Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
One of the reasons it is hard to 'fix' the old saves for this particular game is that it doesn't just add new content to the end of the previous version, it sometimes add new content to previous parts of the story and/or modifies that previous content.

eg.
Most games: old version ends on day 12 and the new version adds days 13,14 & 15.
This game: old version ends on day 12 and the new version adds/changes days 3 (afternoon), 7 (morning), 9 (evening) as well as adding days 13,14 & 15.
A sure sign of poor product layout and development from the storytelling and/or planning phase. Eventually the game will be so big it will piss fans off more to have to re-do every single time than to work from a save. This is especially true when you can't necessarily "cheat" your way through like with the interlinked Agility testing and how it ties to the stories.

btpirg

Aug 7, 2016
A sure sign of poor product layout and development from the storytelling and/or planning phase. Eventually the game will be so big it will piss fans off more to have to re-do every single time than to work from a save. This is especially true when you can't necessarily "cheat" your way through like with the interlinked Agility testing and how it ties to the stories.
At that point wouldnt it make more sense to stop playing it until its done? Granted, you may lose people that forget about it after they have stopped replaying it monthly, but at some point, isnt that the players fault more then the Dev? You know what youre getting into when you play a game that isnt done, if you get upset about stuff like that you should probably just avoid beta's all together.

mattius77

May 16, 2017
I don't mind starting from scratch with each update as long as i can cheat my way to the new content./QUOTE]
Same here, but this game is fast nearing the point where do-overs will be more cumbersome than they're worth with every update. If we get to 0.22 and he tweaks a trigger from and week 1 event, people will bail.

greyelf

Nov 16, 2016
I have worked as a software developer/consultant for many many years and I have yet to see a project (even ones that were fully waterfall spec'ed and signed off before hand) that didn't have extra functionality (eg. content) added during the development phase, this is also true for RAD based projects that had pre-designed architecture / high level functionality specs.

As this RAD project is still in development and hasn't released a first version yet, and since the customers (the cookie team & the patrons) are still supplying spec changes/amendments then it is understandable that things break and that the interim builds contain bugs. This after all is what the user testing and user acceptance phases (eg. the patrons & anyone else playing the interim builds) are for.

Daijuna

Jul 4, 2017
Decided to try this game out as I wait for another to update. Was having a blast with it until I encountered a nasty bug...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
(Evidence of bug. As can be seen here, the map is greyed.)
Bug.PNG
Is there a fix to this (PLEASE) or am I screwed? :(

elserran

Jul 5, 2017
Decided to try this game out as I wait for another to update. Was having a blast with it until I encountered a nasty bug...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
(Evidence of bug. As can be seen here, the map is greyed.)
View attachment 21685
Is there a fix to this (PLEASE) or am I screwed? :(
It's no bug, you have to go to her room to progress.

4.00 star(s) 358 Votes