TheShadow

Jul 18, 2017
OK when I see someone try and compare an indy sex game to the production of AAA titles for cost of production I can't just let it pass without saying BULLSHIT! this game is not anywhere near as complicated or as well produced as even an A grade title. 70% of the content is under construction as the never ending pop ups keep reminding us and more than half the characters have half or less of their content in place them getting 15k / month means three people are probably making a good living while they toss 1-2k/month at new content outsourced and spend two to three weeks each per update doing most of the rest themselves.
I think you completely mistook what I was saying! it had zero to do with is it right they make 15k/month? it was that the standard of producing this game vs a main stream A or better game are comparable or even close to the same.
this game as its going could just as easily be one person doing all the work and making 15k/month doing it a main stream game on the other hand has far more demanding production needs the graphics need to be original & on a whole other level to this kind of game the engine isn't a premade open source platform the audio will most likely be also need to be original work which brings in all the people needed to produce those aspects from scratch.

this game has a lot of work in it but its still an indy game and has the same advantages many do including many premade fundamental parts drastically reducing the need for original content beyond the games pics and animations.
yes someone has to make those as well as code the function of the game but in the whole scheme of things thats barely a fraction of what main stream games need to do<<<< and that was my objection!
First of all everyone know that this is not an AAA game not can be given a grade since it's not completed yet.
AAA stand for A lot of (Time, Money, Resources) to make and SELL over 1 million copy ( incase if you need to know, )

In summertime-saga, it's incomplete game that the creator have shown he is welling to keep working on this project with pretty good progress (assuming you are following up with the game changes) with the best resources he can get out of it FOR FREE, which mean if you find his spent WORK worth paying for, do it otherwise you can simply download the game without the need to complain why it's not complete.

I worked as project manager for mobile gaming, and even with how simple the game concept was, resources become more and more expensive when increase the quality to what you expect. I find DC game quality is fascinating since he is not doing as 70% of H-gaming industrial where he provide an image slide show and call it a game.

Not to mention when you relay on external freelancer people to have the job done (since DC is a designer) they will charge a lot regardless of how you think

Now Regards your opinion, i respect it however i can tell that you got no knowledge of IT industrial work and how does market run, one thing I'm sure about that out of the 15 maybe 2k are used for there daily life over the month while the rest are spent on getting a better quality materials from workers

letitbleed

Jun 8, 2017
First of all everyone know that this is not an AAA game not can be given a grade since it's not completed yet.
AAA stand for A lot of (Time, Money, Resources) to make and SELL over 1 million copy ( incase if you need to know, )

In summertime-saga, it's incomplete game that the creator have shown he is welling to keep working on this project with pretty good progress (assuming you are following up with the game changes) with the best resources he can get out of it FOR FREE, which mean if you find his spent WORK worth paying for, do it otherwise you can simply download the game without the need to complain why it's not complete.

I worked as project manager for mobile gaming, and even with how simple the game concept was, resources become more and more expensive when increase the quality to what you expect. I find DC game quality is fascinating since he is not doing as 70% of H-gaming industrial where he provide an image slide show and call it a game.

Not to mention when you relay on external freelancer people to have the job done (since DC is a designer) they will charge a lot regardless of how you think

Now Regards your opinion, i respect it however i can tell that you got no knowledge of IT industrial work and how does market run, one thing I'm sure about that out of the 15 maybe 2k are used for there daily life over the month while the rest are spent on getting a better quality materials from workers
for 1) you are full of shit when you assume I know nothing of the industry or how expensive any of its aspect are! (maybe if i wasn't in the middle of a 5 hr render while typing this I'd be more gracious about your stupidity)
2) you think that someone who is creating a game you enjoy has to be farming out ANY of it beyond the original creator and maybe a couple friends that shows you know jack shit and are again assuming something you don't actually know to be the case!
3) AAA titles for the most part start with budgets in the millions and lately the tens of millions to pay for ORIGINAL content none of that is true of SEX games the engine they use for the vast majority of games including this one are pre made and only take basic knowledge of variables to make function as a game. so the idea you try and put forth that they need to hire a butt load of outsourced help is a large pile of bullshit in an attempt to defend your position that a good sex game is some complicated industry heavy accomplishment when in reality its more likely a VERY small crew of dedicated developers busting their butts doing all of it themselves.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pyjak Slayer
Sep 16, 2016
Sister [FIRSTNAME] is how you address a nun, like a title. So Sister Angelica is not Mia's sister, that's just her name.

Altho I wouldn't bre surprised if she ends up being Mia's aunt.
Lol I´m just dumb, and didn´t even realized/remember that nuns are called sisters xD (Almost like preachers are called Father) I just read the comment in a stupid way and assumed Mia/Nun were sisters (silly me :( ) Thanks for clarifying.

Pyjak Slayer

Donor
Jun 5, 2017
not working.........
Can you try to walk me through on what you did. And more specifically, when and where it went wrong? I've tried this file on multiple Ren'py games, all made with different versions of Ren'py, and they all work. Including Summertime Saga.

Gabe Ritz

Jun 11, 2017
Can you try to walk me through on what you did. And more specifically, when and where it went wrong? I've tried this file on multiple Ren'py games, all made with different versions of Ren'py, and they all work. Including Summertime Saga.
I tried it and I couldn't get it to work. I put depack.rpa in the games folder
It kept coming up with this error:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

Before loading the script.
Exception: Couldn't find file '._scripts.rpi'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\Gabe\Documents\SummertimeSaga-0.12.70-win\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 290, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\Gabe\Documents\SummertimeSaga-0.12.70-win\renpy\main.py", line 300, in main
renpy.loader.index_archives()
File "C:\Users\Alxcote\Desktop\renpy-6.99.12.2-sdk\renpy\loader.py", line 163, in index_archives
File "C:\Users\Alxcote\Desktop\renpy-6.99.12.2-sdk\renpy\loader.py", line 615, in transfn
Exception: Couldn't find file '._scripts.rpi'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.2.2029

Reactions: czrdrv

Dustellar

Aug 22, 2016
does that mean I'll get to fuck arrogant principle soon?
Nope, Principal isn't a teacher... her update will be alongside Annie (trap? :p ) and all that ritual thing, if you want to bang her then vote for her in Patreon, with luck she will be part of 0.16 but it will be difficult, she have to compete against Rhonda/lifeguard, Judith/Latinas, Roxxy/her friends/Dexter, EVE! etc

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
Really enjoying this so far. Didn't like the art at first, but it grew on me once the kinky shit started. Anyone know how to read the sister's diary? I think I may have cheated my way past that event and now I can't trigger it.

cumtoo

Jun 24, 2017
followed instructions you gave, after saving file in game folder ,started the game but can't find unpack file.

TheShadow

Jul 18, 2017
for 1) you are full of shit when you assume I know nothing of the industry or how expensive any of its aspect are! (maybe if i wasn't in the middle of a 5 hr render while typing this I'd be more gracious about your stupidity)
2) you think that someone who is creating a game you enjoy has to be farming out ANY of it beyond the original creator and maybe a couple friends that shows you know jack shit and are again assuming something you don't actually know to be the case!
3) AAA titles for the most part start with budgets in the millions and lately the tens of millions to pay for ORIGINAL content none of that is true of SEX games the engine they use for the vast majority of games including this one are pre made and only take basic knowledge of variables to make function as a game. so the idea you try and put forth that they need to hire a butt load of outsourced help is a large pile of bullshit in an attempt to defend your position that a good sex game is some complicated industry heavy accomplishment when in reality its more likely a VERY small crew of dedicated developers busting their butts doing all of it themselves.
It's clearly that you like to keep talking shit and insult in the same time without giving anything useful information for this thread (I get used to your kind a lot at work)
1) If you are kind of people who accept $6 in hour, that's your problem as many people who have a good background in there field will ask for more)

2) It's not me or you who decide that dumbass, it's simply the people who are already payed at patreon cause they believe it worth the money. So saying that it's only available between original creator and some of friends clearly make you have no idea what a hell you are talking about.

3) Good that you have read the wiki before you post. However you are still contradict your self as many AAA game they usually use 3ed party materials or engine such as (UE4, Unity, CryEngine.. etc), so blaming them for using an exist engine and optimist it to be in great is not something everyone is able to

So basically there is no point of me keep replying to your useless posts as i dont feel like to get ban cause of a non-sense argument that will lead us to no where

Not sure if anyone has posted on how to extract the .rpa file with all the images and what not. And I know some people have tried using their extractors and get the same error every time. So if someone has posted a legitimate solution, sorry, but there are 138 pages worth of posts, I'm not going to go through all of that.

For people who are interested in extracting .rpa's. At least Summertime Saga's .rpa, then this is for you.

1. Put the file called "depack.rpy" in the "game" folder inside the game's main directory.

2. Start the game while the file is inside said "game" folder.

3. Depending on the size of the game/.rpa file/the amount of .rpa files, this may take a few seconds, or up to a few minutes. So give it some time to finish extracting. You'll know it's finished when the game finally starts.

4. Exit the game after it starts. Go back to the game's main directory, and you should see a folder called "unpacked". Open it up and, walla, you have your extracted images.

Note - I highly suggest removing the "depack.rpy" file from the "game" folder after you've extracted your .rpa file(s). As every time you start the game, you risk making a duplicate of the already extracted images, thus increasing the time it takes to start the game.
This is bit too long for extracting the game contents !!
I got my own tool that can extract it in few sec however i dont want to share it publicly in the thread to not make any trouble, if you need it PM me

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 358 Votes