Chagatai Khan

Jun 22, 2020
I really wish people would realize despite having incest in the game Summertime Saga is not an incest game.
Yeah incest is actually a very small part of the game.
I'm aware of that, however that doesn't mean I can't voice my hope that it will get more incest material. To be honest though, I would prefer more pregnancies, pregnant sex or lactation over more incest content.

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
Honest question, do you guys actually care about the girls in the Rump family? My main issue with this update is that DC is focusing on them and I couldn't care less about either Iwanka or Melonia or whatever her name is.
nah i don't give a shit, i want him to move on to the rhonda update but then again i didn't care for the bank girl before and she was kind of a nice surprise so i don't know maybe he finds a way for me to care about the rump girls. iwanka at least doesn't look bad.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
yes i can...
So which error is it you get now when you install the game fresh with no mods installed and the persistent file deleted?

1. AttributeError: 'Preferences' object has no attribute 'debug'
2. NameError: global name 'recovery_stack' is not defined

You wrote:
I tried the last part of the change "Go into the% appdata% \ RenPy \ SummertimeSaga folder and delete the" persistent "file. Go into the <summertime saga> \ game \ saves folder and delete the same file. See if the game can now start. " but I haven't been able to do it"
Why haven't you been able to do that and what happed instead?

Reactions: renzano

renzano

Jan 11, 2020
So which error is it you get now when you install the game fresh with no mods installed and the persistent file deleted?

1. AttributeError: 'Preferences' object has no attribute 'debug'
2. NameError: global name 'recovery_stack' is not defined
number 1

Why haven't you been able to do that and what happed instead?

I couldn't find the file, inside the folder. I found one in another folder but if I delete it, the game doesn't even start

Somnus

Oct 12, 2017
Honest question, do you guys actually care about the girls in the Rump family? My main issue with this update is that DC is focusing on them and I couldn't care less about either Iwanka or Melonia or whatever her name is.
For me, they're definetely more attractive than Maria and Josephine. Iwanka has the same body as Jenny, one of the hottest characters. Melonia is an agressive cougar. The fact bikini scenes have been teased make me more excited. Also, Rump is a scumbag and possibly killed my father, it'll be satisfying NTRing the shit out of him.

Reactions: Omniel

mattius77

May 16, 2017
The only appeal of the Rump ladies is that they are clear avatars of real people that many people (*ahem*) would possibly enjoy hate-fucking. Honestly, there's no other interest for me.

I'm not one of these "DC is milking his Patrons!" whiners, but it seems to me like he's sort of lost control of his development a bit. He's just adding more fuckables that don't really advance anything in any meaningful way. Then again, like all these ncest games, once you get Mom to give up the nookie, it's all gravy after that.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
I mean the entire point of 0.20 is/was to find out who killed MC's notdad. We now know it's them soviet bois and that they're working with Rump. It also happens Mario Tony has a history with them and Rump somehow got a mad wife and slut daughter. This being a h-game, stuff's gotta happen including schlongs and thots. Now whether any of this has good writing is another question

mattius77

May 16, 2017
I really wish people would realize despite having incest in the game Summertime Saga is not an incest game.
That's one of those "as time has gone on" kind of things. When it started, you banged Mom, Aunt Diane, Jenny and observing Mrs Johnson and Erik being close (and eventually joining in). So it's core is very much family playtime.

And if you extend the concept to include "maternal figures", you've got 4 school teachers, Helen, Crystal, Roz, Maria, Tina, and on the horizon there's like half a dozen other potential fuckable "moms" in future versions.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I'm not one of these "DC is milking his Patrons!" whiners, but it seems to me like he's sort of lost control of his development a bit. He's just adding more fuckables that don't really advance anything in any meaningful way. Then again, like all these ncest games, once you get Mom to give up the nookie, it's all gravy after that.
In the end that happened years ago when he promised that basically every female in the game would be fuckable and would get pregnant. Now these promises are kind of catching up to him and it's a lot of work to construct at least a little, little bit of plot for all of them, so they don't end up like Micoe, Crystal or Roz who just offer sex out of nowhere.

I'm personally kind of undecided about it. On one hand I'd like to return to stuff that's a bit more meaningful to the game and would have liked a shorter and more focussed main story, but then again, I actually like these small B and C stories like Consuela and Josephine quite a bit. They make the game so much more substancial than most other ones on the market.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sync and SlowDance

PePeTheCoCk

Apr 6, 2020
I'd actually agree that her second art looks somewhat better but sadly it seems pretty much impossible to produce the whole game on that level without a massive increase in time needed for the art.
Would agree if the updates really became faster by sacrificing the quality...
Unfortunately the opposite is true.

Remember when he said once the rig system is implemented the art will be done much faster.
Didn't happen

He's not even trying to find a new artist
+ DC works at a slower rate than before.

SSBBSNAKE

Jul 27, 2017
I was thinking of making a summertime saga mod for honey select 1, if anyone is interesed I have done almost all the summertime ladies in that game from big momma debbie to prototype jackie (rhonda's mom leaked model)

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Would agree if the updates really became faster by sacrificing the quality...
Unfortunately the opposite is true.
Remember when he said once the rig system is implemented the art will be done much faster.
Didn't happen
I think that's mainly because the content increased that much (better poses, quests, pregnancy, cut scenes, animations, day/evening/night versions, etc.). If the game would be as simple as it was at the start, like before ~0.14, it would probably have lead to an increase in speed. But by now there's just so much more stuff in it per update, that it's really hard to compare. Else I'd say the overall focus shifted quite a bit, back then, as we see in those Jenny pics, he basically only focussed on boobs and the belly area, while everything else was "just some lines", many early characters were way too orange and the faces were really bad at times, while now every character is actually consistantly well made - across the the whole game it's one style and one level of quality.

The rig system on the other hand was mainly for added flexibilty and for keeping android players on board. Given how popular the mobile version seems to be by now, it was certainly the right decision from a business point of view.

He's not even trying to find a new artist
+ DC works at a slower rate than before.
Both of that is probably true. I mean, back when he started he still had no kids, worked all day and did even drunk night streams. Now he's got three kids etc. (all of which are currently at home thanks to Covid) which will of course impact the time he spends working to more normal hours. I mean, it's nothing new that updates take time and it's not like he's promising fast updates. The game is free, so there's no loss by not pledging or by reducing the pledge to a lower level.

The artist stuff was discussed often and I don't think his position on that changed during these last years. People are free to apply but it has to be perfect or he won't consider it, maily because he doesn't want to spend time on instructing and correcting other people's work.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sync

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I couldn't find the file, inside the folder. I found one in another folder but if I delete it, the game doesn't even start
That cannot be because if you install the game fresh (never had it installed before) there will not be any such file. The game creates it when started. So it is totally safe to delete it because that would be as if you freshly installed the game -- which is why I told you to delete it.

Are you sure you deleted the correct one. There are two identical copies:
  • One in <summertime saga>\game\saves
  • One in %appdata%\RenPy\SummertimeSaga
The second one is a generic path, normally this is the same as C:\Users\<your user>\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\SummertimeSaga

poodles

Aug 7, 2017
DC made another huge mistake he said on today's stream that they are getting ready to release the update next week. Not even the writting tasks are finished yet and he still has like half of the code tasks to finish.
Is that true? If so, I’m down.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Is that true? If so, I’m down.
It's good if he is able to release it next week, I just don't see it happening when they still have so many tasks to finish, and bug testing usually takes a lot of time. And even if he releases it next week it will probably be in the weekend so don't get your hopes too high.

Reactions: PePeTheCoCk

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
I wouldn't say DC has lost control over development of the game, I would simply say he's focused on the wrong part of it. It probably would have been better for people playing the game if he had gone main story, Ronda, main story, Annie, main story complete.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes