cavaemon

May 29, 2018
Yes quality will suffer. They only way it won't suffer is if the patreon intake increases massively as a result of the addition of new team members, and that is not going to happen in a large enough number to ensure everyone maintains the same level of pay. It's not a hard concept. Paying more people less will not result in the same level of quality. Why do you think EA games are usually mediocre, buggy messes? Because they throw 300 people at a game, give them less time, and don't pay them as much as other developers do because they won't increase the budget of the project. Your naivety doesn't make me any less right.
are you trying to be objectively upsetting or are you not aware of what i said that you just ignored? Your first sentence was what I just hit on and second about what I just said about what will happen is a round about way of how YES if the work is worth it can or wont suffer. People who get paid more are more likely to improve quality so don't lie you cant discount motivation ok. Then you throw hypotheticals like 300 people who may or may not do more work in different time. Your right BUT only as much as you think so yes I guess if you look at what some games on here can do then I suppose naivety is what drives me to fix what you are trying put out as half truth. So before you reply to me again i suggest you think really hard about what I said and stop "arguing agreeing" about how I just laid out a more reasonable thing to do when a dev doesn't make you happy ok? I know how people think making his work about money is just a narrative to bash him and I think that is wrong and in some cases justified based on other works that were here just as long his( DC) and never completed. harem is a prime example the rpgm game which seems to be abandoned and that had earned way less than DC. some games on here you can compare and all of which vary even if they earn less or more. so based on what i said some are happy about what they are making and some not look em up dont use money as a go to argument.

Last edited:

bendover15

May 6, 2018
You know what cracks me up about all this talk about DC's pace of development and his Patreon support? It has happened a few times in this thread, but you almost never see a post that reads, "DC is milking his supporters, he is taking too long and not delivering enough content with each update, and so I have canceled my Patreon support."

One is inclined to draw two possible conclusions from this: 1) Either the pace of output really isn't that much of a bother to motivate revocation of support, or 2) the complainer in question is not a financial supporter and is just having a whinge.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the vast majority of DC's financial support is from people pledging like $1/month. That's the kind of thing that someone could easily sign up for to get access to a perk once, and then forgot it was recurring, and the charge just gets lost in their credit card statement every cycle. Shoot, I once had a gym membership drag on for like 6 or 7 months because I wasn't paying close attention to my statement, and that was something like $40 or $50 a month. (I mean, I'm well aware of what that says about me.... haha)

And I'll be honest, if I'm DC, with a burgeoning platoon of mini-DCs in tow, I have absolutely zero incentive to speed things up. That's just the way Patreon is set up. Normal game development, like at a studio that makes console games, is set up to fund the project on a rolling basis. You get to a certain milestone, you take your vertical slice, you present where you are to the publisher, and they release the next tranche of funding. It's progress-based. Patreon is creator-based. In other words, you aren't funding Summertime Saga so much as you are funding DC. It's a different model, and this is just the way of things. I don't begrudge him anything.
I definitely don't begrudge him and I think you're spot on about there being no incentive to speed things up. There'd be one if he started haemorrhaging patrons and was looking at having to go back to work, but obviously that brings us full circle to his army of loyal subscribers (emphasis on 'sub') who will keep supporting regardless.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
You know what cracks me up about all this talk about DC's pace of development and his Patreon support? It has happened a few times in this thread, but you almost never see a post that reads, "DC is milking his supporters, he is taking too long and not delivering enough content with each update, and so I have canceled my Patreon support."

One is inclined to draw two possible conclusions from this: 1) Either the pace of output really isn't that much of a bother to motivate revocation of support, or 2) the complainer in question is not a financial supporter and is just having a whinge.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the vast majority of DC's financial support is from people pledging like $1/month. That's the kind of thing that someone could easily sign up for to get access to a perk once, and then forgot it was recurring, and the charge just gets lost in their credit card statement every cycle.
Well, there are people who cancel their support at times (you can read posts on reddit, discord or even here) and the slow schedule is certainly the main reason, but it's indeed different compared to other games. I'd agree that the fact the game is free/dead cheap will play a huge role in general.

It's a real difference whether you pay $120 to $240 a year to get access to a game (like you'd have to for a lot of other games) or whether you pay $12 a year for SS and maybe opt for a $5 pledge here and there. Of course you'd be a lot more patient in the latter case and keep pledging because you maybe watch a few streams a month and simply like the game in general.

I mean, it's always odd when people try to make the argument that his patreons are being milked, when many give $1 to at best $5 bucks a month. Most people will probably give more money a month to random hobos on the street. $1 a months is simply a sum most people just won't care about, as long as they get something they like in return.

Patreon is creator-based. In other words, you aren't funding Summertime Saga so much as you are funding DC. It's a different model, and this is just the way of things.
And DC actually covers the personal part quite well. He's a decent streamer and has between 400 and 500 viewers five times a week, while the stream recordings have usually between 12k and 15k views within ~1 week. That's a pretty good way to promote himself and given that he's been doing it for 3 years, it'll certainly create a very solid base. It's something many people tend to ignore when they compare him to other devs, who do nothing but write the occasional post on discord or patreon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Reese286

cavaemon

May 29, 2018
ugh... you know there are games like corrupted kingdoms and they are pumping every week a new update... and funny thing is it isn't making bank like DC... how about we stop talking gains and do something better? like if you don't like what is happening with DC tell him or put your money towards another creator? this thread on money is dead like my imagination of a rule 34 character from overwatch...

Reactions: Fragginz

SCynic

Jul 18, 2018
how do you know th people who are complaining aren't backers or ever were backers? You guys are so obedient any defiance is bad
I dont think you actually read what I wrote. It doesnt matter if the people complaining are backers or not. Spending OTHER people's money refers to the patrons in total, which would still apply because those complaining about the amount DC gets in donations are implying or outright stating he shouldnt make so much, or he should do more because he does get so much. That's STILL spending other people's money, as i EXTREMELY doubt one person (who is fucking whining about how much DC gets) is giving the entirety of what DC accrues.

SECOND, spending other people's money also refers to DC himself, as once the money is donated, it is HIS to allocate HOW HE WISHES. There is no, "I'm giving you 1 or 5 or 500 dollars to spend specifically in this manner I tell you to". You dont get to say, "HIRE ANOTHER ARTIST, NOW!" Nope. Doesn't work that way.

All your complaining and whining amounts to is you, WHO I DOUBT IS AN ACTUAL PATRON, mentally spending other people's money because you are upset at the rate in which you receive FREE fucking high quality content. You're basically throwing a tantrum because Dad won't give you more candy because he decided you dont need it right now. If I could make you emotional toddlers go take a nap I would.

owlking

Sep 20, 2018
According to the post in 4/6
Art is done! Writing is almost done (small dialogues to finish for pregnancy), posing will be done this week which leaves Code to wrap up and make sure it's stable for a release! It's getting close!

but DC drawing Girls holding baby in the Hospital in 4/9 streaming (Just don't lie if you haven't finished ur jobs

posing will be done this week ( it seems we still far away from Posing be done - still [22/26] 84% )

the progress bar for public is basically useless , the more you watch it more anger or inpatient you got

just leave it and follow the official release inform on Discord

that would makes you feels way better

Feb 7, 2018
There is no added reward. He is getting paid irrespective of his pace so it makes complete sense that he continues at the current pace and prolongs this project as long as possible. He made the right decision from a business perspective.
If he ever finishes this game, how much of the audience do you think is going to contribute to the next game that takes years to put out, despite all the lessons he's learned from this game?

Time changes everything. Someone better and faster will come along. It's just a matter of time before it happens here. Everyone rips off what works. Then he's gonna be left holding the bag on an unfinished product, making way less money, while the rest of the world simply moved on. At the current rate, he's going to take 15 years to finish this, assuming 1.0 is the final version. Who knows if Pateron will even be around in 12 years.

Reactions: hapikala_donut

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
are you trying to be objectively upsetting or are you not aware of what i said that you just ignored? Your first sentence was what I just hit on and second about what I just said about what will happen is a round about way of how YES if the work is worth it can or wont suffer. People who get paid more are more likely to improve quality so don't lie you cant discount motivation ok. Then you throw hypotheticals like 300 people who may or may not do more work in different time. Your right BUT only as much as you think so yes I guess if you look at what some games on here can do then I suppose naivety is what drives me to fix what you are trying put out as half truth. So before you reply to me again i suggest you think really hard about what I said and stop "arguing agreeing" about how I just laid out a more reasonable thing to do when a dev doesn't make you happy ok? I know how people think making his work about money is just a narrative to bash him and I think that is wrong and in some cases justified based on other works that were here just as long his( DC) and never completed. harem is a prime example the rpgm game which seems to be abandoned and that had earned way less than DC. some games on here you can compare and all of which vary even if they earn less or more. so based on what i said some are happy about what they are making and some not look em up dont use money as a go to argument.
I read your post, your post was wrong and a mess of incoherent nonsense, so I made a general, simple response to what little of it wasn't inane babbling.

Reactions: hapikala_donut

goodevel

Apr 11, 2019
Please HELP!

I started playing the game a few days ago and I am stuck at Debbie part 6 where I need to lotion her legs in the basement. I did that, advanced the story by jerking off with her panties but then I saved my game, and now after I loaded the save, I am stuck at the basement part. I can lotion her legs, but thats it, I cant advance to jerking with her panties. Tried the in-game menu (Shift+W > debbie@S_debbie_lotion_adventure advance) but nothing changes.

Please help, I had bugs with this game before and started it all over again a few times now and lost countless hours of playtime, and i just dont have the nerves to do it once more o_O

mattius77

May 16, 2017
From what I remember, you can only jerk it with Mom's panties when she's in the shower. So make sure you're waiting until those mornings to give that a go.

4.10 star(s) 357 Votes