KekWGgWP

Feb 9, 2018
Being completely honest, I don't care about learning how the Dad died. His absence allowed MC to step up and provide 'aid and comfort'* to his family (and just about every other female in Summerville), and that's fine by me.

* Aid and comfort in this instance means "lay waste with his giant hog dong, but only after doing a few chores/favors".
If i'm not wrong, it's mentioned that his dad was killed because he was in debt to mafia or something like that, still personally i wanna see how he died and why exactly, maybe the head of the mafia is a woman? that would be neat.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
maybe the head of the mafia is a woman? that would be neat.
Well, unless that women is called he's going to be male. But DC may have changed his plans since 0.15, of course, given that Igor is now the name of one of the henchmen. That said, he'll have a daughter called Nadya ( + ) so there'll certainly be some action involved.

KekWGgWP

Feb 9, 2018
Well, unless that women is called he's going to be male. But DC may have changed his plans since 0.15, of course, given that Igor is now the name of one of the henchmen. That said, he'll have a daughter called Nadya ( + ) so there'll certainly be some action involved.
Well...i always thought that Eve has the most flattest chest in the game, , guess i was wrong.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Well...i always thought that Eve has the most flattest chest in the game, , guess i was wrong.
Don't say that too loud, she's actually modeled after one of his regular picarto stream viewers. :LOL: ...and there's of course still Missy :D

Lapsudit

Sep 13, 2017
is there a commande to play a certain scene cause i cant get the one when MC fap on Debie's bed beacause i cant find her pantie (sorry for my English)

Fox.Mulder

Jul 31, 2017
Is there perhaps a way to like reset your character position to be at home or the map? I got trapped in the church and can't get out. I clicked it at night time and it let me inside, but won't let me leave lol. Just says "It's late I should go home" and lord have I been tryin'! XD

rewyn

Nov 6, 2017
the problem I have and continue to have since version 18.6 is the same if you google it:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/scripts/core/changelog.rpy", line 1, in <module>
File "game/scripts/core/changelog.rpy", line 20, in _execute_python_hide
IOError: [Errno 9] Bad file descriptor

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "scripts/core/changelog.rpyc", line 1, in script
File "/Volumes/Misc Games/Newer titles/untitled folder 8/Summertime Saga 19.5/SummertimeSaga-0-19-5-mac/SummertimeSaga.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "/Volumes/Misc Games/Newer titles/untitled folder 8/Summertime Saga 19.5/SummertimeSaga-0-19-5-mac/SummertimeSaga.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "game/scripts/core/changelog.rpy", line 1, in <module>
File "game/scripts/core/changelog.rpy", line 20, in _execute_python_hide
IOError: [Errno 9] Bad file descriptor

Darwin-10.8.0-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
SummertimeSaga 0.19.5
Mon Jan 27 19:02:26 2020

A brand new install.
Where is this file located? File "game/scripts/core/changelog.rpy", line 1, in <module>
There is nothing by this name in this location.

When I go play an earlier version of the game, version 18. I do not receive this error and this file isn't in that location either. With that said what/where in the code is this? To deactivate it. So I may once again enjoy your epic adventure.

rewyn

Nov 6, 2017
Did you by any chance click on the changelog link in main menu screen? If so, I would suggest not doing it if it causes the error. Otherwise, it would be quite helpful to know more about what you actually did.
Games doesn't even load to any screen, grey screens on start up.

rewyn

Nov 6, 2017
Games doesn't even load to any screen, grey screens on start up.
Also this is another person with same problem.

My original post is from June last year, and I still have no clue what to do to fix issue

Gasanvar

Nov 20, 2019
Don't know if this is serious, but it started out for like over a year with Debbie being the MC's Mom, Jenny being his Sister, and Diane being his Aunt. Then Patreon got stroppy and brought the hammer down on creators that were monetizing incestual-type content, and they became "Landlady", "Roommate", and "Landlady's Friend" or some nonsense in the 'official' version of the game. But there's a simple mod file you can download (on the OP of this thread) and apply to the game that patches all the incest content back in.
So this game have no incest content by default.

Im not talking about mods.

With modifications you can change every game into something different

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
So this game have no incest content by default.

Im not talking about mods.

With modifications you can change every game into something different
It's a little bit more complicated in this case. The game was set up to have incest and DC made a promise to bring the incest back, once the game is done and once it's removed from patreon. So it's not like somebody is modding something that's new, but they are just bringing back something that's actually supposed to be in the game and was removed for technical reasons (patreon's ban hammer, to be precise).

In some way both statements are correct, but if all goes to plan, Debbie, Tammy, Diane, Jenny, etc. will be moms, aunt and sister again by default.

Reactions: Rixen and fanboi

Gasanvar

Nov 20, 2019
It's a little bit more complicated in this case. The game was set up to have incest and DC made a promise to bring the incest back, once the game is done and once it's removed from patreon. So it's not like somebody is modding something that's new, but they are just bringing back something that's actually supposed to be in the game and was removed for technical reasons (patreon's ban hammer, to be precise).

In some way both statements are correct, but if all goes to plan, Debbie, Tammy, Diane, Jenny, etc. will be moms, aunt and sister again by default.
True but i for my part assume that incest will not be restored.

DC doesn't care about incest anymore and most of the people in his stream don't even mention it.

There will be no alternative for patreon in the next 5 years im pretty sure.

And patreon is strictly against incest content even step(cest) content is taboo on that plattform.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I don't really see a reason why they shouldn't release an incest version in the end. DC was really upset when he had to change it and it's not that much work for them. It's a couple new images and dialogs, but up until now there weren't any updates which would make it harder or even impossible. I really don't think that it would take them more than 2 weeks at best.

But sure, we won't get it before the game is done and I don't think anybody is expexting earlier solutions anymore. That's why it's quiet.

KekWGgWP

Feb 9, 2018
I don't really see a reason why they shouldn't release an incest version in the end. DC was really upset when he had to change it and it's not that much work for them. It's a couple new images and dialogs, but up until now there weren't any updates which would make it harder or even impossible. I really don't think that it would take them more than 2 weeks at best.

But sure, we won't get it before the game is done and I don't think anybody is expexting earlier solutions anymore. That's why it's quiet.
I prefer the incest patch for those who want incest, i'm not a fan of incest myself so i like how everything is set up now.

Reactions: nevt2050ptr

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Is there perhaps a way to like reset your character position to be at home or the map? I got trapped in the church and can't get out. I clicked it at night time and it let me inside, but won't let me leave lol. Just says "It's late I should go home" and lord have I been tryin'! XD
One solution is to install my mod (see signature), which pimps up the game and, most importantly, fixes a lot of those bugs.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Also this is another person with same problem.

My original post is from June last year, and I still have no clue what to do to fix issue
Did you try installing the game on another machine?

Did you delete the persistence data? Try this:
  1. Make a backup of your "<Summertime Saga>"/game/saves" filder.
  2. Delete that folder.
  3. Delete the files in the %appdata%/renpy/summertimesaga folder.
Edit: is your game directory write protected, or don't you have proper permissions? Try running the game in administrator mode.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 354 Votes