IGP

Jul 2, 2017
When the barn built is finished,annie father will give you a half structure of figure,investigate that thing,for 2 new achievement,i dunno since i stop playing after 17.1 version,hey if you kind enough can you give me your save for 17.5 version,the save front page doesnt work for me
I'm giving you the game update 17.5. tks for replying.

HandRyck

Aug 15, 2018
hei guys, i dont know this question already asked or not.. i save my game at day 110 but when i load that save, i just get rollback to day 61..( Nb : i not using my old saves)

can you help me? (sorry for my bad english :D )

thx

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
You are using 0.17.1 and Pregnax pills? They are bugged. Don't use the pills or update to 0.17.5

obibobi

May 10, 2017
Holy crap! I only just got around to playing 17.5, since a proper incest patch wasn't released until yesterday, but this update is amazing!

Why the hell were so many people disappointed when it just came out? It had me expecting the worst, but this was even better than the Roxxy update, and almost as good as the Debbie one.

Perhaps there weren't a lot of completely new scenes, but the revised ones worked so much better this time around that they actually felt like new scenes to me.

I haven't played all the way to the end yet, so I haven't even gotten to the scene that I've been eagerly awaiting the past few months, but this is already one of my favorite updates ever! :D
I played 17, haven't hot around to playing 17.5.

17 was a terrible update, the Roxxy scene offered a lot in terms of story and build up, let alone scenes, it greatly built upon the world.

Given that this update took over 4 months, of course it was going to be compared to the Roxxy update and it was embarrassingly shallow. The aunt should have been heavily established, instead she's just as dull as ever and how rushed the pregnancy was leaves you feeling cold. As I've said in a review I posted before, having a child should have been a life changing event, the developer put more effort into the writing of Roxxy passing an exam than he put into a childs birth, she was just left on the couch.

Now unless 17.5 has made some colossal changes and he left out a great deal of content for that, 17 has no excuse for how shit it was, at least the last hugely disappointing update was around the patreon incident, which he should see about changing, not even for the whole incest thing, it clearly looks like Patreon are moving to get rid of all adult content for financial reasons.

Reactions: Sync and sregi

rommeltje

Feb 13, 2017
I played 17, haven't hot around to playing 17.5.

17 was a terrible update, the Roxxy scene offered a lot in terms of story and build up, let alone scenes, it greatly built upon the world.

Given that this update took over 4 months, of course it was going to be compared to the Roxxy update and it was embarrassingly shallow. The aunt should have been heavily established, instead she's just as dull as ever and how rushed the pregnancy was leaves you feeling cold. As I've said in a review I posted before, having a child should have been a life changing event, the developer put more effort into the writing of Roxxy passing an exam than he put into a childs birth, she was just left on the couch.

Now unless 17.5 has made some colossal changes and he left out a great deal of content for that, 17 has no excuse for how shit it was, at least the last hugely disappointing update was around the patreon incident, which he should see about changing, not even for the whole incest thing, it clearly looks like Patreon are moving to get rid of all adult content for financial reasons.
Well, maybe that's the difference. I couldn't give two shits about the pregnancy feature. I did it, but just in case it would trigger something good. I'm glad it didn't have any impact, and that I could get rid of it by waiting a few weeks (especially easy once you get the beach house).

I came to this game for the incest (not for inbreeding, mind you), and Diane has been my favorite character from the start (tied with Debbie). The buildup of the incest storyline is what this update did very well, in my opinion.

So, no, I don't think you'll enjoy 17.5 any more than you did 17. But I sure loved it.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I agree to a point. It is still a great game, but the teacher and Roxxy update were epic compared to the Diane update. He even cut a scene out, and the new story is just a slightly changed setting with the pregnancy addition. Also, it opened up more threads then it closed (Consuela, Lucy, Maria, Micoe, Prija, Veronica). And the next update is focusing on Jenny, where DC already hinted on deleting several scenes.

Let's hope that the long delay was due to DC figuring out how to do the changes he plans, so that we will see the next update sooner, and without loosing too much content. But it's still one of the best games around, even so.

Redi

May 9, 2017
Is there working save file for the 17.5? I copied the one from the front page and paste it onside game folder save file, and in the app/renpy/summertimesaga but it wont work.

Automata

Apr 10, 2017
I agree to a point. It is still a great game, but the teacher and Roxxy update were epic compared to the Diane update. He even cut a scene out, and the new story is just a slightly changed setting with the pregnancy addition. Also, it opened up more threads then it closed (Consuela, Lucy, Maria, Micoe, Prija, Veronica). And the next update is focusing on Jenny, where DC already hinted on deleting several scenes.

Let's hope that the long delay was due to DC figuring out how to do the changes he plans, so that we will see the next update sooner, and without loosing too much content. But it's still one of the best games around, even so.
He hinted at deleting scenes not reworking them? Do you know which ones?

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
He hinted at deleting scenes not reworking them? Do you know which ones?
As of now that the nightly scene in Jenny's bed will be removed. Else it's very likely going to be a very heavy rework which will change a lot of her story, so we don't know how things will look once it's done.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
As of now that the nightly scene in Jenny's bed will be removed. Else it's very likely going to be a very heavy rework which will change a lot of her story, so we don't know how things will look once it's done.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I didn't even know you could sneak into her bed until way later because the game doesn't really beat you over the head with it like with Mom.

On a different note, what with the news about Patreon and all. Any plans on DCs front in that regard?
Might be a good time to start looking for an alternative if the last time wasn't already a good time.

4Finger

Engaged Member
Nov 24, 2016
The pills you got from the labratory at the hospital... Are the still crashing the save's?????

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
On a different note, what with the news about Patreon and all. Any plans on DCs front in that regard?
Might be a good time to start looking for an alternative if the last time wasn't already a good time.
No, basically because there aren't any viable and workable alternatives. When it comes to patreon and NSFW stuff/games not much happened. They did crack down on especially incest and similiar content at the start of the year but since then there have been no further incidents. So I'd guess there's no real reason at the moment to change anything.

Hero1

"I'm in the wrong place at the wrong time."
Donor
Sep 20, 2017
The pills you got from the labratory at the hospital... Are the still crashing the save's?????
No, that was fixed in 0.17.5.
The only thing affecting the savegames is looking at the first part of the statue in your inventory:
Answering a more commonly asked question : what's new? Well, as you can see in the changelog, a number of bugs have been fixed. There's one remaining concerning the statue piece. If you look at it, your progress will not be saved properly. Well, it is a bit more complicated than that, but that's the gist of it, so don't look at it from your backpack. I fixed it on the dev build but that fix will ship with 0.18 in a few months.

Cerebusds

Nov 8, 2017
Hi I Get an error just after the MC wakes up and it doesn't show the dressing scene / check phone also seems to have disabled the shower scenes :-
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.
While running game code:
File "game/scripts/locations/home/entrance/hallway/bedroom/bedroom.rpy", line 182, in <module>
File "game/scripts/core/core.rpy", line 63, in Sleep
File "game/scripts/core/systems/game.rpy", line 93, in sleep
TypeError: list indices must be integers, not Event_Queue
-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------
Full traceback:
File "scripts/locations/home/entrance/hallway/bedroom/bedroom.rpyc", line 87, in script call
File "scripts/locations/home/entrance/hallway/bedroom/dialogue.rpyc", line 1840, in script call
File "scripts/locations/home/entrance/hallway/hallway.rpyc", line 72, in script call
File "scripts/locations/home/entrance/hallway/bedroom/bedroom.rpyc", line 182, in script
File "F:\New folder (2)\New folder\SummertimeSaga-0-17-5-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-17-5-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "F:\New folder (2)\New folder\SummertimeSaga-0-17-5-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-17-5-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "game/scripts/locations/home/entrance/hallway/bedroom/bedroom.rpy", line 182, in <module>
File "game/scripts/core/core.rpy", line 63, in Sleep
File "game/scripts/core/systems/game.rpy", line 93, in sleep
TypeError: list indices must be integers, not Event_Queue
Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
SummertimeSaga 0.17.5
Mon Dec 24 13:30:38 2018

madecant

Nov 3, 2018
Can anyone tell me the purpose of the web cam you can buy at the store, I see no use for it or am I missing something?

TS2016

May 7, 2017
Can anyone tell me the purpose of the web cam you can buy at the store, I see no use for it or am I missing something?
Used to be for two quests for librarian to get the books you needed to do homework back in older versions up to v15 or 16.
Might be put back in use when DC update Mrs Smith story with cult that happened in school at night. (not sure if it is still in the game)
Back then you had to install camera in the locker room for librarian at night. That when you discovered secret cult happening at school at night.

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
No, basically because there aren't any viable and workable alternatives. When it comes to patreon and NSFW stuff/games not much happened. They did crack down on especially incest and similiar content at the start of the year but since then there have been no further incidents. So I'd guess there's no real reason at the moment to change anything.
Yeah at the moment, that might change in the near future. Slippery slope and all.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes