PatreonTed

Jun 3, 2017
So, I'll do this once because anyone coming to the defense of this game is not arguing in good faith.
What is this? It's like you're saying that no one else has a valid opinion or can talk about what you're saying even when you're flat out wrong/lying?

Perspective:
- Creator makes $60k a month off this game from Patreon.
Sure. As of yesterday monthly total hit $60K which is the first time they've come close to that amount. Through this development cycle for 19.0, all the previous months were low to mid $50Ks. Which is a shit ton of money, most everyone agrees.

- Works on the art solo since launch Aug 2016 + staff for coding added the past year.
They've had staff for dialogue, art, coding, with more than one person in these roles since at least version 10.0. This hasn't been a one man show for a very long time.

- Since launch in Aug 2016, made $1mil in 3 years.
Yeah they've collected Patreon "fees" of a million $ since launch. As per above, this is a lot of money.

The update schedule 'stabilised' to how it is, every 3-5 months, 2 years ago. Taking longer despite making more money, 'not a grift' lol.
This is certainly misrepresentation on your part. Releases 11.0 and 11.6 took 9 weeks, 12.1 and 12.6 took 11 weeks, 13.1 took 8 weeks, and 14.1 and 14.3 took 9 weeks. All of these releases were half the size or less than the ones we have gotten since, and were worse in quality (mostly due to improved animations, but there were other improvements). When they started working on 15.0 they announced they were going to make the development cycles twice as long, but at the same time release twice as much content. This was obvious right off the bat, as the teacher update was massive compared to previous individual updates. Can you tell me how working at the same pace, yet more efficient, is grifting?

1) The creator has total control over how the money is spent. Pocketing it and taking longer to release updates is grifting the system.
I don't know if you misread my comment or are being willfully obtuse with your response. I said Patreon creators have no control on how much money comes in, I didn't say anything about not how they spend it. There's no caps on Patreon donations as far as I know. What are you expecting from them? "Oh, we've reached 2000 Patreons now, we don't want your money anymore."

It's like they are street buskers playing music in a subway, they just take whatever money people are dropping in their bucket and keep on playing their music. The only difference is the scale.

2) I'm sure the $60k a month in Patreon money has nothing to do with it.
It was free Month 1 when they made $343, and it's been free every month since, so it's pretty clear that how much money they are given each month had nothing to do with them releasing it for free.

3) If we're talking 4-5 months between updates the past 2 years and the game released at 0.1 when the Patreon went up, that's an update every month for the first year then slowing to once every 4ish months once over $15k a month was rolling in. 'not grifting'
Again, see my comment above. They've increased the length of time between releases, but also increased the amount of content. In the end, we're getting the same ratio of content as before, and arguably better quality.

4) Artists stream for free all the time, what king of a justification even is this? Sharing your process with fans isn't a luxury, it's a smart way to connect with fans and get valuable feedback/constructive criticism FOR FREE.
When I said you could literally watch the artist work, it was a reference to the transparency of the work process. You can literally see the speed at which he works, and by virtue of him doing it most days of the week, you can see that it's not like DC is sitting around twiddling his thumbs.

If this isn't a grift, what has the creator done different since establishing the update schedule 2 years ago? The monthly has quadrupled, so if you can't update any faster... maybe start another game? Make use of the fans money instead of pocketing it with nothing to show for it.
That doesn't make any sense. Just because the month $ have increased, it doesn't mean he can draw any faster. Sure the dialogue writer, the posers and the coders can work on other games, but how is that useful when there's no art for the game.

It's 100% a grift, the update model hasn't changed in 2 years and the income since has quadrupled. The payment system is not at fault, the creator has the responsibility to spend the money and has chosen to simply pocket it all. This is up to the Patreon's to reward/punish, and clearly horny is getting in the way of punishment. Guess the creator doesn't have much of a conscience regarding the situation either. In this case, Patreon forcing audits would be the only solution.
What's this responsibility you refer to? They had a bunch of "stretch goals" and as far as I know when each of the levels was met, they hired at least one new person:

$10,000 goal (Music and coding)
$15,000 goal (Extra Help Lvl 1)
$20,000 goal (Extra Help Lvl 2)
$25,000 goal (Extra Help Lvl 3)

DC also even followed through of the $30,000 goal which was to do one of his streams nude. He did it one night while wearing a rubber horse head.

That gets to the crux of the issue. The creator of SS is doing nothing for all the extra money coming in, same way a pyramid scheme rewards the person at the top the most for doing absolutely nothing past starting the scheme in the first place.
FFS, you clearly don't understand what a pyramid scheme is. Each layer in a pyramid scheme makes money off the larger base below it. Outside of DC, who is making money off SS besides him and his EEs? I sure as fuck am not making money off the game. Are you?

Hopefully at some point Patreon will be required to audit projects so there is some semblance of transparency where the money is actually going, so runaway grift's like SS can be reigned in. Because based upon the response from some users here, Patreon's aren't likely to demand accountability for SS anytime soon.
After they cleaned up the incest, they aren't breaking any Patreon rules, so why on Earth would Patreon audit them?? Here's Patreon's TOS link, feel free to bring up any items that SS is not adhering to.

Sothyr

May 26, 2019
So, I'll do this once because anyone coming to the defense of this game is not arguing in good faith.

Perspective:
- Creator makes $60k a month off this game from Patreon.
- Works on the art solo since launch Aug 2016 + staff for coding added the past year.
- Since launch in Aug 2016, made $1mil in 3 years. The update schedule 'stabilised' to how it is, every 3-5 months, 2 years ago. Taking longer despite making more money, 'not a grift' lol.

1) The creator has total control over how the money is spent. Pocketing it and taking longer to release updates is grifting the system.
2) I'm sure the $60k a month in Patreon money has nothing to do with it.
3) If we're talking 4-5 months between updates the past 2 years and the game released at 0.1 when the Patreon went up, that's an update every month for the first year then slowing to once every 4ish months once over $15k a month was rolling in. 'not grifting'
4) Artists stream for free all the time, what king of a justification even is this? Sharing your process with fans isn't a luxury, it's a smart way to connect with fans and get valuable feedback/constructive criticism FOR FREE.

If this isn't a grift, what has the creator done different since establishing the update schedule 2 years ago? The monthly has quadrupled, so if you can't update any faster... maybe start another game? Make use of the fans money instead of pocketing it with nothing to show for it.

Complaining is my kink, stop shaming.

It's 100% a grift, the update model hasn't changed in 2 years and the income since has quadrupled. The payment system is not at fault, the creator has the responsibility to spend the money and has chosen to simply pocket it all. This is up to the Patreon's to reward/punish, and clearly horny is getting in the way of punishment. Guess the creator doesn't have much of a conscience regarding the situation either. In this case, Patreon forcing audits would be the only solution.

1) And? That's not an excuse to pocket all the extra income since the update schedule was made firm 2 years ago.
2) All developers do this, and they don't expect anything extra for it.
3) That kind of time waste to replace an animator is 100% on the creator, you should expect better and not parrot that as a legit excuse.
4) Better than twitter, here's some other 18+ game devs you can look up and check yourself:
- Siren's Domain has two game's in development making ~4k each a month with staggered updates, providing an update every month combined. Does the art for one, employ's ScarletAnn for the other, both animated and gameplay all updates.
- Heaven Studios does one game making ~$3.5k a month, updates once every two months. Employs multiple artists, CG with lots of transitions and variations, new gameplay each update.
- Gunsmoke Games, known for Something Unlimited, makes $14k a month, update every two months. Solo effort for the art, extra staff for updating the game to a new engine whilst still providing new updates, sporadic animations but consistent CG and gamplay each update.

It also goes without saying all those devs up above provide bug fix updates and half-updates when content is delayed. Literally nothing different from this game, or any other game you can find on F95.

That gets to the crux of the issue. The creator of SS is doing nothing for all the extra money coming in, same way a pyramid scheme rewards the person at the top the most for doing absolutely nothing past starting the scheme in the first place.

Hopefully at some point Patreon will be required to audit projects so there is some semblance of transparency where the money is actually going, so runaway grift's like SS can be reigned in. Because based upon the response from some users here, Patreon's aren't likely to demand accountability for SS anytime soon.
It is not wrong what you wrote. I only think that the maker has the right to pocket as much money as he can. He need to live from it. If he can get rich from it even better. It is living a dream.

It is a fantastic game. But also a big game already. With to many characters and open stories to do the graphics only by one person makes the developmet far to slow.

---------------------------

Beside this, I saw Eve and I like the visual changes. I'm only sad that the 3 rappers are idiots, now. I thought they are friends of Eve.

I would love to see most of the naughty mod integrated to the vanilla game. :)

tatomcm80

Jul 18, 2019
Thanks for the update, but when I just did yoga with Anna, I back to my room with fast travel and I go to the kitchen (I used incest patch and Diane was pregnant) appears this error:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'characters/diane/buttons/character_diane_nightgown_water__pregnant_bump.png'>:
IOError: Couldn't find file 'characters/diane/buttons/character_diane_nightgown_water__pregnant_bump.png'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "scripts/core/user_interface/cellphone/labels.rpyc", line 13, in script call
File "scripts/locks/01global_lock_check.rpyc", line 61, in script call
File "scripts/locations/home/entrance/entrance.rpyc", line 185, in script call
File "scripts/locations/home/home.rpyc", line 59, in script call
File "scripts/locations/map/map.rpyc", line 15, in script call
File "scripts/locations/bank/bank.rpyc", line 6, in script call
File "scripts/locations/bank/bank.rpyc", line 6, in script call
File "scripts/locations/home/entrance/kitchen/kitchen.rpyc", line 92, in script call
File "scripts/locations/home/entrance/kitchen/dialogues.rpyc", line 1807, in script
File "G:\GameZ\Games\Renpy\SummertimeSaga-0-19-1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 706, in execute
renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
File "G:\GameZ\Games\Renpy\SummertimeSaga-0-19-1-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1336, in say
who(what, *args, **kwargs)
File "G:\GameZ\Games\Renpy\SummertimeSaga-0-19-1-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1139, in __call__
self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, **display_args)
File "G:\GameZ\Games\Renpy\SummertimeSaga-0-19-1-pc\renpy\character.py", line 842, in do_display
**display_args)
File "G:\GameZ\Games\Renpy\SummertimeSaga-0-19-1-pc\renpy\character.py", line 591, in display_say
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "G:\GameZ\Games\Renpy\SummertimeSaga-0-19-1-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 295, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "G:\GameZ\Games\Renpy\SummertimeSaga-0-19-1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2699, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "G:\GameZ\Games\Renpy\SummertimeSaga-0-19-1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3191, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "G:\GameZ\Games\Renpy\SummertimeSaga-0-19-1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2091, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "render.pyx", line 546, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
File "render.pyx", line 247, in renpy.display.render.render
File "G:\GameZ\Games\Renpy\SummertimeSaga-0-19-1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
File "render.pyx", line 154, in renpy.display.render.render
File "G:\GameZ\Games\Renpy\SummertimeSaga-0-19-1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
File "G:\GameZ\Games\Renpy\SummertimeSaga-0-19-1-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 675, in render
child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
File "G:\GameZ\Games\Renpy\SummertimeSaga-0-19-1-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 763, in render
rv = super(Button, self).render(width, height, st, at)
File "G:\GameZ\Games\Renpy\SummertimeSaga-0-19-1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1127, in render
st, at)
File "G:\GameZ\Games\Renpy\SummertimeSaga-0-19-1-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 584, in render
return cache.get(self, render=True)
File "G:\GameZ\Games\Renpy\SummertimeSaga-0-19-1-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
surf = image.load()
File "G:\GameZ\Games\Renpy\SummertimeSaga-0-19-1-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 629, in load
surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
File "G:\GameZ\Games\Renpy\SummertimeSaga-0-19-1-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'characters/diane/buttons/character_diane_nightgown_water__pregnant_bump.png'.

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
SummertimeSaga 0.19.1
Sat Oct 19 08:51:55 2019

Bass101

Nov 21, 2018
anyone else get the bug where the guy T or whatever his name is doesnt appear at the tattoo parlor party odette throws?
keep going to odette she says to go downstairs, try to open the door to their house says i need to go upstairs, went to the garage and hes no where to be found. basically stuck

edit: and then upon updating to 19.1 all npcs have vanished from party, odette, grace, and no sign of the T guy, sad boy moment cause no save prior for like 20 days
Same thing here

Reactions: dboy203

SHADILAY

May 4, 2017
Lul i just helped erics mom with yoga shits and i got stuck af in the gym, when you try to leave it says bruh, it night gym closed, even though you just did the yoga lesson lmfao
and this wasn't the only time this happened, but i was high af and i forgot

walrus13

Nov 6, 2017
I would like to point out for the "grift" complainer, yes the dev gets 61k a month
from his patreons, who can clearly see what he gets monthly by the way, and still
have ample opportunity to cancel at any time should they feel slighted or cheated.
Obviously 23k plus patreons believe it is worth the money to donate, which by the
way, works out to $2.61 per person, per month... oh the horror lol

Qmil679

Q / Motherlover
Donor
Mar 13, 2019
With Odette and Grace from this update, you can have sex and can they get pregnant?

Sothyr

May 26, 2019
There is a continuity issue if you go to the mall early. After the first school day I checked the shop because of the computer part and the cinema. Direct after it started the Pink Cyclone event and the MC is thinking about getting the mask for Leia's cam shows. Not sure if someone is here to report this to the DC.

dordicle

Feb 24, 2019
the changelog said something about accessing Debbie's bank account but how do i do that? the options for Accounts isn't clickable in my bank

Itaque

Aug 15, 2017
It's been a long time that I wait for an update for Eve. I really wanted to see what the develloper would do with her...and i'm very very pleased ! This character is almost perfect ! Emotion is present and the storie is very good writed. And the choice you have to made at one moment ! No spoil but I think it's one a the best the develloper could create !

I have one regret, one point that for me, ruin a little the immersion, it's the end. I think the different scene (and pose) are a little rushed over., without real implication or character developpement. But its a small point when compared to the rest of the story so well...

4.00 star(s) 358 Votes