Hero1

"I'm in the wrong place at the wrong time."
Donor
Sep 20, 2017
you can't compare the first updates he made with the ones that come out now, the mia/mrs johnson/sis update and the newer roxxy/teacher updates are worlds apart in terms of quality
That is the truth that most people screaming "DC is milking his Patrons" are willfully ignoring.
Yes, a ton of creators release monthly updates. But how much content gets added?
I 'd rather wait 4 months and play 2-3 (or more) hours of new (or heavily reworked) content than get 30-60 minutes of content every month.

On a side note: I personally see supporting a creator on Patreon more like "I like what you did so far, I give you money so you can continue doing what you do" than "Hey, I want more so I give you money. But now you owe me something!". But that's just my personal opinion.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
And by the way, people complained even back then when updates took like month and a half. It's always the same.

It seems to me some people don't factor that back then the updates took less time, but also the content released was like half of what it does now, and the quality was also reasonably lower.
That's indeed the whole point. Back then some people complained about unfinished stories, rather bad sex scenes and boring "buy-item-x-quests" - now that's fixed but others complain about release times. Somebody will just always be unhappy, that's how it is.

Zero919

May 2, 2017
Are you stupid? Is it so difficult to understand what he meant? He wasn't talking about milking the donators money but milking Diane (Hello: 0.17=Diane Update).
Omg. you think I don't know what he means?
my P.S. not related to his post, but was a continuation of my previous post. that's why I wrote the P.S.
and before you call anyone stupid, reread this page. maybe you'll understand something.

Reactions: TheDevian

N7Kryptonian

Jul 20, 2017
If someone paid for this game and is calling out DC for not using the money properly and taking too long then they should be allowed to. Who are you to tell them to shut up?
No one "paid" for this game. You don't have to pay to get access to it. Patreon is used like a donation, this isn't Kickstarter. The game was still going to be made with or without the support. Whether or not the support he had, made any influence for the extra content is a different story.

whosthatguy

Feb 25, 2018
That's indeed the whole point. Back then some people complained about unfinished stories, rather bad sex scenes and boring "buy-item-x-quests" - now that's fixed but others complain about release times. Somebody will just always be unhappy, that's how it is.
Can we go back to complaining about unfinished stories? Are we EVER going to find out what happened to dad, get revenge on the mobsters, save up money for education, find a date for the dance? (You know, the main goals, the tangible endgame?) I think we don't complain about this enough. :)

Laziness

Feb 14, 2018
I'd say we have to blame ourselves here. The main story has been included in basically every poll for ages and only made it close to the top when DC linked pregnancy to maria. It could have been long done if people would bother voting for it.
That and the update that makes saves compatible.
Decisions, decisions...

PatreonTed

Jun 3, 2017
You can see an obvious trend here from the beginning of this game: as he started to make more money he stalled even longer, which is a paradox, since more money should expedite the process, given more resources and people working on the game .
Of course, there's only one person drawing, but is evident how fast he was when he had the incentive to make more money at the beginning of the project
When people make too much money the overmilking begins.
DC only hears the sound of money, like most developers; reduce the cash flow and he will speed up things pronto.
I get pretty impatient with the spacing of the releases, four months is a pretty long time. But I really don't understand the milking comments. I guess if you want to complain about DC going back on his "things will go faster/smoother" comment, I understand. But DC streams the work live, so you can actually see the content being added, and each of these four month releases has had a HUGE amount of content, with the art/animation (and even writing) quality having shown significant quality improvement.

Jun 14, 2018
The "milking" comments are by idiots who only think that once SS is done that DC's Patreon will suddenly drop to nothing. The man has another game in pre-production already and I don't think he's planning on stopping anytime soon. My big complaint is that his team size is exactly the same at $45k that it was at $30k. Dogeek having a family emergency shouldn't stop production altogether, he really needs to bring on extra staff to pick up the slack.

Idk. Say you and another guy open up a hotdog stand. Things are going ok for a while and you're getting by. The hotdogs sell for a dollar a piece. Sometimes you have to close the shop because it's just the two of you and boiling hotdogs is hard work and it's nice to take a break once in a while.

Then one day people start insisting on paying you 45,000 dollars for the hotdogs even though you never asked for it. Huh, wow, that's nice. You don't turn down the money, because who in their right mind would. You feel like maybe you should make better hotdogs, so you serve them with mustard and relish now. (They were plain in an untoasted bun before and some of them had only 2 frames of animation for a sex scene with your aunt. In, out, in, out-- it was kind of underwhelming. But you got by.)

People are grateful for the mustard and relish for a while. They think, "What nice hot dogs, I'm so glad they exist." But then someone says, "Hey! This is bad! I want my hotdogs whenever I say because I have nothing better to do and I'm a dumb ugly poop eater. And you know what, these hotdog makers should turn down the enormous amounts of money that people are literally just handing them without any legal or ethical or moral contract that entitles them to anything beyond the rewards described by patreon for one month of patronage at a time. Also did I mention I'm dumb."

Nonetheless, you keep working and making the hotdogs really well, but it seems like poor judgement to expand your business based on people handing you money for no reason. You never know when that'll stop. So you keep it to just the two of you and sometimes you still like to take a break or deal with family stuff. Hopefully people will understand.

And then all of a sudden here we are on this forum and it turns out it was never really about hotdogs. Surprise! I was talking about the videogame. Tricked ya.

Jan 20, 2018
Idk. Say you and another guy open up a hotdog stand. Things are going ok for a while and you're getting by. The hotdogs sell for a dollar a piece. Sometimes you have to close the shop because it's just the two of you and boiling hotdogs is hard work and it's nice to take a break once in a while.

Then one day people start insisting on paying you 45,000 dollars for the hotdogs even though you never asked for it. Huh, wow, that's nice. You don't turn down the money, because who in their right mind would. You feel like maybe you should make better hotdogs, so you serve them with mustard and relish now. (They were plain in an untoasted bun before and some of them had only 2 frames of animation for a sex scene with your aunt. In, out, in, out-- it was kind of underwhelming. But you got by.)

People are grateful for the mustard and relish for a while. They think, "What nice hot dogs, I'm so glad they exist." But then someone says, "Hey! This is bad! I want my hotdogs whenever I say because I have nothing better to do and I'm a dumb ugly poop eater. And you know, what, these hotdog makers should turn down the enormous amounts of money that people are literally just handing them without any legal or ethical or moral contract that entitles them to anything beyond the rewards described by patreon for one month of patronage at a time. Also did I mention I'm dumb."

Nonetheless, you keep working and making the hotdogs really well, but it seems like poor judgement to expand your business based on people handing you money for no reason. You never know when that'll stop. So you keep it to just the two of you and sometimes you still like to take a break or deal with family stuff. Hopefully people will understand.

And then all of a sudden here we are on this forum and it turns out it was never really about hotdogs. Surprise! I was talking about the videogame. Tricked ya.
This

Beatrix Kiddo

Donor
Aug 25, 2016

People are grateful for the mustard and relish for a while. They think, "What nice hot dogs, I'm so glad they exist." But then someone says, "Hey! This is bad! I want my hotdogs whenever I say because I have nothing better to do and I'm a dumb ugly poop eater. And you know what, these hotdog makers should turn down the enormous amounts of money that people are literally just handing them without any legal or ethical or moral contract that entitles them to anything beyond the rewards described by patreon for one month of patronage at a time. Also did I mention I'm dumb."

You forgot about that time when the guy bought a bigger stand and took in another 2 guys to make nicer hotdogs. Apart from that, on point.

4.00 star(s) 358 Votes