BuddyNemo68

Apr 25, 2018
Every time there is a new update, I start playing the game from the beginning again -- you never know when a small change will be slipped in -- and every time I find that I just want the MC to smack the taste out of Jenny's, Annie's, Coach Bridgette's, and Ronda's mouths. His dad just died and the Coach wants him to do push ups. Annie accuses him of just skipping a months worth of school. Ronda is just being a bitch. So is Jenny, but she apparently can't help it.

I liked this update, but I like them all. Anything to expand the game universe just a little. Content wise I think we were all collectively spoiled by the Roxy update, and its going to be tough for DC and the gang to top that one. This update is more along the lines of the Mia update. Solid, introduces a few new characters and a few new locations. Nothing too earth shattering. Not everything can be a statue that was broken into three pieces that eventually becomes an actual cow-girl.

ScottyLQ

Apr 28, 2017
Man I used to have no problem replaying this game... But by now it just feels like too much work. Not to mention that if I skip through it I might lock myself into a bug like last time, or the one before that. And the final 'bugless' version won't come out till about a month or two...

It's just too much.

Dec 15, 2017
So, I'll do this once because anyone coming to the defense of this game is not arguing in good faith.

Perspective:
- Creator makes $60k a month off this game from Patreon.
- Works on the art solo since launch Aug 2016 + staff for coding added the past year.
- Since launch in Aug 2016, made $1mil in 3 years. The update schedule 'stabilised' to how it is, every 3-5 months, 2 years ago. Taking longer despite making more money, 'not a grift' lol.

1) The creator has total control over how the money is spent. Pocketing it and taking longer to release updates is grifting the system.
2) I'm sure the $60k a month in Patreon money has nothing to do with it.
3) If we're talking 4-5 months between updates the past 2 years and the game released at 0.1 when the Patreon went up, that's an update every month for the first year then slowing to once every 4ish months once over $15k a month was rolling in. 'not grifting'
4) Artists stream for free all the time, what king of a justification even is this? Sharing your process with fans isn't a luxury, it's a smart way to connect with fans and get valuable feedback/constructive criticism FOR FREE.

If this isn't a grift, what has the creator done different since establishing the update schedule 2 years ago? The monthly has quadrupled, so if you can't update any faster... maybe start another game? Make use of the fans money instead of pocketing it with nothing to show for it.

Complaining is my kink, stop shaming.

It's 100% a grift, the update model hasn't changed in 2 years and the income since has quadrupled. The payment system is not at fault, the creator has the responsibility to spend the money and has chosen to simply pocket it all. This is up to the Patreon's to reward/punish, and clearly horny is getting in the way of punishment. Guess the creator doesn't have much of a conscience regarding the situation either. In this case, Patreon forcing audits would be the only solution.

1) And? That's not an excuse to pocket all the extra income since the update schedule was made firm 2 years ago.
2) All developers do this, and they don't expect anything extra for it.
3) That kind of time waste to replace an animator is 100% on the creator, you should expect better and not parrot that as a legit excuse.
4) Better than twitter, here's some other 18+ game devs you can look up and check yourself:
- Siren's Domain has two game's in development making ~4k each a month with staggered updates, providing an update every month combined. Does the art for one, employ's ScarletAnn for the other, both animated and gameplay all updates.
- Heaven Studios does one game making ~$3.5k a month, updates once every two months. Employs multiple artists, CG with lots of transitions and variations, new gameplay each update.
- Gunsmoke Games, known for Something Unlimited, makes $14k a month, update every two months. Solo effort for the art, extra staff for updating the game to a new engine whilst still providing new updates, sporadic animations but consistent CG and gamplay each update.

It also goes without saying all those devs up above provide bug fix updates and half-updates when content is delayed. Literally nothing different from this game, or any other game you can find on F95.

That gets to the crux of the issue. The creator of SS is doing nothing for all the extra money coming in, same way a pyramid scheme rewards the person at the top the most for doing absolutely nothing past starting the scheme in the first place.

Hopefully at some point Patreon will be required to audit projects so there is some semblance of transparency where the money is actually going, so runaway grift's like SS can be reigned in. Because based upon the response from some users here, Patreon's aren't likely to demand accountability for SS anytime soon.
Everything you have just said is the reason why I stopped supporting DC. Unfortunately, it took me until 0.18's delayed release to realize what was going on, but I finally woke up to the reality of the situation. The one good thing that came out of this was that now I have more scrutiny in who I support and less patience for those developers that start to show signs of milking their supporters for money. That's really all I have to say, because unfortunately there will be staunch defenders of these tactics, and they will not be able to be shown otherwise.

Aug 18, 2019
My only complaint so far is that Eve, on her transgender route, has a slightly above average package. Being that she is 19 at the oldest, and cannot get breast implants until 25, means she was on HRT since about 12 or 13. Her package, at the largest, would be about the size of her thumb, fully erect, and balls about the size of grapes. The size in-game would be in ratio with having the MC have a 24in dick. - - It's nice to even have the option, but super unrealistic :(

lo0u

Jun 26, 2018
My only complaint so far is that Eve, on her transgender route, has a slightly above average package. Being that she is 19 at the oldest, and cannot get breast implants until 25, means she was on HRT since about 12 or 13. Her package, at the largest, would be about the size of her thumb, fully erect, and balls about the size of grapes. The size in-game would be in ratio with having the MC have a 24in dick. - - It's nice to even have the option, but super unrealistic :(
That makes a lot of sense. I wish DC changed it, but I don't know if that'll happen.

Reactions: jkalsdjaldaskldj

Paulthecat

May 19, 2017
When the endings start getting developed I'd like to request some thought going into a MC/Eve/Roxxy ending please.

This is a great game and I can see there has been some serious though into the character paths and I appreciate the effort.

Reactions: Mastershake

dante86

Jun 30, 2018
definitely the route of Ms. Dewitt's or is done before eve's or I don't know why I had her pregnant and I had the kid after a week and nothing, until I did all the rap battles and the same thing remains the only thing is that if you speak another once with them the battles are re-started and the wiki is not updated only the eve part

Reactions: Sheknowsaboutyou

Paulthecat

May 19, 2017
Bug: Exception error
When going to the stall in bathroom causes an error some dialog and then an error that dumps the player to a seemingly random location inducing school locker and comic shop * 2.
Save attached.

Looks to have been fixed in patch

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2018
Theres a bug with the bathroom stall in the Consum-R Mall, when you go there you get a "error exception" message that makes it so that you can only ignore it or quit the game.

If you ignore the message the game pushes you forward in the story and forces you into a scene of Erik and his online friends standing in line for a pic with the wrestler woman which also leads to you getting a mask cosplay item.

EDIT: I did not see the message before me lol, I was typing my message out on the homepage.

timepants

God of Time (and Pants)
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
Whereas the MC's dick being the size of his entire torso is totally realistic.

Rain01

Mar 18, 2018
Hey guys, I tried this again and noticed that some scenes have normal looking faces for the main character and his family. The biggest reason I disliked it before is because those cheek lines make them look like meth addicts. Does anyone know if the art's being updated to make their faces more normal? I saw that one of the mods does this on some art, though I haven't Died it since it's for a previous version.

4.00 star(s) 358 Votes