TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Anything new stuff with the gloryhole lifeguard?
Part of Ronda's story, will be a long time.
do you really think that no one should complain about bugs until it's 100% finished? no one should complain about bugs before the FINAL beta release?!? are you totally out of your mind? :mad::mad::mad:
No, you should report bugs, but not complain about them, that is the difference. If it were a final release then sure, complain, but for something in alpha state, bugs are to be expected, report them and move on. Complaining makes it so no one cares about what you are saying, they just want to you stop. They are not going to listen to your criticisms when they are not constructive and filled with bile.
playing v17.1, the save ughh... i save after diane pregnant,
but the load back before diane pregnant!
do i need multiple save??
You need multiple saves for every game you ever play! Especially a buggy one like this. I save at almost every choice. At least once a day, minimum.
LGR said it crashed 15 times in 30 hours of play and his rig is state of the art.
Let's not forget the bait and switch for the canvas bags, and non stop crashes, bugs, and more.

Last edited:

RyanLion001

Aug 26, 2018
Anybody else getting the best friend/neighbor dude always saying they should be at school even on weekends. My game seems to be stuck in a lopp of needing to advance story lines but not letting me.

Last edited:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Anybody else getting the best friend/neighbor dude always saying they should be at school even on weekends. My game seems to be stuck in a lopp of needing to advance story lines but not letting me.
That's always been a little broken, but I guess he is not totally fixed. Being the last holdout on code, other than Jenny, his shit is the most fragile. but I haven't run into it yet myself with 17.1 on a clean save/install. Though I am still working on mom's path, before I start Jenny to train the AGI.

gv100

Nov 3, 2018
You need multiple saves for every game you ever play! Especially a buggy one like this. I save at almost every choice. At least once a day, minimum.
Even if you have multiple saves, loading any of them still brings you back to the barn.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Even if you have multiple saves, loading any of them still brings you back to the barn.
That's pretty strange, and you are not using any mods, cheats, or anything, like the rollback? So far, that is the only thing I have heard of that has been causing those issues other than using the old saves maybe.
That said, I haven't gotten to the pills yet, my first try got stuck at the 3P right after I got her pregnant, before we were aware of it yet.

Reactions: llong0415 and E-Dog
Dec 15, 2017
You know I was wondering about something. Every time there is an update to this game, I always for wait the incest patch to come out, because personally the game is not Summertime Saga without it. It is just a pale comparison. But I noticed it uses Ren'py as it's engine and there are several Ren'py games out there with incest content being censored. I also noticed that alot of these Ren'py games are able to have their full incest content restored with just one patch that works for all versions of the game. Now, I get that SS's code is probably more complicated than these other games, but it seems to me that once you do the patch for previous versions, it should translate over to the next versions. I can't imagine the dialog code changes that much from one version to the next, so the hard thing would be the artwork codes, because new artwork (i.e. items like locker note) would have to be changed with each new addition of those pieces. I will be frank, I am not a computer programmer by any means, and although I am decently tech savvy, writing code is way out of my wheelhouse. I just figured that restoring/changing the dialog to its original content would be alot easier codewise than the mods that someone like Ikaruga does. Could someone try to explain why it's more difficult to do an incest patch that works for all future updates to SS than other games that use the Ren'py engine? I know it's alot to ask, but it would be appreciated.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
You know I was wondering about something. Every time there is an update to this game, I always for wait the incest patch to come out, because personally the game is not Summertime Saga without it. It is just a pale comparison. But I noticed it uses Ren'py as it's engine and there are several Ren'py games out there with incest content being censored. I also noticed that alot of these Ren'py games are able to have their full incest content restored with just one patch that works for all versions of the game. Now, I get that SS's code is probably more complicated than these other games, but it seems to me that once you do the patch for previous versions, it should translate over to the next versions. I can't imagine the dialog code changes that much from one version to the next, so the hard thing would be the artwork codes, because new artwork (i.e. items like locker note) would have to be changed with each new addition of those pieces. I will be frank, I am not a computer programmer by any means, and although I am decently tech savvy, writing code is way out of my wheelhouse. I just figured that restoring/changing the dialog to its original content would be alot easier codewise than the mods that someone like Ikaruga does. Could someone try to explain why it's more difficult to do an incest patch that works for all future updates to SS than other games that use the Ren'py engine? I know it's alot to ask, but it would be appreciated.
It is due to the way it was coded (when he started he was just learning), where in the game, they used a code for each name, but this only has that partially implemented. But aside from there also needing to change, and who uses these names, and other nicknames, there is other dialogue, such as who was married to your dad, what relation he was to Jenny, and so on. A lot of the dialogue won't work with a simple word swap. Hopefully something like that will be doable once the last of the old code is gone, and it's more stabilized. The story would have to be written with that in mind though, coding each name/nickname into a variable, which would take a lot of work, and have to be done by the writer/coders.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
Read this thread -

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I know it's alot to ask, but it would be appreciated.
I think there are two different issues in play. The first is that some devs may have removed incest officially from their game but provide backdoors to restore it at their own risk. Nobody knows as to how viable that actually is and how much patreon would care if the biggest NSFW game on the platform would go down that route. It's a high risk to get banned and DC has decided against that option, so there's no hidden content in the game right now that could be easily unlocked by some kind of patch.

The second and big problem is, that SS actually tries to make some sense without incest. There are some games which basially keep their incest story and just remove some names which the player then can put back in. In that case the game is often almost "unplayable" without incest mod or at least in some parts somewhat rediculous. The drawback of that incest independent story is that you can't just replace some words anymore and that you'd actually need additional dialog and possibly even poses to make sense with incest.... and that's a lot of work, which is the problem at this point.

Last but not least it's important to see what until now there was basically no new incest content in SS and thus it was pretty easy to just restore the old "pre incest ban content". But now with 0.17 and 0.18 major changes happened in those old stories and adding back old content is no longer viable.

Last edited:

BadTime69

Sep 1, 2017
Anyone got a bad glitch on Android when I save the game while Diane is pregnant and exit when I reload that save game it brings me back to Diane inside her barn and she's not pregnant. It's the same no matter what location I saved at.

Reactions: rdblev

Derpatron

Aug 26, 2017
Anyone got a bad glitch on Android when I save the game while Diane is pregnant and exit when I reload that save game it brings me back to Diane inside her barn and she's not pregnant. It's the same no matter what location I saved at.
It's not just on android. Happens on PC too. Bug rolls back to before she was pregnant and you lose whatever progress you had between the pregnancy event starting and when she tells you she's pregnant. It happens no matter how many storylines you have going, whether you're on a fresh save, an overwritten one, using a mod/patch or a clean version.

So far that's the only issue i've had in 17.1, but seeing as dianne's part was the main focus of this version, its a pretty big one.

ssj4kakarott

Jun 1, 2018
Actually, no. No lawsuit is made towards Bethseda, just sable rattling on the internets... What was the last time you saw any such laswsuits against game companies bear any fruits what so ever? The only thing they can face liability for is their "power armor" edition release, had a cheap nylon bag, rather than a promised canvas bag.

I sunk soon 100 hours into F76, and faced a mere handful of bugs, which all a relog solved. Maybe people shouldn't try run things they really can't on their potato rigs :p Or buy a game expecting it to be something else than it was announced.
LGR said it crashed 15 times in 30 hours of play and his rig is state of the art.
BTW: forgot to mention the FTC is now investigating Bethesda, so yeah there also that too, along with the Migliaccio & Rathod class action lawsuit

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDevian

E-Dog

A pain in his girlfriend's ass
Donor
Apr 9, 2018
incest patch anywhere? DC i suggest to implement the incest the same o similar form than this if its possible:

Open the developer console by pressing Shift+O and type: set_special(True)

When properly patched, the title screen will show 'Taboo Edition'; if you didn't do it properly, it won't change, so double-check that the title screen changes (see below). You only have to do this once, the changes should be persistent and will carry over to new releases of the game.

I enjoy more of this game is when i play with incest patch ( Really sorry for my bad englis, i hope it understand well )
Incest will be returned once the game is finished and can be moved off of patreon. Dc has said that all year long.

gv100

Nov 3, 2018
That's pretty strange, and you are not using any mods, cheats, or anything, like the rollback? So far, that is the only thing I have heard of that has been causing those issues other than using the old saves maybe.
I don't know about the other users but I am playing the clean version of the game.

It's not just on android. Happens on PC too. Bug rolls back to before she was pregnant and you lose whatever progress you had between the pregnancy event starting and when she tells you she's pregnant. It happens no matter how many storylines you have going, whether you're on a fresh save, an overwritten one, using a mod/patch or a clean version.

So far that's the only issue i've had in 17.1, but seeing as dianne's part was the main focus of this version, its a pretty big one.
I still can't believe DC didn't fix this major bug in 17.1. I hope his patrons are watching this thread so they can notify him of this gamebreaking bug, at least it is a gamebreaking bug to those who are playing with saves.

Last edited:
Reactions: rdblev

E-Dog

A pain in his girlfriend's ass
Donor
Apr 9, 2018
I don't know about the other users but I am playing the clean version of the game.

I still can't believe DC didn't fix this major bug in 17.1. I hope his patrons are watching this thread so they can notify DC himself of this bug.
With all fairness. Switching to a new code base is gonna entail lots of bugs. Considering, there are multiple base codes in this game....and everyone complain in ng about length of time.
However, i would have just put off release for another week and addressed it.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes