jowishg

Yare yare dawa (ง •̀_•́)ง
Donor
May 6, 2018
Well tbh it's a very cool game, the art is amazing and the overall atmosphere too. I think a lot of people agree on that.

They're just saying that considering the amount of money they make, the team could be bigger, which will benefit the development speed. They're not judging the game ITSELF, just that creating few h-scenes plus a messy code in four months is kind of ridiculous when you think about it.

randymagnum

Jun 29, 2018
I love SS. I also love Milfy City. Two games that are notorious for long stretches of time in between updates (especially now with Icstor taking a break). I understand that this is just the process with these games. I can’t be too upset because I am not a patron and I am able to simply be patient. There are other high quality games out there to play in the meantime. Unless you are a patron, it’s just not that serious. There is no reason to go full neckbeard and reeeeeee-out because a game you likely haven’t contributed to takes a lot of time in between updates.

Reactions: amit2050

PatreonTed

Jun 3, 2017
Well, in that case there's no right way. The streams are an essential part of what DC offers and many people follow them. That again means that he at least tries to find a balance between really boring stuff (like drawing poses for 2 hours) and things which are somwhat entertaining. So there'll always be something done which maybe won't fit 100% right now, but that's fun to watch. I mean, if DC would want to optimize everything to the last possible degree, he'd probably have to stop streaming all together. In the end it's again a compromise between those who really follow those streams on one hand and those who really just want to play the game on the other.
I think the stream is a big reason why DC has been able to maintain the high levels of Patreon donations despite having a rather ponderous release speed. Obviously the art and game is great, but the stream lets people interact with DC, and I don't know of other games that have that level of connection to the creators.

Reactions: Vibescu
Jan 24, 2019
I'll never get geeks who vocalize this stuff. Just unpledge and move on. Plenty of h-games to play/give money to.
Managing a project this size (excluding the legal/financial side) is on the same intellectual level as putting on your underwear before your pants and after you take a shower. There's nothing "geek" about it. People have been telling this for years and he still refuses to learn anything at all.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Managing a project this size (excluding the legal/financial side) is about the same as putting on your underwear before your pants and after you take a shower. There's nothing "geek" about it. People have been telling this for years and he still refuses to learn anything at all.
The argument still doesn't get better. The essential part of the game is DC's art and you certainly wouldn't want your favorite singer to hire another, slightly different singer just so that he can release 40 instead of 20 songs per year. If DC doesn't want to compromise on his vision of the game/way of working and refuses to work with any artist who doesn't 100% fit his liking, it's really his right to do so. People/Patreons may criticize that but they certainly have no right to actually demand those changes. If there's too much money, all that will happen is that people unpledge until the amont of money is fitting again. That's how it works.

DC has made up his mind about poject development/size, just in a different way some people would like to see.

2xjj

Aug 5, 2016
It's not that serious...
But yeah, I'm pretty sure Boyk is just trying to make the point that some people are mad like them. It's a point made a million times but I valid point.
Of course the answer is to stop playing the game but...
I think he is just trolling because early he was trying to DC an artist

Reactions: BoykaBoykov

Jackie123

May 2, 2018
DC does not exactly Tell when the new versions gonna drop at their last percentages right? Somebody with a good Connection to him should try to ask him that in a sneaky way^^

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
Yeah I don't get it either. Instead of bitching with words you got to vote with your wallet, but I wager some of them are hypocrites in that way that they clearly want to be able to post shit there instead of neing smart and just unpledge, but can't stir up shit if you can't post, can you?
Think of this as similar to review bombing. People are trying to convince other people to impose an economic strike on DC until he speeds up production. It's supposed to show public support of disdain for how much the game is going slow.

The problem is that you have the choice of other games, it's highly ineffective (in this circumstance) and only does more to antagonize the people you're trying to pull into supporting your position.

Now look, I'm a free supporter. But I've heard this stuff and understand the struggle of devs in this space and don't try to misunderstand their positions. I understand the frustration with DC and personally, I've missed the last update since I'm choosing to save it for this next one coming up.

I get it. I just don't agree that this tactic is good since the negatives outweigh the positives as it stands.

Reactions: Beatrix Kiddo

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
If people are so upset by the longer update times, the way to communicate that is definitely not commenting on his patreon, which you pay him for. "Im mad at you, so I pay you my money each month to tell you how mad i am".

If you are so mad about it, drop your patronship and become a lowly pirate like the rest of us ;)

Ravenger6660

Sep 14, 2017
Question?
The cat you adopt in the game [pussy-willow]. Are you planning something like cow-girl and mermaid, in "witch" you have to do some bizarre ritual/experiment to transform the cat into a cat-girl?
Something new for Halloween ; )

PS. Some people prefer dogs instead of cats too .

BoykaBoykov

Feb 2, 2018
"Oh no, I've realized I'm not actually part of the project or DC's team and thus have zero authority and was wrong. I know, I'll stick it to him by meaninglessly posting complaints to a thread where people play the free game for free"

Have fun with that.

Damn this logic:

So i need to be part of the republican party to criticize Trump ?
I need to be part of FC Barcelona to criticize Messi ?
I need to be part of Microsoft to criticize Bill Gates ?

giphy (2).gif

Makes perfect sense...

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes