srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
To be fair, DC always wanted to give a small arc/story to Kevin. I mean, he's talking about it as long as I can remember and he even put him on the to-do list years ago. The only thing that keeps him from doing it is time.

Edit: Of course that doesn't mean that anyone has to like it, but you should probably be prepared that there may be some content at some point.
It's not a gay game, but Eve can have a dick, and that's pretty gay if I do say so myself, and it's fine if you don't like it, just saying it is in fact kinda gay, mad respects for being a patron and modder, but just accept that the game is kinda jojo.
The fact is the game already has gay content. If you choose the trap route for Eve she has a pp and the mc sucks it. Men sucking dick = gay. Why are people even arguing about this?
people are so scared of seeing a dick it makes you wonder if they have ever looked at their own
ngl it's funny how defensive he gets about possible gay content
OK this is going in the wrong direction. What I wanted to say is this: This game is not gay as of now (apart from Eve who is not gay and also optional and Kevin who is only intended to get a gay content). I am in no way anti-gay. But i am not gay either. And I play this game because it is not gay and was not gay and hopefully will not be (too) gay. I am totally OK with gay people, I just do no want to see gay content in my game, that's all. Same goes for anal btw.

And here it comes: I am totally against people who want to hijack this game and want to make something out of it which it isn't. You can say this is optional anyway, but it takes effort to create the graphics, scenes and stories, which will be missing for content I would like to have. I know what I am talking about because I created mods for those scenes, and it doubles or triples the effort for gay and trans content. People are already complaining that for each release we get only four scenes or so, and if half of that would be anal or gay, I would stop supporting it.

I am OK with what we got so far because DC never had problems finishing the art part (it is already at 100% now) and the changes from vaginal to gay or even trans have been marginal so far. Also, he delivered a phantastic story. The day this changes, I am off.

Chagatai Khan

Jun 22, 2020
OK this is going in the wrong direction. What I wanted to say is this: This game is not gay as of now (apart from Eve who is not gay and also optional and Kevin who is only intended to get a gay content). I am in no way anti-gay. But i am not gay either. And I play this game because it is not gay and was not gay and hopefully will not be (too) gay. I am totally OK with gay people, I just do no want to see gay content in my game, that's all. Same goes for anal btw.

And here it comes: I am totally against people who want to hijack this game and want to make something out of it which it isn't. You can say this is optional anyway, but it takes effort to create the graphics, scenes and stories, which will be missing for content I would like to have. I know what I am talking about because I created mods for those scenes, and it doubles or triples the effort for gay and trans content. People are already complaining that for each release we get only four scenes or so, and if half of that would be anal or gay, I would stop supporting it.

I am OK with what we got so far because DC never had problems finishing the art part (it is already at 100% now) and the changes from vaginal to gay or even trans have been marginal so far. Also, he delivered a phantastic story. The day this changes, I am off.
Although I share your aversion to anal and gay sex (or trans/futa, NTR, scat, watersports and bestiality for that matter) in my own playthroughs, I don't see why it couldn't be a part of a game as long as it's completely avoidable. So far I have found that most games here allow you to avoid those fetishes, with the exception of anal (sadly).

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Well, I hope you don't have to do what you don't want to and if a poll comes up and patreons decide to turn this game into whatever you dislike...
Well, DC is well aware that it's very unpopular among his base. As far as I recall kevin was included in one of the very, very early polls and basically got 0%.

But then again, patrons don't really have a say in anything. Sure, they vote on which update is next, but that's of only out of the options DC provides, while every other poll doesn't really mean anything and DC tends to ignore them if he doesn't agree sooner or later. Like, right now we'll keep the choices and we'll get a widescreen update, while both of these options lost in their polls.

So in the end, everything that happens with the game is what DC (and to a degree his team) want and the influence of patrons when it comes to big decisions is small.

Reactions: BPLydia

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I'm confused, so... Is Owen gay for fucking Abby?

Well, I hope you don't have to do what you don't want to and if a poll comes up and patreons decide to turn this game into whatever you dislike it'll be cool if you are ok with it by that time, because loosing a modder ain't a good thing.
I stongly hope (and am kind of convinced) that it does not come to that. I was sceptical about (St)Eve but I can live with it because it was well done. I even modded the trans scenes. What I was thinking about was introducing a parameter that lets you not only skip anal or trans but makes it invisible so that you are not even confronted with the choice but can simply ignore it.

However, what I also wrote stays true: if there is too much of such content, it wll be at the cost of straight content, and I cannot be happy about that. There are already few enough scenes per update as it is now.

renzano

Jan 11, 2020
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/core/systems/logger.rpy", line 112, in <module>
  File "game/scripts/core/systems/logger.rpy", line 15, in __init__
AttributeError: 'Preferences' object has no attribute 'debug'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/core/systems/logger.rpyc", line 1, in script
  File "I:\Giochi P\vario\10-08\SummertimeSaga-0-20-1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "I:\Giochi P\vario\10-08\SummertimeSaga-0-20-1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
SummertimeSaga 0.20.1
Wed Aug 12 01:46:23 2020

Hi at all..
i have this error....

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/core/systems/logger.rpyc", line 1, in script
  File "I:\Giochi P\vario\10-08\SummertimeSaga-0-20-1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "I:\Giochi P\vario\10-08\SummertimeSaga-0-20-1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
SummertimeSaga 0.20.1
Wed Aug 12 01:46:23 2020

Hi at all..
i have this error....
Disable debug mode, or if you want debug mode enabled, see this post: https://f95zone.to/threads/summertime-saga-v0-20-1-kompas-productions.276/post-3995544

or install my mod (see signature)

Last edited:
Reactions: renzano and BPLydia

Chagatai Khan

Jun 22, 2020
I stongly hope (and am kind of convinced) that it does not come to that. I was sceptical about (St)Eve but I can live with it because it was well done. I even modded the trans scenes. What I was thinking about was introducing a parameter that lets you not only skip anal or trans but makes it invisible so that you are not even confronted with the choice but can simply ignore it.

However, what I also wrote stays true: if there is too much of such content, it wll be at the cost of straight content, and I cannot be happy about that. There are already few enough scenes per update as it is now.
In my previous reply I hadn't considered that adding gay/trans content would be at the cost of straight content. With that in mind I fully understand your reasoning and I'm hoping that DC will focus on straight content exclusively. Your suggestion for making anal/trans content invisible would be a very good addition indeed!

• Angry
Reactions: Garbage

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Unless proven otherwise : Kevin will still get a route update. Probably 1 of the last and 5 years away, but he's still there. DC might 360 noscope us and remove that down the line, but for now, we must wait in fear of the M-M fetish lurking about

theflightless

Jul 17, 2020
very interesting discussion, i feel as though, if the Dev wants to add that content, it would be wrong to draw in an audience for it in one update ad not continue to keep those same people into it by adding more of the same content into the game in the next one. the same goes for adding straight content (as he has) and then completely cutting them off in updates after. and doing 50/50 Isn't sustainable from how it sounds. i love this game and it will probably be the first game i ever patron for. i completely understand the argument not wanting to see that type of content in the game because I am in that same position. with a game already so broad and complex, ambitious and well thought out. is an entire new genre really wise over all? In other words trying to please too many people at once is impossible and i feel he has really well crafted the genres hes is trying to make in the game, if this games says it has pregnancy, let me show (i forget how many characters) have pregnancy, you want incest? let me introduce you to your, sister, aunt, mom etc what he choose's to add to the game and make a part of it is usually fully committed and i feel the same approach would have to be taken with trans, futa or gay. If i were him ( keep in mind i have no made a god damn line of code in my whole life) i would keep pleasing the audience you already have, dont tease and cuck an entire other audience when yours is already so large. Its a hard decision but i he has his mind set on making that content i would add enough of it to justify it being known as part of the game just as he hasn't half done other parts of the game such as pregnancy or incest. I would take a poll just to see where the community stands, and if its a matter of him wanting to do it and the community not wanting to then keep doing what the community wants but not at the sacrifice of your vision and happiness for what you are making, i personally dont even like some of the kinks hes added such as pregnancy but i feel as though they have a justified inclusion, for a game where you cum inside girls all day i could see why the inclusion of such content due to how many people who seeing creampies probably like pregnancy it just makes sense, even if i dont like it. and that means more patrons and happy fans to keep this game alive and making better content that i like later on, il deal with it. or he could keep doing what he did with eve, adding one thing at a time every once in a while when the polls decide or the itch hits you. just dont draw in a fan-base with what looks like gay content when all you've added is one scene and now they will all be upset and then all your straight fans will be upset and now everybodys upset and ive been typing for way too long now

zqsbunny

Jul 29, 2018
umm guy why i cant unlock futher for debbie quest... it new game.. do i need do jenny 1st in order to unlock it?

MorbidViews21

Aug 3, 2019

I don't see the problem in adding gay content if it' avoidable. Same with anal. Their's already anal in the game. Plus i think he said he will add in gay content when the game is nearly complete. Adding different sex scenes isn't exactly hijacking a game.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I don't see the problem in adding gay content if it' avoidable. Same with anal. Their's already anal in the game. Plus i think he said he will add in gay content when the game is nearly complete. Adding different sex scenes isn't exactly hijacking a game.
I would (and did) argue against each of your statements. And now?

You would want this game to become something different, and even if you don't like the wording, this is what I call hijacking.

MorbidViews21

Aug 3, 2019
I would (and did) argue against each of your statements. And now?

You would want this game to become something different, and even if you don't like the wording, this is what I call hijacking.
Your argument's aren't good. Their basically saying i don't like it,so they shouldn't be in the game. hijacking a game is changing game play that was already previously established. For good or for worse. You're just being a baby.

Reactions: Beran and Garbage
4.10 star(s) 359 Votes