, since as of now having a baby seems to be part of it. But yes, I could have phrased it a little better.

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
The last delay was caused because of the animator, not because of Dogeek. That's because I think it will be different this time.
Sure. When the teacher's update came out DC promised: "things will go smoother from now on; updates will come out faster".

0.14 came out on 21/10/2017
0.14.3 came out on 4/11/2017
0.14.5 came out on 20/12/2017
0.15 came out on 15/4/2018
0.16 came out on 25/7/2018
0.17 is coming out when God only knows (hopefully in 2 two weeks)

jimbouk

Jul 5, 2017
I refuse to believe that anyone doesn't see the obvious cash farm this has become. EA's loot crates aren't the only ridiculous way to exploit the public to maximise income.
The first 3 months of development of the game went from 0.1 to 0.8, from a pre-alpha with no content, no interface, to regular updates with multiple characters, locations, dialogue, scenes, options etc. and that regularity and size of update is how patreon exploded.

Paprika

Aug 14, 2017
You can see an obvious trend here from the beginning of this game: as he started to make more money he stalled even longer, which is a paradox, since more money should expedite the process, given more resources and people working on the game .
Of course, there's only one person drawing, but is evident how fast he was when he had the incentive to make more money at the beginning of the project
When people make too much money the overmilking begins.
DC only hears the sound of money, like most developers; reduce the cash flow and he will speed up things pronto.

Zero919

May 2, 2017
You guys's rhetoric comes down to "shut up, don't complain if you're not paying, let others pay for us".

It doesn't come out for free, someone somewhere has to pay for it. I payed for it.

I've already stopped giving him money cause he wasn't doing much with it, when someone tells me to not criticize SS it infuriates me.
Where is the criticism? they're talking about milking. what are you talking about? if a person has no patience he goes into chat yelling that DEV is milking them while you yourself allow themselves to do it and accuse others
if you don't pay(or pay), then what's the problem with just WAITING? all want the update out faster, but that is no reason to flood here about milking and other garbage.

L

leetitoldu

the closer to the release of the update the more people start to burn, it is necessary to cool down... Start rejoicing and enjoying the new content instead of turning this theme into a hot hell;)
yeah, i hope 45k $ per month will turn into really good update not like MGI when author is milking money from stupid supporters and giving nothing in return.

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
the closer to the release of the update the more people start to burn, it is necessary to cool down... Start rejoicing and enjoying the new content instead of turning this theme into a hot hell;)
I'd really like to know why in the world you refuse to face reality.

The truth is that when he got 10-15 thousand dollars monthly updates came out every 2 months.

When the teachers' update was stalling he explained that he was improving the code and whatever to get everything better (saving issue, bugs) and speeding up the work process. He was getting more than 30 thousand dollars then.

He's getting 45 thousand dollars monthly now, BUT it did not happen: he didn't solve the saves issue, he didn't speed up the work process, updates always take 4 months at least... BUT he decided that in order to improve the game he HAD to remake what he already had made: retouching some characters' design AND adding pointless random useless side characters.

For crying out loud, what was the point in that Kim character he added, for instance?

Beatrix Kiddo

Donor
Aug 25, 2016
Did poeple not like the teachers or Roxxy update? Because that's where we stand right now, and it's totally fine by me, even better than before when the updates where way smaller. And by the way, people complained even back then when updates took like month and a half. It's always the same.

It seems to me some people don't factor that back then the updates took less time, but also the content released was like half of what it does now, and the quality was also reasonably lower.

Jun 14, 2018
I think there's clearly a ton of quality work going into this game. It has the largest world of any game like this. It has more characters and more dialogue than any I've played. It has repeatable events that don't necessarily just feel like opening a menu. It's so ridiculously intuitive and enjoyable to play. The art is fantastic. There are so few games that achieve any single one of these things, but Saga has it all. Yet people still grouse about it.

Of course, this phenomena is not new. Alexis De Tocqueville observed in his "The Old Regime and the Revolution" that as France's early democracy began to take shape and as the people's quality of life steadily improved, smaller concerns began to fill a larger space in the national consciousness. In other words, as major problems dissolved, petty problems became the new major problems. Like a gas, problems will always fill the whole volume of the space they occupy. We can see this happening here, I think. Summertime Saga is a game with virtually no substantial problems to it. The only remaining problem with it is that it doesn't come out fast enough. And since this is the only problem, it is the largest problem imaginable to those who will complain.

In short, I have only this to say to people with their supposed hot takes about milking:

Ya basic. And ya boring. And history knows you're wrong to complain.

4.00 star(s) 358 Votes