ReJoe

Jun 7, 2017
Most likely, they're making a bigger effort to interweave the storylines as they finalize characters. I always thought it was weird in the dinner scene how they'd both feel you up even if you'd never even started Diane's route, so I imagine that'll get some tweaks from Debbie's end as well.
I don't think that was dinner weird at all. Flirting under the table is a normal way to show sexual interest without anyone else at the table knowing. Haven't you ever played an I-Cest game before? Handjobs, footjobs and groping are all standard fare for these types of I-Cest and VN's.

The weirdest thing to happen in this game is Monster Girl. That came out of Left Field if you ask me. Everything else in this story is realistic but Monster Girl. I'm not complaining about her, just making an observation.

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
I'd say so as well. The only problem I see right now is that it'll make working, compatible savegames somewhat mandatory pretty soon. Until now replaying old stories was basically unnecessary (with some minor exceptions) so that it didn't really matter if you had to start the whole game again since you'd never have to replay that much content anyway, but as soon as they start adding connections it's going to be a real issue for once.
If anything, that'll make it even harder to carry over savegames. What if they make two storylines dependent on one another to intersect at the halfway point? Even worse, what if having a character's storyline complete would lock off new content for another character? They're building this thing with an eye towards having a fully-integrated game world rather than one that's built piece-meal.

I don't think that was dinner weird at all. Flirting under the table is a normal way to show sexual interest without anyone else at the table knowing. Haven't you ever played an I-Cest game before?
I meant from an in-universe perspective. Diane basically sticks her hand in your shorts, so if you had never visited her other than to weed the garden it'd feel kinda out of left field. Making the dinner dependent on getting through a certain portion of both Diane's and Debbie's storylines would make for a more cohesive narrative.

Reactions: Eavesdropz

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
What if they make two storylines dependent on one another to intersect at the halfway point? Even worse, what if having a character's storyline complete would lock off new content for another character? They're building this thing with an eye towards having a fully-integrated game world rather than one that's built piece-meal.
I'd actually say that we won't see fully interlinked stories which connect somewhere in the middle. I mean DC wants to remove the link between Jenny and Somrak's dex training for example. It's just somewhat bad game design which doesn't make that much sense anyway. I'd personally guess that those connections will always be about small additional scenes (like the threesome with Diane and Debbie or maybe a scene with Mrs. Ross and Mia, etc.) which aren't necessary to complete a character's story.

Of course they could create huge links (like linking Erik's story to Roxxy's via Dexter's bullying etc.) but I guess that's only going to cause troubles and frustration.

ReJoe

Jun 7, 2017
I understand what you're saying, but the Milfs in this story are just plain horny! (they haven't had cock in a long time). Debbie was the most work of course, but worth the wait.
I'm really looking forward to the refinements to the characters faces and bodies. I've only seen a couple of "preview-spoilers" but what I've seen looks great. Debbie and Diane (Judith, Rhonda, June and Annie, all the secondary characters actually) could use some "softening up" or... maybe makeover is a better word.
Now, I'm not complaining about Darkcookie's style, but considering how far he's come over the years, freshening up the characters is a great move.

Gguga12

Aug 12, 2016
I'd say so as well. The only problem I see right now is that it'll make working, compatible savegames somewhat mandatory pretty soon. Until now replaying old stories was basically unnecessary (with some minor exceptions) so that it didn't really matter if you had to start the whole game again since you'd never have to replay that much content anyway, but as soon as they start adding connections it's going to be a real issue for once.
Compatible saves are coming after the new sis update, that is why there was a poll that only those 2 were the options

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Compatible saves are coming after the new sis update, that is why there was a poll that only those 2 were the options
Sadly that's not really true. The update after Jenny will be for Eve and what's to come after that is going to be determined once Diane's update is released. Savegame compatability is linked to a rework of Erik's/Mrs. Johnson's story since that's the last bit of old code that has to be removed. So at best we'll get in ~9 months from now, posibly a little more.

Reactions: TheDevian

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
I understand what you're saying, but the Milfs in this story are just plain horny! Debbie was the most work of course, but worth the wait.
I'm really looking forward to the refinements to the characters faces and bodies. I've only seen a couple of "preview-spoilers" but what I've seen looks great. Debbie and Diane (Judith, Rhonda, June and Annie, all the secondary characters actually) could use some "softening up" or... maybe makeover is a better word.
Now, I'm not complaining about Darkcookie's style, but considering how far he's come over the years, freshening up the characters is a great move.
Haha, a good point. The horniness of the MILFs in SS definitely cannot be understated. XD

I was on the fence about the change in style since it felt like he went way too heavy on the lines, but I've come around to it slowly. The faces definitely needed an update, Jenny looked like a mid-30s meth addict in the old art. What's really interesting is some of the problems he cleans up by updating the artwork; he explained on stream that to make characters stand out from the backgrounds he had to put a kind of halo around their outlines, which he no longer needs in the new art.

Reactions: TheDevian

Gguga12

Aug 12, 2016
Sadly that's not really true. The update after Jenny will be for Eve and what's to come after that is going to be determined once Diane's update is released. Savegame compatability is linked to a rework of Erik's/Mrs. Johnson's story since that's the last bit of old code that has to be removed. So at best we'll get in ~9 months from now, posibly a little more.
No, Erik one was done in the new code or else dc would say in this

Why were there only two options?:

• Jenny and Diane are the last 2 characters which are on the old codebase and are causing issues in the game currently. Bringing them over to our new codebase will help solve a lot of bugs and reoccurring issues players have had. Having the entire game switched to the new codebase will also allow us to work towards making saved files compatible across versions, which has been one of the main complaints about SS so far.

Reactions: obiwan

Hero1

"I'm in the wrong place at the wrong time."
Donor
Sep 20, 2017

• Jenny and Diane are the last 2 characters which are on the old codebase and are causing issues in the game currently. Bringing them over to our new codebase will help solve a lot of bugs and reoccurring issues players have had. Having the entire game switched to the new codebase will also allow us to work towards making saved files compatible across versions, which has been one of the main complaints about SS so far.
He said "work towards", not that it would be definitively be happening with these two updates.

Besides, in the poll after he mentioned this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017

That's old news, sadly. I guess the plan was to rework Erik's story behind the scenes and I think Dogeek started working on it when he joined the team. But the last poll clearly stated that savegames will come with Erik's rework, And there hasn't been any other news since.

Gguga12

Aug 12, 2016
He said "work towards", not that it would be definitively be happening with these two updates.

Besides, in the poll after he mentioned this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That's old news, sadly. I guess the plan was to rework Erik's story behind the scenes and I think Dogeek started working on it when he joined the team. But the last poll clearly stated that savegames will come with Erik's rework, And there hasn't been any other news since.
Oh fuck, thank god Mia is not needed or else 1 year till compatible saves

Azrael2086

Nov 5, 2018
I'm running into two bugs that won't let me continue. First Judith tells me to meet her in the park in the afternoon to take pics before I can take the glasses but shes never there in the afternoon. Secondly in the principal's house I can see the key, but I can't interact with the desk. Any ideas?

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Oh fuck, thank god Mia is not needed or else 1 year till compatible saves
Yeah, even though I'd say that DC should invest the time/money and stick to the old plan you mentioned. In my opinion the best option would be to release 0.18.5 after Jenny's 0.18 update where they'd only change the code that's needed, introduce working savegames and maybe add a scene to Eriks story. It's certainly some additional work but it would benefit the game quite a bit. Waiting another year for savegames is somewhat painful, especially if they start to add more and more stories and scenes which depend on eachother. Sure, people are in it for the long run but not having savegames certainly leads to faster burnout if one actually has to replay that much.

Reactions: tankdick

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I'm running into two bugs that won't let me continue. First Judith tells me to meet her in the park in the afternoon to take pics before I can take the glasses but shes never there in the afternoon. Secondly in the principal's house I can see the key, but I can't interact with the desk. Any ideas?
The best way to avoid it is to not multitask, just do one quest at a time. The other thing that can bug it out is 'rolling back', so don't use that mod if you are.
Haven't heard of the key problem before, but it could be related I suppose.
Question here... which girls have pregnancy till now?
None. Diane will be the first of many.

Laziness

Feb 14, 2018
Since the poll specifically says which prospective updates don't have pregnancy, do you suppose that's what counts as the "extended" content in the Ms. Johnson update?

4.00 star(s) 358 Votes