Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
I'd say we have to blame ourselves here. The main story has been included in basically every poll for ages and only made it close to the top when DC linked pregnancy to maria. It could have been long done if people would bother voting for it.
I really wish there was a better way to link things us than what's going on right now. The way the votes are tallied, it really diminishes the game by how much it's segmented. Nothing is majorly (over 50%) popular and how I'd want it is that you have TWO polls to attain TWO popular themes that have majority support. Looking back, I'd choose Eve as a part of an update and the second most popular gets a bit of love too. Maybe not the entire thing, but that would give a much higher than 50% since that's mostly what the public wants.

Further, most people can't vote. Only the people that paid can. That changes the dynamic a bit. I wish there was a way to do better voting methods that got further support but it's just one of those things you have to sigh about as smaller parts need more representation.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I'd choose Eve as a part of an update and the second most popular gets a bit of love too. Maybe not the entire thing, but that would give a much higher than 50% since that's mostly what the public wants.
I'd say "a bit of love" is quite problematic since it'll lead to the old problem that updates make little sense or feel incomplete, like Mia's last update for example. At worst it would make the update schedule even longer which is probably unacceptable as well.

Further, most people can't vote. Only the people that paid can. That changes the dynamic a bit. I wish there was a way to do better voting methods that got further support but it's just one of those things you have to sigh about as smaller parts need more representation.
Well, there have to be some real benefits for patreons. The game is free and voting is one of the few things those who finance the game actually get for paying money.

Crawdaddy

Aug 26, 2017
@bossapplesauce You're the mod, so what you say goes, but personally I find it ludicrous that we go through the same bloody motions about a developer's economic model on a site that has nothing to do with said model. If people feel the need to complain, why do so in an entirely irrelevant location when they could go on Patreon and actually have an impact?

The Black Eyed Peas is playing the game too ? :FeelsGoodMan:

View attachment 176597
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Can't see it. I assume they used some sort of SS asset?

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
No question there's flaws with the approach. I just wish there were better ways to tabulate the score and create better incentives for everyone involved to have smaller niches given SOMETHING. Like, how long has Jenny been ignored then blindsided by Eric's gf? The teacher update made her more rounded but I'd still like to see other aspects given smaller nods.

Maybe the first and last could be combined to try to garner a fanbase around the smallest noticed parts which isn't a full on update. But that's just my frustrations with the process as it stands now.

@Crawdaddy some people won't ever be patreons though. So discussions are fine. But you'll merely see the same cycle as people are introduced, and repeat the same cycle of forum posts that makes the world go round.

ThePickler

Jul 1, 2017
DC already said on stream that they're going to try and get the QA done through the weekend; it'll most likely drop next week, either early if they didn't find many bugs, or late if it was buggy.

obibobi

May 10, 2017
I wish there was a way to do better voting methods that got further support but it's just one of those things you have to sigh about as smaller parts need more representation.
The voting system works fine, except for Eve winning, fuck did that happen?

If voting was open to the public it would discourage people from supporting and you would get some individuals making endless alts to push their fetish.

Reactions: Marzapane

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
I'm not even their patron and I still wouldn't want public voting. That's just asking for trouble.
Besides, there's only so many possible incentives for an adult project and I don't think seeing your name in the credits or silly patreon-only cheat codes are much of a draw.

Reactions: Iforgotthisis

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
The voting system works fine, except for Eve winning, fuck did that happen?

If voting was open to the public it would discourage people from supporting and you would get some individuals making endless alts to push their fetish.
That's certainly one possibility. The other is different votes because there's more people. So different things win besides Home characters. I don't have all the answers. Just pointing out there's other ways that voting may work.

Now if it's true that people that pay the most get more votes, then that's all kinds of fucked though. I like the idea of one person one vote, not money speaking more to certain interests.

ScottyLQ

Apr 28, 2017
I'm not even their patron and I still wouldn't want public voting. That's just asking for trouble.
Besides, there's only so many possible incentives for an adult project and I don't think seeing your name in the credits or silly patreon-only cheat codes are much of a draw.
Yep, allowing public voting is the absolute dumbest thing any creator with a good enough patreon following could do. Just look at what happened over at Chaotic's.

petur

Jul 29, 2017
The progress jumped to 96% since the last time i saw it, the posing is done and only the coding remains? Nice. Sooo... where are the people who laughed at me when i told them the game might come next week?

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Now if it's true that people that pay the most get more votes, then that's all kinds of fucked though. I like the idea of one person one vote, not money speaking more to certain interests.
Well, it's not about a greater good but about funding an adult game. Right now people who pledge $5 get one vote, those who pledge 10 get 2 and those who pledge 20 (or more) get 4. Else it's not like votes really matter that much. Ater all the votes only determine which content we'll get next but as long as DC doesn't show any signs of bad motivation/lazyness etc. it's safe to say that we'll get all the content in the end anyway.

PS: Just by the way, the people in the $5 tier have still more votes than those in $10 and $20 combined.

Reactions: MilkShank

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Funny how my post got removed cause I called out the people who were being too compliant, meanwhile those same people have 20 posts insulting others and they're not getting removed...

It's obvious there's a huge bias on this thread and calling anyone out for dick riding DC is a big nono.

Yay let's all be fake, not tell the truth and live in a wonderland where we praise DC.
Not to let the facts get in the way of a good story, but...

Your post was deleted for name-calling. There are countless other posts critical of DC still on this thread - including literally every other post you've made on the thread (which are your only posts on the entire forum) - that were not deleted.

Follow rules, posts stay. No follow rules, post deleted. That simple.

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
The progress jumped to 96% since the last time i saw it, the posing is done and only the coding remains? Nice. Sooo... where are the people who laughed at me when i told them the game might come next week?
Last task is bugfixing. Do you really think that it will take less than a week?

drayth06

Dec 28, 2016
J'ai lu dans un commentaire qu'il y avait toujours plus de 15 mises à jour. Actuellement, il y a 3 mises à jour par an. Cela signifierait attendre 5 ans pour la version finale. Donc d'ici 2023 ....
where did you see the thing about 15 updates (où as-tu vu le commentaire des 15 mises à jour)
PS: can you write in english next time as more people can help you that way (no offense).

Reactions: obiwan

TastySnickers

Aug 14, 2017
since I am out of the loop for a while, can you tell me if DC confirmed/mentioned anything about the succubus? Will it hit live with the Diane update or not?

4.00 star(s) 358 Votes