• Search is back up, but the index is being rebuilt, there may still be some minor problems until this is complete.

moi!moi!moi!

May 30, 2020
The problem is basically always the same. They decide more or less broadly what should be in the update, then DC writes down what he plans and often makes a post on patreon. But that's before the actual, detailed content is written and before they potentially add stuff because they think it benefits the update.
I mean, it's nothing new that he's terrible at predicting how long updates will actually take. It usually goes well for the small ones with limited content, like Consuela or 0.18.5 for Jenny, but for the longer ones they are always somewhat off. I mean, that's why there's never a set date and why he never actually commits to anything.

Once you know it, you can easily live with it and just factor it in. This whole creative and flexible workflow with lots of influence from picarto etc. is certainly nice to have but it has downsides, too.

Edit: It simply feels like they try to make it too "good" at times. If there's a decision to make and you too often go for the "takes more time but really helps the game" option, stuff adds up. Sometimes I'd wish they'd just return to simpler writing, simpler quests, less wallpaperscenes, less pregnancy, etc. because all of that just takes a lot of time which many people won't appreciate. Then again, I'm personally not in a hurry and I don't really care whether it takes a year or two longer or not.

Want to tell me again how everyone has a right to an opinion and can say what they want after you decided to report my messages? Lol

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Want to tell me again how everyone has a right to an opinion and can say what they want after you decided to report my messages? Lol
I certainly didn't report you. But mods will do housekeeping, no matter if it's reported or not - or someone else reported it, because it was obviously OT and because you decided to go ad hominem.

moi!moi!moi!

May 30, 2020
I certainly didn't report you. But mods will do housekeeping, no matter if it's reported or not - or someone else reported it, because it was obviously OT and because you decided to go ad hominem.
Yeah probably why you also deleted your reply to mine that was clearly also against TOS and ad hom just in time for jannies. But it's just a coincidence.

caju

Oct 5, 2017
Yeah probably why you also deleted your reply to mine that was clearly also against TOS and ad hom just in time for jannies. But it's just a coincidence.
You are definitely off topic now. Suggest you let the whole thing drop and move on.
Always a good idea to enhance your calm, citizen

Reactions: WSmith

Asia Argento

The Golden Dragon Princess
Donor
Apr 14, 2020
In all fairness, SS has about 15 hours of content (if you are like me and sift through all routes). Thats pretty impressive for a one man animation team.

Reactions: Yuioiuy99

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
The mods deleted my posts, too, obviously.

- Your post in the thread [Ren'Py] Summertime Saga [v0.20.1] [Kompas Productions]was deleted. Reason: General Rule #1 violations: cleanup

- Your post in the thread [Ren'Py] Summertime Saga [v0.20.1] [Kompas Productions]was deleted. Reason: General Rule #1 violations: cleanup
But yeah, you may think whatever you want if it suits your narrative. I don't care.

Last edited:
Reactions: WSmith

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
oh ok lol thanks that's even better a 56% is quite good I guess!
One should add that these 56% don't include reworks which still have to be done, like Debbie, Mia, Erik and the teachers. So in reality there's more left than the percentage would suggest.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Edit: It simply feels like they try to make it too "good" at times. If there's a decision to make and you too often go for the "takes more time but really helps the game" option, stuff adds up. Sometimes I'd wish they'd just return to simpler writing, simpler quests, less wallpaperscenes, less pregnancy, etc. because all of that just takes a lot of time which many people won't appreciate. Then again, I'm personally not in a hurry and I don't really care whether it takes a year or two longer or not.
Personally I don't wish to go back to those times, look at erik's story for example, compared to the new stuff it's really boring all the quests are just go buy this or go talk to this person. Mini games are not always the best but at least you have something different to do. As I said before the big mistake with 0.20.5 was DC saying that the split parts would take around 2 months each, we are already at the 3 month mark and the first part is not even close to being finished.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Personally I don't wish to go back to those times, look at erik's story for example, compared to the new stuff it's really boring all the quests are just go buy this or go talk to this person. Mini games are not always the best but at least you have something different to do. As I said before the big mistake with 0.20.5 was DC saying that the split parts would take around 2 months each, we are already at the 3 month mark and the first part is not even close to being finished.
Saying that, and the progress bar not being adjusted/corrected (thereby implying that the update would drop at the 50% mark), were the two mistakes.

I am still optimistic that we could get a surprise update soon ;)

Reactions: Ranma

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
^ August 1st is this weekend, watch it drop around that just to please the tinfoil-hatters and their milking theories

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
^I don't think it will drop that soon, maybe I understood it wrong but what I got from DC's stream yesterday is that the current tracker is only for the first part of 0.20.5.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Making sense wasn't part of the deal, only the craziest thing(s) can please the wackjobs seeing conspiracies everywhere

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Personally I don't wish to go back to those times, look at erik's story for example, compared to the new stuff it's really boring all the quests are just go buy this or go talk to this person. Mini games are not always the best but at least you have something different to do.
Oh, I totally agree that I don't want to go back to the old stuff, but I feel that at times a little more simplicity could be good, especally once we are talking about secondary and tertiary characters.

Reactions: TurtleKing9000

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
I'm sensing that the 4 h-scenes are 1 for melonia, 1 for Maria and 2 for iwanka
You're missing the mafia girl and the bank clerk. Maria is also not part of the "real" update since her scene(s) is/are from winning the poll.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes