srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
It is the "MAIN STORY" line and I would like to know if DC will do more Mom and sister sexe scene (I mean with mom and sister not mom and sister :).
Can you think DC could come here and say us a little bit more ?. (because someone said DC come here sometimes).
Why don't CD come here to talk a little bit ?
He talks a lot during his daily straming sessions.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Agreed. Only that art is not the bottle neck and never was. DC is always finished well before release date and does stuff for the next release, as can be seen on his daily streams.
I think in the broader context it's ok to say that art is the ultimate bottleneck. While it's true, that individual updates always need time after the art is finished, the whole workflow will always depend on DC producing the art and possibly Sploosh writing the script. Sure, he could hire more posers and coders, but then they'd probably sit on their hands a lot of the time, just to shorten the final push each update.

Currently everybody seems to work more or less continuously and once the an update is released, there's already some new work prepared for coding and posing, because DC and Sploosh had a small ~2 to 3 week headstart to sort those things out a little and to start the next update, while the current one is being finished.

While I don't really like the wait after the art is finished, either, I doubt updates would be that much faster if he'd increase posing and coding staff. But maybe that's just my opinion.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I think in the broader context it's ok to say that art is the ultimate bottleneck. While it's true, that individual updates always need time after the art is finished, the whole workflow will always depend on DC producing the art and possibly Sploosh writing the script. Sure, he could hire more posers and coders, but then they'd probably sit on their hands a lot of the time, just to shorten the final push each update.

Currently everybody seems to work more or less continuously and once the an update is released, there's already some new work prepared for coding and posing, because DC and Sploosh had a small ~2 to 3 week headstart to sort those things out a little and to start the next update, while the current one is being finished.

While I don't really like the wait after the art is finished, either, I doubt updates would be that much faster if he'd increase posing and coding staff. But maybe that's just my opinion.
At the end, everything depends on everything. But it was never so that in the final week before release everybody was waiting on DC to finish the last drawings. It was always waiting on the latest code/posing fixes. I mean, that's only logical. And if I remember correctly, the progress bar on art was always advancing quicker than the rest.

But I don't want to start a discussion here. It doesn't matter anyway.

Kryptozoid

Sep 3, 2016

It's exactly like working for the press or for the movie industry : In press, as long as journalists didn't finish their texts and pictures aren't done, people making the magazine pages cannot work, and as long as they didn't finish, you can't print it. Movies same thing : You need to have the shoot done before editors and musicians and VFX dudes can do their job. So yes in SS's case, art is the bottleneck.

Reactions: Vernalcash

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
you guy going to be complain about the next update.
the next update will take at least a year or more to be done cause he is going to change it to wide-screen

totor83

May 15, 2017
He talks a lot during his daily straming sessions.
I Don't Watch every Stream …. I have a life.

And to "rayminator" : We know he is milking but what do you mean ????

DC talk One time a month …. We Don't know what he do (He is sick , and ???? we too , he have babyes ? and ? we too ! he won a lot of money and ?)
We know Nothing about the story line . (does he know ?)
Why only patreons can have some little information(s) ( for a "Free" game :).
I think DC don't know where he goes and we don't know too. It is main story , will we have mo "main story" ?????
We all loved this game for what is was ...... will the "main story" will give us "main sex scene" ???

Last edited:

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
seriously ???
didn't they say it would be next weekend or something ?
I wasn't talking about 0.20 I was talking about 0.20.5 or 0.21

I Don't Watch every Stream …. I have a life.

And to "rayminator" : We know he is milking but what do you mean ????

DC talk One time a month …. We Don't know what he do (He is sick , and ???? we too , he have babyes ? and ? we too ! he won a lot of money and ?)
We know Nothing about the story line . (does he know ?)
Why only patreons can have some little information(s) ( for a "Free" game :).
I think DC don't know where he goes and we don't know too. It is main story , will we have mo "main story" ?????
We all loved this game for what is was ...... will the "main story" will give us "main sex scene" ???
Feb 2 at 3:19pm

Would you be willing to post-pone a future update by 1 or 2 months in order to switch Summertime Saga to widescreen resolution? It would mean extending (make them bigger) all backgrounds, including locations/minigames/sex scenes/etc.
The upside of making this change:
  • The game would fit better on mobile device (and most screens).
  • Backgrounds and environments would look nicer.
  • Characters would have more room on screen.
The downside of making this change:
  • We would need to pause the development for a month or two while we fix all backgrounds and animations to fit the new widescreen resolution.
EDIT:
Clarifications:
- If we did make a widescreen transition it would be certainly after 0.20.5 (or later)
- It would apply to all platforms (OS), not just Android
- The map would also be affected, and potentially open some room for additional locations

Would you be willing to post-pone a future update by 1 or 2 months in order to switch Summertime Saga to widescreen resolution? It would mean extending (make them bigger) all backgrounds, including locations/minigames/sex scenes/etc.
The upside of making this change:
  • The game would fit better on mobile device (and most screens).
  • Backgrounds and environments would look nicer.
  • Characters would have more room on screen.
The downside of making this change:
  • We would need to pause the development for a month or two while we fix all backgrounds and animations to fit the new widescreen resolution.
EDIT:
Clarifications:
- If we did make a widescreen transition it would be certainly after 0.20.5 (or later)
- It would apply to all platforms (OS), not just Android
- The map would also be affected, and potentially open some room for additional locations

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2017
The ninty ninth, number of liberation.
Its the cause for celebration.
The near completion of this perfection,
a game so fair in its completion.
So let us not battle in contemplation,
of whether it is a damnation.
Because in this time of isolation,
the only means of joy, masturbation.
Hence, we shall marvel at this creation.
Until its completion, thy shall remain patient.

totor83

May 15, 2017
Open your eyes , DC talk one time every
The ninty ninth, number of liberation.
Its the cause for celebration.
The near completion of this perfection,
a game so fair in its completion.
So let us not battle in contemplation,
of whether it is a damnation.
Because in this time of isolation,
the only means of joy, masturbation.
Hence, we shall marvel at this creation.
Until its completion, thy shall remain patient.
Don't understand …. sorry I am french. No Church , no god for me , just science.
Go to bed now.
"Rayminator" thanks

Reactions: hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Dave98424

Oct 30, 2017
I think it's about nuances in that case. Everybody has a right complain and to voice opinions about the game itself or about the development process. After all, that's what forums are for. Given that DC reworked a lot and given that the releases take time, opinions will be controversial.

Where it gets a little more complicated is, when people start to determin the value of the game (which is still free for everybody) and couple their complaint with accusations and insults. At the same time they often don't even really have a clue what's going on and even make stuff up, which, let's face it, happens quite regularly.
Again, their is no limitation on what you can and cannot complain about. Some, perhaps many feel in this case that the developer is getting money that is not really earned. It is not a point of jealousy, simply a point of opinion. I sometimes hit the local fast food drive thru and try to get a quick bite to eat and am often amazed at how slow the service is because of the low quality of effort given out by the workers. My complaint is with this developer is that the amount of money given to him vs the amount of work provider seems unbalanced.

401Grem

May 14, 2017
Again, their is no limitation on what you can and cannot complain about. Some, perhaps many feel in this case that the developer is getting money that is not really earned. It is not a point of jealousy, simply a point of opinion. I sometimes hit the local fast food drive thru and try to get a quick bite to eat and am often amazed at how slow the service is because of the low quality of effort given out by the workers. My complaint is with this developer is that the amount of money given to him vs the amount of work provider seems unbalanced.
Sure, but one has nothing to do with the other.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
My complaint is with this developer is that the amount of money given to him vs the amount of work provider seems unbalanced.
But then you are omitting many details which might be there. This developer has set the financing goal to 30k and no further promise was made. So you are essentially complaining that he doesn't change his whole concept just because he got more money than he expected to get and asked for. I mean, if you want to complain about it, you can do that. But keep in mind that he's never promised to grow his business beyond a certan point with the money he earns and still people continue to give money.

In the end you aren't complaining that your favourite band aren't suddenly releasing 60 songs per year instead of 20 just because their last album made millions instead of the peanuts they got before. You probably aren't complaining that your favourite actor doesn't produce ten movies per year instead of 2 or 3 just becuase he suddenly makes millions. Sure, you can complain about it, but does it make sense?

To me it's very simple. I compare what a dev asks for, what he then promises to deliver, and what he delivers in the end. I'd agree that DC earns more money than the game is worth, quite a bit more actually, but that doesn't change the fact that he delivers what he promised.

Edit: Added some words.

Dave98424

Oct 30, 2017
But then you are omitting many details which might be there. This developer has set the financing goal to 30k and no further promise was made. So you are essentially complaining that he doesn't change his whole concept just because he got more money than he expected to get and asked for. I mean, if you want to complain about it, you can do that. But keep in mind that he's never promised to grow his business with the money he earns and still people continue to give money.

In the end you aren't complaining that your favourite band aren't suddenly releasing 60 songs per year instead of 20 just because their last album made millions instead of the peanuts they got before. You probably aren't complaining that your favourite actor doesn't produce ten movies per year instead of 2 or 3 just becuase he suddenly makes millions. Sure, you can complain about it, but does it make sense?

To me it's very simple. I compare what a dev asks for, what he then promises to deliver, and what he delivers in the end. I'd agree that DC earns more money than the game is worth, quite a bit more actually, but that doesn't change the fact that he delivers what he promised.
I agree 100% that he did not promise or guarantee anything but that is not ever been part of my complaint. At not time did I state he broke x guarantee or promise. The basic point I and many of us are making is that we FEEL that he has not earned the money given to him so we wish to point it out and this is where it becomes the issue. Some on here feel the need to start talking about jealousy and I was pointing out that my right to complain is not based on jealousy and that many of the other complaints I read here are essentially voicing similar points. In the end Patreon allows this stuff to go on and many developers continue to take the money. The amount of work done vs the amount of money is going to rub many of us the wrong way so we complain. People here should understand that the right to complain is not based on a financial value.

401Grem

May 14, 2017
But then you are omitting many details which might be there. This developer has set the financing goal to 30k and no further promise was made. So you are essentially complaining that he doesn't change his whole concept just because he got more money than he expected to get and asked for. I mean, if you want to complain about it, you can do that. But keep in mind that he's never promised to grow his business beyond a certan point with the money he earns and still people continue to give money.

Edit: Added some words.
This! Thank you! And continuing to complain about it here, is just being petty for no good reason.

Nov 4, 2017
Open your eyes , DC talk one time every

Don't understand …. sorry I am french. No Church , no god for me , just science.
Go to bed now.
"Rayminator" thanks
Im basically saying we should be happy because were almost getting the new update.
Or in French... nous obtenons une mise à jour bientôt. Soyez heureux.
Im Canadian, so I can speak a little bit of French.

401Grem

May 14, 2017
I agree 100% that he did not promise or guarantee anything but that is not ever been part of my complaint. At not time did I state he broke x guarantee or promise. The basic point I and many of us are making is that we FEEL that he has not earned the money given to him so we wish to point it out and this is where it becomes the issue. Some on here feel the need to start talking about jealousy and I was pointing out that my right to complain is not based on jealousy and that many of the other complaints I read here are essentially voicing similar points. In the end Patreon allows this stuff to go on and many developers continue to take the money. The amount of work done vs the amount of money is going to rub many of us the wrong way so we complain. People here should understand that the right to complain is not based on a financial value.
It has nothing to do with earning, it has to do with people contributing. Any relation between the game developement and the money contributed, is not performance based.

Reactions: Omniel

Dave98424

Oct 30, 2017
It has nothing to do with earning, it has to do with people contributing. Any relation between the game developement and the money contributed, is not performance based.

It does not have to be performance based in order for people to feel it is earned. The money he is getting, he is legally getting. That is not in dispute. The issue many of us have is the effort by those getting money vs the amount of work provided. This is not in balance so we complain.

4.10 star(s) 357 Votes