j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
fucking whore, if u aren't finishing the game¿? i dont know you, i dont know if i can trust you, you did not finish any game, then why???
Why are you so focussed on finishing the game? SummertimeSaga for example is way bigger right now than anything ICSTOR ever made and of course DC could have cut back 60% of the characters/content planned and have the game done next month. Some Devs make really large and long games, others way shorter ones but therefore many of them. There's really no virtue in finishing something just to finish it. I personally know quite a few games which ended way too fast because devs wanted to move on to their next project ...

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Yes, that's correct. But at least in that case I can understand that one may complain about the really slow development speed, though Melody seems to be quite a nice alternative.
TBH, I like it a lot better myself, art, story, all of it, DMD was never one of my favorites. Only a few if the characters are even attractive, but in Melody, almost everyone is.
i understand you guys, u have patience, im sick of that , im waiting illusion games right now because koikatu was a crap that they shouldn't made and im in a space time where only i can do is complain about lazy devs , this world sucks in so many situations that i can't change, and one of these are the relation between a patreon and a dev, why should i give you money. fucking whore, if u aren't finishing the game¿? i dont know you, i dont know if i can trust you, you did not finish any game, then why???

maybe you will say that they have no time cuz their "real work" or because the lack in staf...the bullshit that always they say

well i m just liberating myself
Well, quality work takes time, there are a few, like Man of the House, who puts up an update every other week, but they are short, whereas here, he is trying to do a full story arc with each update. Not to mention, hand drawn art takes a lot longer than cgi renders. With CGI, once you have the models, you just need posing and rendering, with 2D, you have to draw almost every frame. This project did get slowed down this time due to losing one programmer and the main one having a death in the family, but they never stopped working.
Why are you so focussed on finishing the game? SummertimeSaga for example is way bigger right now than anything ICSTOR ever made and of course DC could have cut back 60% of the characters/content planned and have the game done next month. Some Devs make really large and long games, others way shorter ones but therefore many of them. There's really no virtue in finishing something just to finish it. I personally know quite a few games which ended way too fast because devs wanted to move on to their next project ...
That's how I feel about all of ICSTOR's older milfy games, they all cut off before the story was complete, dropped threads left and right in those games. I hope he doesn't do that this time.

drew

May 19, 2017
finishing games is how you get trust

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
finishing games is how you get trust
No. Releasing good and regular updates is how you gain trust. There's no point in finishing a game when the end doesn't fit or when there's obviously content left that was needed to make a good ending. I don't want to see for example SummertimeSaga or TheTwist ending now or anytime soon since it would be shit endings.

drew

May 19, 2017
TBH, I like it a lot better myself, art, story, all of it, DMD was never one of my favorites. Only a few if the characters are even attractive, but in Melody, almost everyone is.

Well, quality work takes time, there are a few, like Man of the House, who puts up an update every other week, but they are short, whereas here, he is trying to do a full story arc with each update. Not to mention, hand drawn art takes a lot longer than cgi renders. With CGI, once you have the models, you just need posing and rendering, with 2D, you have to draw almost every frame. This project did get slowed down this time due to losing one programmer and the main one having a death in the family, but they never stopped working.

bro if all games were easy to make all the idiots would make them

if u can t put an stop to a game you are useless as a dev

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
No. Releasing good and regular updates is how you gain trust. There's no point in finishing a game when the end doesn't fit or when there's obviously content left that was needed to make a good ending. I don't want to see for example SummertimeSaga or TheTwist ending now or anytime soon since it would be shit endings.
Exactly, Drew has it backwards, abandoning a game will cause you to lose trust, but but you don't need to finish one to gain it. In fact, finishing a game before it's done, it tantamount to abandoning in my opinion.
bro if all games were easy to make all the idiots would make them
if u can t put an stop to a game you are useless as a dev
Yes, it needs to have an end, but it needs to make sense, if you end it too soon, this it is worse, as I just said, you have effectively abandoned it.

drew

May 19, 2017

are you telling me that after 3 years a renpy game can't be finished without inconsistencies?? updating and making the game more big is a nice way for leave more things unfinished then gain more money... i see it that way

drew

May 19, 2017
for example, you like the game because is big , the dev adds new things each update, a lot of things, yeah , you played the game since first update, update by update you played, the time passed you played this game update by update for 3 years, then the dev leave the game, what will you do? that happened to me in the past. and i was a patreon

Reactions: Addy Da Daddy

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
are you telling me that after 3 years a renpy game can't be finished without inconsistencies?? updating and making the game more big is a nice way for leave more things unfinished then gain more money... i see it that way
The games don't finish because the ones who pay for it demand the content. What's so hard to understand about that? Of course more time means more content but therefore we get .. well... more content?! What's the problem with that? I like more scenes, more sex, more variety, bigger, better and deeper stories, etc.

At least I'm somewhat sick of starting new games of which many are just the same again and again. I mean it's not like there are that many new and creative concepts out there.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
It depends on the plot, and the size of the cast. If you just want a short, linear game, with just a few characters, sure, but if you have an open world, and the a full story for more than dozens of characters, then no, it takes longer than that. Good work take time.
for example, you like the game because is big , the dev adds new things each update, a lot of things, yeah , you played the game since first update, update by update you played, the time passed you played this game update by update for 3 years, then the dev leave the game, what will you do? that happened to me in the past. and i was a patreon
Just because you have abandonment issues, doesn't mean it affects every project. And if, by some twist of fate that DID happen here, I would consider myself lucky that I got to enjoy what I did of this great game. In fact, I am actually upset that he is working on finishing the main story in one of the next updates, I want to same that for last ...like a normal game.

drew

May 19, 2017
It depends on the plot, and the size of the cast. If you just want a short, linear game, with just a few characters, sure, but if you have an open world, and the a full story for more than dozens of characters, then no, it takes longer than that. Good work take time.

Just because you have abandonment issues, doesn't mean it affects every project. And if, by some twist of fate that DID happen here, I would consider myself lucky that I got to enjoy what I did of this great game. In fact, I am actually upset that he is working on finishing the main story in one of the next updates, I want to same that for last ...like a normal game.

i see, i can understand you guys do you know why can i understadn you?

because i watch One Piece.

no more comments.

Reactions: TheDevian

DrFog

Sep 18, 2018
No, we're talking about DC, seeing as how, ya know, you're in the Summertime Saga thread. :rolleyes:

Reactions: TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
i see, i can understand you guys do you know why can i understadn you?
because i watch One Piece.
no more comments.
Good one, still love that show, but I go and marathon it once or twice a year, too hard to keep up week by week. XD That is a great example though, as it started as a 5 year project, and here we are decades later. The fans loved it, the publisher loved it, so he kept adding to it, and adding to it.

Another thing to keep in mind here, was that when DC started this project, he was just an artist, and was playing around with Ren'Py to learn to program, just for fun, but people liked it, and kept asking him for more, and now we are here. XD

Feb 7, 2018
Bottom line: good art and good games take time. Personally, I think the bigger the better as far as this and any other good game goes. If you don't like it, go play finished games and don't pay them on Patreon.
In 3 years multiple games will be DONE while SS won't even pass version 1.0.

Bigger is better if there's a team and direction. DC seemingly has neither. He won't grow his team to meet demand despite his increase in income and all directions keep expanding without an end in sight.

DrFog

Sep 18, 2018
In 3 years multiple games will be DONE while SS won't even pass version 1.0.

Bigger is better if there's a team and direction. DC seemingly has neither. He won't grow his team to meet demand despite his increase in income and all directions keep expanding without an end in sight.
Call me crazy, but I don't really like it when good things come to an end. DC has a team, and he has direction. I agree, he could stand to hire some more help, but there would be a limit to how much faster it would go due to the fact that all the art is hand-drawn. If DC is still making this 3 years from now, then so be it. I'm in no rush to see the end.

Dec 15, 2017
you have to thanks bossapplesauce too, with his patch, he saved me a lot of time of texting.
So, I just finished alot of the "home" content (Mom, Sis, and Aunt) in the latest version using this patch you posted. It's not bad. If I would put a number to it, I would say it is about 70% accurate. I will say I did cheat a little bit, because I changed Debbie's name to Mom when prompted to change and did the same with Jenny (changed to Sis). That did correct some of the terminology, but also screwed up some (i.e.- Mrs. Johnson calling Debbie "Mom", instead of Debbie). I also had to mentally change some things, like Veronica calling Diane "Aunt Diane" a couple of times. All in all, not perfect, but does fix enough to make it playable. There were some error screens, but I hit ignore and was able to play through. The only major thing I noticed is after you go to the hospital to check both MC's and Diane's fertility, the weight lifting mini-game no longer works. Kevin will be at the machine, but when you click to use it, the MC acts like Kevin is not there. So, for anyone who plays and wants full stength built up make sure you do so before going to clinic to check fertility. Despite these issues, I was able to overlook them to keep playing. Others may not, and all I can say to that, is this may be the best mod we have for this version of the game. So if you want to play with at least some incest content, this has been the best effort I have seen so far. Once again thanks to those who did at least this much, it is better than nothing, and I truly appreciate it!

Reactions: DrFog
4.10 star(s) 359 Votes