SCynic

Jul 18, 2018
The more i read the comments the more i am glad to have the gift of patience....i mean....i don't even pay the creators,why should i Say ANYTHING bad about what they made or how they work?
it's entitlement to notice and aggressively point out how slow the development of this game is and to suggest paying more people to work on it. K
It doesnt change, all you really see here is people mentally spending OTHER PEOPLE'S money for their own benefit and then calling those people either stupid(patrons) or scammers (DC). All because those people with the money don't do what they personally feel they should do.

jowishg

Yare yare dawa (ง •̀_•́)ง
Donor
May 6, 2018
Thread going through the motions of "he takes too long/makes too much" rants again I see

I do think the game would produce more content sooner with the monthly resources but I dunno. He is completely hands on with the end product so that's why you don't see hired guns doing art, and he has little to gain monetarily by changing this process. Maybe he is hands on to a fault?

I don't know a lick about speeding up game development. Hire another artist, coder? Not exactly valuable feedback I imagine. I do think it's a shame that the #1 adult game on the web has such long times between updates though so I totally get it. I'm not angry though. It's crazy to think that's it been many years and there's still so much left that's planned. Not sure when the first release was but I could see this going for another four years, unfinished.
Of course with the amount of money he's earning he could speed up the development with even more content by employing more artists and coders, but seems like he doesn't want to and he has the right to do so. As you said he never promised anything about that to his patreons so it's fine. It's only up to the highest donors to come with a proposition I guess but they are fine too with how things are going rn.

Ppl are saying "yeah he's making 60k a month why updates take so long", but he never said "If I reach this X amount I'll double up my team", afaik he only promised to do livestreams at a certain point.

cavaemon

May 29, 2018
So your solution to speed up development is for everyone working on it to take a pay cut? You realize you're asking them to sacrifice quality for speed just because you're entitled?
if people stop donating then your half right... while your throwing the name call "entitled" if he is donating money to the game dev then by all means that's his way and many others right to stop the tap on DC if he feels the work is being slowed so yes people will have to take a pay cut and yes im sure your mad about this fact which you got wrong. no quality will only suffer if they don't care about the game so if anything if they don't feel like doing it anymore get on them not the "entitled". I dont pay for dev I would but as it goes im sure he doesn't need another dollar 1 tier so please don't bring up the whole money thing this has been a argument already closed. im sure another artist for the third time will come along its like some said its probably a fan artist that is just as good that might show up if anything. and to others please this game has tons of content if your new and if your not it is what it is so pledge to Runey or other game devs that you may like :) im sure some are only backing one horse and those can switch if you would be so kind. I endorse polarity and killer7 and even the dev that made love and sex. peace yall.

• Angry
Reactions: Oriandu

bendover15

May 6, 2018
Devs making good games deserve to get paid and long-term Patreon support has to be the most lucrative way. I've got no complaints if they purposefully work slow to effectively get paid more. If they powered through to completion as fast as possible, they'd get very little. Even if the final version was behind a paywall, many would find a way to get it for free.

That said, the principle of being a patron is that you're supporting the development of whatever you're donating towards. The Patreon blurb literally talks about "fuelling work that matters to you", so in my mind, devs should feel at least somewhat obliged to move at a decent pace to reward their supporters. I'm not saying they need to work 60 hour weeks and I know it's not their fault if money gets thrown at them, but they should be hitting a minimum standard.

The problem has always been that the standards set by this community are so low. DC can effectively do whatever he wants and still maintain or grow his $60k p/month. The hard work was done when he was pumping out the initial releases, which got the interest and the money - now he can just sit back and milk it. That's the pattern for the vast majority of the 'big' games here and you'll see many of the same delaying tactics (i.e. repeatedly falling 'ill', engine reworks, art reworks).

Just a reminder that the current programme has full release coming around 2024, at which point DC will have collected upwards of $5m. That's if there isn't further delays (something tells me there might be...)

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
The 0.21(Rhonda, Cassie and Coach) won't be ready until March 2021. I hope Cassie's gloryhole BJ and Judith's toilet HJ will get expanded as minor updates in this year.
Just a side note: Cassies BJ was one of the first things my mod expanded ;)
Devs making good games deserve to get paid and long-term Patreon support has to be the most lucrative way. I've got no complaints if they purposefully work slow to effectively get paid more. If they powered through to completion as fast as possible, they'd get very little. Even if the final version was behind a paywall, many would find a way to get it for free.

That said, the principle of being a patron is that you're supporting the development of whatever you're donating towards. The Patreon blurb literally talks about "fuelling work that matters to you", so in my mind, devs should feel at least somewhat obliged to move at a decent pace to reward their supporters. I'm not saying they need to work 60 hour weeks and I know it's not their fault if money gets thrown at them, but they should be hitting a minimum standard.

The problem has always been that the standards set by this community are so low. DC can effectively do whatever he wants and still maintain or grow his $60k p/month. The hard work was done when he was pumping out the initial releases, which got the interest and the money - now he can just sit back and milk it. That's the pattern for the vast majority of the 'big' games here and you'll see many of the same delaying tactics (i.e. repeatedly falling 'ill', engine reworks, art reworks).

Just a reminder that the current programme has full release coming around 2024, at which point DC will have collected upwards of $5m. That's if there isn't further delays (something tells me there might be...)
I don't say he is doing enough, not for anybody's standards or measured on the amount of money he makes. But saying he just sits here and does nothing is plainly wrong. I am modding this game, I know they changed it a lot the last releases, under the hood and on the surface. I am glad they do, it makes modding the game easier, more challenging and more interesting at the same time.

Last edited:

bendover15

May 6, 2018
But saying he just sits here and does nothing is plainly wrong.
I'm not saying he does literally nothing, because obviously he'd lose his supporters if that was the case. He does just enough to keep the money coming in, which IMO is very little. You seem to half acknowledge that and others seem to as well. It only bugs me when people pretend like he's working really hard when he just isn't.

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
if people stop donating then your half right... while your throwing the name call "entitled" if he is donating money to the game dev then by all means that's his way and many others right to stop the tap on DC if he feels the work is being slowed so yes people will have to take a pay cut and yes im sure your mad about this fact which you got wrong. no quality will only suffer if they don't care about the game so if anything if they don't feel like doing it anymore get on them not the "entitled". I dont pay for dev I would but as it goes im sure he doesn't need another dollar 1 tier so please don't bring up the whole money thing this has been a argument already closed. im sure another artist for the third time will come along its like some said its probably a fan artist that is just as good that might show up if anything. and to others please this game has tons of content if your new and if your not it is what it is so pledge to Runey or other game devs that you may like :) im sure some are only backing one horse and those can switch if you would be so kind. I endorse polarity and killer7 and even the dev that made love and sex. peace yall.
Yes quality will suffer. They only way it won't suffer is if the patreon intake increases massively as a result of the addition of new team members, and that is not going to happen in a large enough number to ensure everyone maintains the same level of pay. It's not a hard concept. Paying more people less will not result in the same level of quality. Why do you think EA games are usually mediocre, buggy messes? Because they throw 300 people at a game, give them less time, and don't pay them as much as other developers do because they won't increase the budget of the project. Your naivety doesn't make me any less right.

jackb280

Jul 27, 2019
Haha, I don't think you understood my point. Even if the next update has 5 sex scenes and (i am going to be generous and say) 20 lewd (stuff) scenes, that still puts it at 5 overall scenes a month. So yeah 50k for 5 scenes a month. If the patrons are happy with this math, then good for them.

patrons should decrease drastically then the dev will work faster indeed

mattius77

May 16, 2017
You know what cracks me up about all this talk about DC's pace of development and his Patreon support? It has happened a few times in this thread, but you almost never see a post that reads, "DC is milking his supporters, he is taking too long and not delivering enough content with each update, and so I have canceled my Patreon support."

One is inclined to draw two possible conclusions from this: 1) Either the pace of output really isn't that much of a bother to motivate revocation of support, or 2) the complainer in question is not a financial supporter and is just having a whinge.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the vast majority of DC's financial support is from people pledging like $1/month. That's the kind of thing that someone could easily sign up for to get access to a perk once, and then forgot it was recurring, and the charge just gets lost in their credit card statement every cycle. Shoot, I once had a gym membership drag on for like 6 or 7 months because I wasn't paying close attention to my statement, and that was something like $40 or $50 a month. (I mean, I'm well aware of what that says about me.... haha)

And I'll be honest, if I'm DC, with a burgeoning platoon of mini-DCs in tow, I have absolutely zero incentive to speed things up. That's just the way Patreon is set up. Normal game development, like at a studio that makes console games, is set up to fund the project on a rolling basis. You get to a certain milestone, you take your vertical slice, you present where you are to the publisher, and they release the next tranche of funding. It's progress-based. Patreon is creator-based. In other words, you aren't funding Summertime Saga so much as you are funding DC. It's a different model, and this is just the way of things. I don't begrudge him anything.

JacksHoff

Jul 15, 2018
It doesnt change, all you really see here is people mentally spending OTHER PEOPLE'S money for their own benefit and then calling those people either stupid(patrons) or scammers (DC). All because those people with the money don't do what they personally feel they should do.
how do you know th people who are complaining aren't backers or ever were backers? You guys are so obedient any defiance is bad

4.00 star(s) 358 Votes