Arap12

Aug 15, 2017
Actually I wanted to release yesterday but a few things remain to be ironed out (maybe tonight if QA wraps up?).

But if you prefer, I was just waiting for the shekels :whistle:

We added something to soften up Jenny in 18.5 (for those who want all the feels from every girl). The other user who replied to your comment was right, though. We do try to make each character different from one another. The intention is not to make each female character fall madly in love with the main character. We want different levels of attractions to keep the stories somewhat fresh and interesting. I'm always open to constructive criticism and if you have serious feedback on improving the stories (and game in general) you can dm me on our Discord server.
Nice, DC replied to me, so lucky that i've got your attention : P .
If you try to make someone "different", the writing is vital, in this case Jenny isn't progressing, she's stuck at the "bitchy" stage, it's not appealing to many people except for cruel femdom and masochists.
The point of Jenny (if i caught it) it's that she's tsundere about MC's dick and after that she starts falling for him, right?

The classic tsundere type (most beloved) has a slow transition where once past the "climax event" it acts like a dere (only that they act spiteful if they get jealous or angry)

Keeping a girl a "bitch" it's not really good writing, especially if you just show that she cares only about money, so add more moments where she's gentle and caring, that way we know that Jenny's just a big tsundere in denial instead of a abusive bitch.
Like "Isn't kissing me what you wanted the most, you pervert?"
Or late stage when confessing "I know i'm a lot to handle, player, but i don't want to lose you" "You're not just a pervert, but MY pervert"
It's character progression, to show that the character in question is more than a stereotype representation.
Flesh her out with a bit of goodness, and this way Jenny will waaay more appealing.
Just saying, your game, your rules.
But as a big Jenny fan, i really hope you take my suggestion in consideration

Arap12

Aug 15, 2017
You know, most people would say that the most appealing thing in this game is that each girl is different.

But, hey, I bet your comment made DC regret not to have asked your opinion before he wrote Jenny's story...
Yeah, when a character is one dimensional it's different, especially when they act like a character archeotype with no attempts at changing the initial character.

But who am i to think that it's my opinion that i'm entitled to have without having someone judge it.

Reactions: APPLEFORADAM1

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Yeah, when a character is one dimensional it's different, especially when they act like a character archeotype with no attempts at changing the initial character.

But who am i to think that it's my opinion that i'm entitled to have without having someone judge it.
Well, you made the maestro come out in the open, so I guess I have to thank you for it.

DarkCookie

Summertime Saga
Game Developer
Sep 4, 2018
Who the trap tho?
Wouldn't you like to know :geek:

If you try to make someone "different", the writing is vital, in this case Jenny isn't progressing, she's stuck at the "bitchy" stage, it's not appealing to many people except for cruel femdom and masochists.
The point of Jenny (if i caught it) it's that she's tsundere about MC's dick and after that she starts falling for him, right?

The classic tsundere type (most beloved) has a slow transition where once past the "climax event" it acts like a dere (only that they act spiteful if they get jealous or angry)

Keeping a girl a "bitch" it's not really good writing, especially if you just show that she cares only about money, so add more moments where she's gentle and caring, that way we know that Jenny's just a big tsundere in denial instead of a abusive bitch.
Or late stage when confessing "I know i'm a lot to handle, player, but i don't want to lose you" "You're not just a pervert, but MY pervert"
It's character progression, to show that the character in question is more than a stereotype representation.
Flesh her out with a bit of goodness, and this way Jenny will waaay more appealing.
Thanks! I'll talk to Sploosh and see what can be done with Jenny in the long run in terms of story polish. (y)

I don't actually expect an answer to these, but its worth a shot. Are you happy with were the game is at currently in regards to how fast content is being pushed out? If you can, how much do you estimate progress will sped up once you and your team are done re-working the models for the new system, and the code?
Yeah, I'm happy with the current speed. People tend to forget how long old updates actually took to make, how little content was in them and how rushed the art/animations were. I'd say we're the fastest we've ever been, all things considered (art reworks among other things). Animation was a bit of a backlog but I recently added another freelance animator to help with that. The only way to further speed up the update development would be a skilled general 2D artist who could do all that I'm doing (Same style, same speed) to double the art output. I simply haven't found someone who fits that role. I also added a 2nd part-time Coder to help but it's not what the development needs the most.

We're making progress with save file compatibility as well, which hopefully will be rolled out in the coming updates. Oh, and we're preparing a website feature that allows Patrons to make official translated versions of our releases, but that's a whole other topic.

Okay, see ya guys in 4 months, Too-Da-Loo!

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017

As DC mentioned, he's softening her in 18.5. So let's see what happens. Also, it might be better to DM him on discord.

Personally, watching her transgressions in 18.0, I see SIMILAR things going on to Roxxy, but it's going a different direction. I just haven't seen the options of tsun and dere explored so I'm a little lost on that.

Meridian

Jan 24, 2018
Like a lot of people already said, bitchy Jenny is good but only if we can turn the tables on her sometimes and keep it two way street. In 0.18 couch/shower/webcam scenes were changed and we lost opportunities like that and ended up being a passive loser who is always on receiving end of abuse. I hope 0.18.5 will fix that.

Reactions: Arap12

kimjongew

Nov 25, 2017
10/10 girls that bite you are the best.
It's all fun and games until the disease sets in or your shit gets chopped off because of flesh eating bacteria. :unsure:

Welp, four months is what I expected, though to be fair I also expected .19 to be started in April. My initial estimate of .20 being finished by New Years might have been too generous. No biggie though, I've resolved myself already to wait until 0.20 drops to give the game another go.

sadmax

Jun 17, 2017
a reverse trap is a woman who dresses like a man and is somewhat masculine in appearance.
So you want an ugly/masculine woman???? There's already coach bridget (looks like a goddamned man) I'd settle for a tomboy at this point. Hopefully when the gay sex comes it's from a feminine looking guy and not kevin (remodel at some point maybe?).

dkatryl

May 26, 2018
Im not sure how much of the complaints with regards to jenny are a bit exaggerated or those people just picked the "stay silent" choices.

If you picked the options where he rebukes her, while he lets some of her little petty bitchings slide, the important ones he calls her out on and doesnt take her shit.

Either way, looking forward to the finished 18.5, and the restoration of the night time bed scene. I hope it retains the spirit of the original, and is just a quality improvement.

However, considering that, for instance, the night time couch scene where MC pounces on jenny was changed to her offering (even saying please! :p) im expecting a change to the bed scene.

We'll see, soon enough.

cavaemon

May 29, 2018
a reverse trap is a woman who dresses like a man and is somewhat masculine in appearance.
So you want an ugly/masculine woman???? There's already coach bridget (looks like a goddamned man) I'd settle for a tomboy at this point. Hopefully when the gay sex comes it's from a feminine looking guy and not kevin (remodel at some point maybe?).
the better (waaaay better idea) idea is TOMBOY... for those not sure what the opposite would be its TOMGIRL. however its not if always a fugly girl or guy its based on appealing factor... some look good without make up others meh and others GEH...

mecha_froggy

Oct 17, 2018
i wonder if there are still people now who think dc is just trolling and eve is the trap
We already have a seen where Eve gets drunk and flashes her boobs at the MC. Therefore, sorry, Eve can't be a trap. A trap, by definition, is just a super-successful drag-queen (see movie "The Crying Game") who fools the other person (who is usually straight) so completely that they don't realize that the "hot chick" is actually a gay man in drag until either the pants or shirt comes off, revealing a penis and lack of breasts, respectively.

A futanari - which I suspect is what a lot of people are getting confused with - is a whole different creature entirely. Now you're talking about an actual hermaphrodite, which can manifest as both having breasts and a penis at the same time. And while some games do indeed play futas as traps (ie T.I.T.S.), the good games do not. This is because Futa, as a fetish, generally operates right out in the open and avoids the whole "bait & switch" method that defines the trap fetish.

ZaIgo

Aug 7, 2017
We already have a seen where Eve gets drunk and flashes her boobs at the MC. Therefore, sorry, Eve can't be a trap. A trap, by definition, is just a super-successful drag-queen (see movie "The Crying Game") who fools the other person (who is usually straight) so completely that they don't realize that the "hot chick" is actually a gay man in drag until either the pants or shirt comes off, revealing a penis and lack of breasts, respectively.

A futanari - which I suspect is what a lot of people are getting confused with - is a whole different creature entirely. Now you're talking about an actual hermaphrodite, which can manifest as both having breasts and a penis at the same time. And while some games do indeed play futas as traps (ie T.I.T.S.), the good games do not. This is because Futa, as a fetish, generally operates right out in the open and avoids the whole "bait & switch" method that defines the trap fetish.

View attachment 314947
Not to mention futas have both vagina and penis.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes