401Grem

May 14, 2017
It does not have to be performance based in order for people to feel it is earned. The money he is getting, he is legally getting. That is not in dispute. The issue many of us have is the effort by those getting money vs the amount of work provided. This is not in balance so we complain.
And I understand people have this perception, even when they are not related.

Hero1

"I'm in the wrong place at the wrong time."
Donor
Sep 20, 2017
What was the outcome of the widescreen conversation poll?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
There was some confusion at first because people thought he meant to do the conversion immediately and he later clarified it would only happen after 0.20.5 or 0.21.0 at the earliest. This led to a strong vote against the conversion which later moved closer to the result seen above.
I'd like to think widescreen would have won if he made it clear from the start that it wouldn't influence the next 2-3 updates directly.

cadwaladr

Aug 4, 2017
If somebody gave you 60K dollars and said, "Now you listen and do what I want, when I want and how I want, understood?", I am pretty sure you won't.

DC's just doing that. He goes on to his liking. It's not his fault that his patreon campaign is that successful. O wait, it is -- he is just too good to not be successful.

And btw/ he already gave account to the money he makes. He started alone, and now he has a team. He started with, compared to today, poor and little content, which he now gradually improves and increases. He made this into the most successful H game ever, and still is. He did not abandon it like so many other devs but in the contrary still throws out good quality updates three times a year. And all this for free, nobody has to pay to download the game right at the release day (OK, one day after).

Agreed. Only that art is not the bottle neck and never was. DC is always finished well before release date and does stuff for the next release, as can be seen on his daily streams.
That's not what, I thought, iderama was saying. He wasn't saying DC shouldn't be earning this much money, he was saying "he shouldn't be earning this much money for lying". He actually provided evidence that DC is milking. We should have had 0.20 at least a month ago (according to DC's own timeline) and should be waiting for 0.25. Instead we are waiting for 0.20 and 0.25 might be postponed for a "shorter" update or Rhonda's update. That's not what he promised 6 months ago.

As to all this time for "new and improved parts of the game". Yeah, that's milking it. What the fuck is his coding team doing while he's drawing all this art?

This is why he needs a project manager. Of course, he doesn't want one, his team will work more efficiently and that means less money. Wake up. He's milking it. And don't expect patrons to realise this. ICSTOR's patronage went up after he admitted he was quitting his latest game. Gumdrop Games still has nearly 800 patrons and his earnings are approximately $2k-5k per month and he's the biggest scam artist out there. Patrons are stupid.

Reactions: DeepSpace_Potato

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
He actually provided evidence that DC is milking.
Except that he didn't. All he did was implying things which weren't said, like DC promising to release an update in 3-4 month or promising to deliver translations. You simply can't accuse people of lying if you literally make the stuff up you think they've lied about. The fact alone that 0.19.5 wasn't even mentioned in his post shows, that he certainly cared more about his message than about any kind of "evidence".

Last edited:

raysitsp123

Dec 18, 2017
wonder when we wil get moms pregnancy content
I think there's a choice in the previous polls about the mom, and the mom's update will be a small update. Similarly, you can expect something like the sister (jenny) update but less content, and we will get mom's pregnancy to wrap up the character. However, I don't think people will vote for that for 0.22 and 0.23.

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
I am impressed how people are able to answer post's like that from cadwldr -great letter salad that pretends to be a nick btw-, because all i can read is mimimi, me so smart, all so stupid, mimimi. Which imo doesnt makes much sense to beginn with, so i wouldnt even know what one possible could answer to that. Well, quit whinning maybe, not that i would actually think that would work.

401Grem

May 14, 2017
That's not what, I thought, iderama was saying. He wasn't saying DC shouldn't be earning this much money, he was saying "he shouldn't be earning this much money for lying". He actually provided evidence that DC is milking. We should have had 0.20 at least a month ago (according to DC's own timeline) and should be waiting for 0.25. Instead we are waiting for 0.20 and 0.25 might be postponed for a "shorter" update or Rhonda's update. That's not what he promised 6 months ago.

As to all this time for "new and improved parts of the game". Yeah, that's milking it. What the fuck is his coding team doing while he's drawing all this art?

This is why he needs a project manager. Of course, he doesn't want one, his team will work more efficiently and that means less money. Wake up. He's milking it. And don't expect patrons to realise this. ICSTOR's patronage went up after he admitted he was quitting his latest game. Gumdrop Games still has nearly 800 patrons and his earnings are approximately $2k-5k per month and he's the biggest scam artist out there. Patrons are stupid.
People who spread false and malicious allegations, should be forum banned.

SCynic

Jul 18, 2018
I agree 100% that he did not promise or guarantee anything but that is not ever been part of my complaint. At not time did I state he broke x guarantee or promise. The basic point I and many of us are making is that we FEEL that he has not earned the money given to him so we wish to point it out and this is where it becomes the issue. Some on here feel the need to start talking about jealousy and I was pointing out that my right to complain is not based on jealousy and that many of the other complaints I read here are essentially voicing similar points. In the end Patreon allows this stuff to go on and many developers continue to take the money. The amount of work done vs the amount of money is going to rub many of us the wrong way so we complain. People here should understand that the right to complain is not based on a financial value.
Here's the thing about your argument, it has no foundation to stand upon. Earlier, you made a comparison to not liking what a car manufacturer has done with a revamp of an old favorite. Not having to purchase the new revamp to have the right to say you don't like it. Fine, you don't have to purchase it to look at it or test drive it. That has a foundation. But it doesn't even apply to this situation at all.

IF you had said you wont play because you don't like the artwork, that would be a more fitting application, but that's not your argument. You're saying that he's making too much money for what he's doing. That is not even an arguable viewpoint. It's PURELY opinion. You don't value what they do nearly as much as others do. That's all it comes down to. I have a coworker who says that major league sports players are paid far too much. No real reason why, not even when presented with the fact that they generate hype and sales far beyond anything in history to date and their very names carry an entire industry, but no, they are paid too much.

That is exactly what you and others who make this complaint about DC being paid too much or milking are doing. Pushing forward personal opinion as fact, with no real foundation or basis for the argument in the first place.

You're just reverting to type. "I don't like that there is someone (who isn't me) making all this money for this!" There's no proof of DC lying, milking or otherwise. You demand he switches up a work formula that has produced and continues to produce quality, timely, FREE content for something that YOU envision but don't clarify, and then proceed to call people who spend their OWN money and make their OWN decisions on what is worth their money stupid. Once again, another complaint artist mentally spending other people's money because they personally are 'just so much better at determining value and managing money'.

If people wanna patron something, LET THEM DO IT! People are not stupid. They have every right to make what YOU may consider a foolish decision for themselves.

Reactions: Omniel and 401Grem

cadwaladr

Aug 4, 2017
I am impressed how people are able to answer post's like that from cadwldr -great letter salad that pretends to be a nick btw-, because all i can read is mimimi, me so smart, all so stupid, mimimi. Which imo doesnt makes much sense to beginn with, so i wouldnt even know what one possible could answer to that. Well, quit whinning maybe, not that i would actually think that would work.
Cadwldr or anglicised as Cadwaladr was a Welsh king in the 7th century. As to the rest of your comment, if you had a reading age above that of my 3 year old, it would make sense to begin with. Sorry, "beginn" with. I'm not "whinning", I'm not even whining.

You're just reverting to type. "I don't like that there is someone (who isn't me) making all this money for this!" There's no proof of DC lying, milking or otherwise. You demand he switches up a work formula that has produced and continues to produce quality, timely, FREE content for something that YOU envision but don't clarify, and then proceed to call people who spend their OWN money and make their OWN decisions on what is worth their money stupid. Once again, another complaint artist mentally spending other people's money because they personally are 'just so much better at determining value and managing money'.

If people wanna patron something, LET THEM DO IT! People are not stupid. They have every right to make what YOU may consider a foolish decision for themselves.
I DON'T CARE HOW MUCH MONEY HE MAKES.

Seriously. He could make a million or a hundred or a dollar and if he's scamming he should be called out on it. 0.2.0 should not have taken this long. Yes he was ill, yes he had a kid. Guess what? No one cares. If you work a job and you're ill or you have a kid you tell the people paying you. It's up to them to decide whether to pay you when you aren't working. And don't give me this, Patreon is not a job. Patrons pay him for support. They have a right to know what they are supporting. Are they supporting someone working normal hours on a project or twiddling his thumbs or sleeping in bed or taking paternity. Did he tell his patrons before hand about his illness? Did he tell them about having another child? Did he suspend billing knowing that he wouldn't be doing work? No. He kept that quiet until after the fact. Maybe his patrons wouldn't have cared, but he's not giving them the option. Which means, for those who want to follow the bottom line: he's not being honest. In any other realm of business that would be called fraud. Why do we have to be financially invested, or even care about how much money is made, to get the right to call out, or flag dishonesty?

You don't think he's being dishonest, fine. That's your privilege. I think he is. That's my privilege. I have the right to say it.

And people are stupid. Especially when small amounts of money are concerned. It's easy to set up a reoccurring payment and forget about it so you cannot assume all patrons are happy with him. After all, Irredeemable still gets $123 a month.

Reactions: polom

Xanatos

May 6, 2019
Cadwldr or anglicised as Cadwaladr was a Welsh king in the 7th century. As to the rest of your comment, if you had a reading age above that of my 3 year old, it would make sense to begin with. Sorry, "beginn" with. I'm not "whinning", I'm not even whining.

I DON'T CARE HOW MUCH MONEY HE MAKES.

Seriously. He could make a million or a hundred or a dollar and if he's scamming he should be called out on it. 0.2.0 should not have taken this long. Yes he was ill, yes he had a kid. Guess what? No one cares. If you work a job and you're ill or you have a kid you tell the people paying you. It's up to them to decide whether to pay you when you aren't working. And don't give me this, Patreon is not a job. Patrons pay him for support. They have a right to know what they are supporting. Are they supporting someone working normal hours on a project or twiddling his thumbs or sleeping in bed or taking paternity. Did he tell his patrons before hand about his illness? Did he tell them about having another child? Did he suspend billing knowing that he wouldn't be doing work? No. He kept that quiet until after the fact. Maybe his patrons wouldn't have cared, but he's not giving them the option. Which means, for those who want to follow the bottom line: he's not being honest. In any other realm of business that would be called fraud. Why do we have to be financially invested, or even care about how much money is made, to get the right to call out, or flag dishonesty?

You don't think he's being dishonest, fine. That's your privilege. I think he is. That's my privilege. I have the right to say it.

And people are stupid. Especially when small amounts of money are concerned. It's easy to set up a reoccurring payment and forget about it so you cannot assume all patrons are happy with him. After all, Irredeemable still gets $123 a month.
It does feel like the main thing bothering you is how much money he's making, more so than the 'dishonesty', but at the end of the day he is making free content, the people supporting him don't suddenly become his bosses or supervisors, they just like what he's putting out and supporting him into realizing the full vision for the project. You think your $1/$3/$10 entitles you to demand anything out of him? Fair enough if you think he's scamming people, not giving it his all to develop the game, or being generally dishonest, don't give your money and just wait for the next release that you will always get for FREE regardless.

It's just incredible the complaints you can have when someone is releasing free content. It's not your money he's taking in, I'm assuming, so why is it any of your business what others choose to do with it? It just really comes off as someone being a little too concerned about how much money someone else is making for your perceived lack of progress.

I think it's awesome that there's some guys making this absurd amount of money every month, it's going to motivate others to put out quality products and the more this becomes prevalent, the more educated Patrons are going to be about what's worth putting your money into and what's not. And I get to enjoy all of that content for free, without really worrying about when the next release is, it's a better life than worrying about somebody's wallet or schedule. Trust me.

Reactions: j4yj4m and Omniel

polom

Sep 14, 2017

When I look at the work of japanese team in term of "level of quality", "fantasm concept" and "speed process", Summertime saga were obviously far overestimated since the early beginning :
- any actual pro drawer can make all actual game's art in less than a few week.
- even if you're coding your own VN engine with no initial knowledge in C++ (low programmation level), once you've made your engine, coding isn't that complex, especially for a VN and a point&click (i can tell since i am on this path).
- the base game story and concept can be found in japanese hentai since hentai is born in japan.
- updates barely add any content and tend to go in all direction (aunt, then blond girl, then sister, then blue hair, ...), nothing is finished in any ways.
- and since all optionnal story (blue hair girl, blond school girl, neiborough, ...) are all made on the same structure and seems to be rushed in a few scene from "early relationship" to "full sex intercourse" (like the 4 teachers), the game lose it's atmosphere at each restart because of the lack of progression and accomplishment feeling.
- the worst for me may be the lack of details care (as in japanese dev's optics). As exemple, the telescope stayed bugued from the beginning to now : when the father of the neighbourg girlfriend religious is supposed to have disappeared, he is still in bed at night.

But well, they were precursor to publish it in this format and while people continus to support them, what can you say : it's up to them to think if the frequence and the quality of update is satisfaying and worse the 2-10$/month or not.

Reactions: arigatogyro
4.10 star(s) 357 Votes