j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Whats the deal with Kevin? Is there going to be a route for him eventually?
In short, nobody really knows right now. In the past DC wanted a small route for Kevin, but since he basically got 0% in the polls he was in (two polls, I think?) it looks like DC changed his mind, at least for now. That said, he said quite a few times that he'd still like to work on Kevin, so I'd guess there's still a chance at some point. I'm personally hoping for a small Consuela like update but who knows, given that he'd need quite a bit of story to actually make it somewhat realistic, it would probably take quite a bit longer.

phoenixman123

Feb 10, 2019
This may have already been posted but has anyone found a pretty serious bug where they can’t load or save a game without causing a crash? Using 19.5 and this hasn’t been an issue before.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
This may have already been posted but has anyone found a pretty serious bug where they can’t load or save a game without causing a crash? Using 19.5 and this hasn’t been an issue before.
Without more details, nobody can help. Are all saves affected? Attach a save here. Do you use mods?

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
The dev just might apeal to someone elses fetish, and you'll drop support?
I would not go so far, but it has been a straight game from the start. I am not comfortable with differently orientated people hijacking my favourite game. (St)Eve was as far as I want to tolerate, but only because it was optional. And well-written, as usual.

Evans15

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2017
I would not go so far, but it has been a straight game from the start. I am not comfortable with differently orientated people hijacking my favourite game. (St)Eve was as far as I want to tolerate, but only because it was optional. And well-written, as usual.
Plus it is his money, he can use it howerver he wants. It isn't like DC just take a month to release an update, the guy would waste money on something that isn't appealing to him.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Well, DC will have realized that trend of people really disliking that kind of content, too, which is why the whole Kevin thing is "on hold". I mean, it's obvious that gay content will have a very small fanbase and unlike other fetishes, some people actually really can't stand it. While that may not be 100% reasonable, it's certainly true.

Yet, even though people complain at times, he seems to have quite a good sense of what most people actually want. He recently mentioned that we may even get a pregnant sex scene for Maria this update, which is certainly something that wasn't planned before. So for Kevin to happen, there probably has to be some movement in the patreon base.

Reactions: Gasanvar and Big-T

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
Well, DC will have realized that trend of people really disliking that kind of content, too, which is why the whole Kevin thing is "on hold". I mean, it's obvious that gay content will have a very small fanbase and unlike other fetishes, some people actually really can't stand it. While that may not be 100% reasonable, it's certainly true.

Yet, even though people complain at times, he seems to have quite a good sense of what most people actually want. He recently mentioned that we may even get a pregnant sex scene for Maria this update, which is certainly something that wasn't planned before. So for Kevin to happen, there probably has to be some movement in the patreon base.
Not my hill to die on, certainly, but Kevin comes off as a well rounded character that isn't the stereotypical camp gay most people know and at least willing to back MC up in a few situations with Eric being more of a "down for whatever" type friend.

Personally, I don't invest money into the game, I invest time into it. That'd be something I skip just because it doesn't appeal to me. Then again, with all the other girls and Eve (both types) in the game, I have fun with that over gay.

Who am I to kink shame?

I fap to traps.

gunderson

Aug 17, 2016
The dev just might apeal to someone elses fetish, and you'll drop support?
What's so strange about that? As a patron, you're supporting DC's development time. If DC is spending three months exclusively developing content that makes the game less enjoyable for you rather than more, why are you under an obligation to continue supporting it during that time?

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
[...]
I fap to traps.
I guess traps are usually rather female (especially Eve, who technically isn't even what one would usually call a trap) while Kevin is pretty masculin and I don't see how anything female would involved in his story. That's certainly a bit of a difference. I mean, I'd certainly play it and I would like to see it for the game's sake, but it's not like Eve or even, let's say Danny's content in TaffyTales where I'd look forward to it because it still seems erotic to me. I'd consider myself quite open but in the end sexual orientation is nothing you can change as easy as a simple "kink".

But yeah, it'll depend on DC's time and mood - as basically always.

mattius77

May 16, 2017
While the gay stuff isn't my jam, this type of conversation really cracks me up.

Fuck - and impregnate - your biological Mother, Aunt and Sister: Perfectly fine and acceptable, no worries, situation normal.
Fuck mythical sea creatures and fuck/impregnate cow-girl brithed from a statue: Yup, nothing to see here, what's the fuss.
Fuck a male peer as part of a healthy and normal relationship: DEATH TO YOU, DEV!

I'm not interested in kink-shaming, but where people draw their lines can be pretty arbitrary and goofy.

omarsayed

Jan 16, 2018

god dam that will b epic if we have a pregnant sex scene for Maria ;D

pls you have any idea if he was just joking as always
or he really is thinking about it ??

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
pls you have any idea if he was just joking as always
or he really is thinking about it ??
To me it sounded somewhat serious, give the way he brought it up. I think it was in thursday's stream? As far as I recall someone brought up pregnant sex in general and he said somelike: Yes, for Maria, just wait, it'll be good (I'm very, very broadly paraphrasing) but he didn't follow up on it. I mean, I'm following him for quite some time now and to me it didn't feel like an obvious joke which he makes at times but I didn't follow the whole discussion that closely. So I'd say it's not impossible, but far from certain. And given how he managed to keep (St)Eve a secret we likely won't know before the update drops.

So what I'm saying is that there's certainly more hope than before but don't be disappointed if it doesn't happen in 0.20.0 right away. :unsure:

Reactions: Big-T and omarsayed

Somnus

Oct 12, 2017
While the gay stuff isn't my jam, this type of conversation really cracks me up.

Fuck - and impregnate - your biological Mother, Aunt and Sister: Perfectly fine and acceptable, no worries, situation normal.
Fuck mythical sea creatures and fuck/impregnate cow-girl brithed from a statue: Yup, nothing to see here, what's the fuss.
Fuck a male peer as part of a healthy and normal relationship: DEATH TO YOU, DEV!

I'm not interested in kink-shaming, but where people draw their lines can be pretty arbitrary and goofy.
You're misunderstanding things. It's pretty simple. Given SS main public, people are okay with incest, having sex and impregnating women and female creatures in general. It's the audience fetish and the main reason DC earns almost $60k per month. Gay sex, on the other hand, isn't the audience fetish because the game is about a straight male protagonist (the exception so far has been trap Eve however even there MC's ass is intact). I'd never go too far wishing DC's death or cursing him, neither I'm against homosexuality. However, if there's something being developed that isn't my fetish (for me, gay sex, guro or scat), I wouldn't support the project. Simple like this. ;)

4.10 star(s) 357 Votes