Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
We weren't supposed to get 3 versions of 0.20 (or whatever number the main story might have got through the polls). It just bloated that huge after DC started working on it. Maybe 1 gigantic update taking the whole year could even have been better than the triple splittening we got instead. The mega-epic rage though, that would be 1 for the archives

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
As of right now yeah pregnancy for the most part is kinda meaningless. The reason why people want pregnancy is so you can have sex with the girls while they are pregnant. The only two characters where pregnancy is relevant in their story are Maria and Diane. Diane wants to get pregnant to increase milk production and MC needs to get Maria pregnant because tony is sterile.

Last edited:
Reactions: TurtleKing9000

ScottyLQ

Apr 28, 2017
How long ago did 0.20 release? 2 moths? 3? I checked the patreon and it says 20.5 80% done.

jaydillah

Oct 28, 2018
I have a random question if anyone can help me out. I remember playing a game that was kind of like this or Taffy Tales - hand drawn art, sandbox style game. Male MC lived with his mom and 2 sisters. There was a clothing system that required different outfits for different jobs, etc. A lesbian friend who lived next door. There was lady you had to work for who made your character crossdress.

Am I going nuts or does anyone else remember what this was called? I can't seem to find it here. Either I'm crazy, really bad at searching, or it was deleted. Or maybe all of the above.

EDIT: It was this, if anyone was wondering. No wonder I couldn't find it: https://f95zone.to/threads/hermaphr...-the-missing-specimens-v0-7d-fapforce5.18107/

Last edited:

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
The pregnancy thing in the game is meaningless to me and doesn't add any value tbh.
As of right now yeah pregnancy for the most part is kinda meaningless. The reason why people want pregnancy is so you can have sex with the girls while they are pregnant. The only two characters where pregnancy is relevant in their story are Maria and Diane. Diane wants to get pregnant to increase milk production and MC needs to get Maria pregnant because tony is sterile.
My mod lets you have pregnant sex with Jenny. More to come.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
DC made another huge mistake he said on today's stream that they are getting ready to release the update next week. Not even the writting tasks are finished yet and he still has like half of the code tasks to finish.
Well, something like that happens almost every update. People ask him several times every day and at some point he says something. Last time he said the last tasks would be done very soon and bug testing would start at the end of that week, while it actually took a week longer.

So him underestimating the time his team takes to wrap things up once the art is done isn't really new, but at least it means that they are probably not that far away from finishing that stuff.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Well, something like that happens almost every update. People ask him several times every day and at some point he says something. Last time he said the last tasks would be done very soon and bug testing would start at the end of that week, while it actually took a week longer.

So him underestimating the time his team takes to wrap things up once the art is done isn't really new, but at least it means that they are probably not that far away from finishing that stuff.
That is true people bother him a lot, asking for the release date. But I don't think it's a good idea to give people a date or a time frame of when the game might be released if you're not 100% sure you can deliver. It will only upset people and make them bother him even more.

PePeTheCoCk

Apr 6, 2020
I think that's mainly because the content increased that much (better poses, quests, pregnancy, cut scenes, animations, day/evening/night versions, etc.). If the game would be as simple as it was at the start, like before ~0.14, it would probably have lead to an increase in speed. But by now there's just so much more stuff in it per update, that it's really hard to compare. Else I'd say the overall focus shifted quite a bit, back then, as we see in those Jenny pics, he basically only focussed on boobs and the belly area, while everything else was "just some lines", many early characters were way too orange and the faces were really bad at times, while now every character is actually consistantly well made - across the the whole game it's one style and one level of quality.

The rig system on the other hand was mainly for added flexibilty and for keeping android players on board. Given how popular the mobile version seems to be by now, it was certainly the right decision from a business point of view.

Both of that is probably true. I mean, back when he started he still had no kids, worked all day and did even drunk night streams. Now he's got three kids etc. (all of which are currently at home thanks to Covid) which will of course impact the time he spends working to more normal hours. I mean, it's nothing new that updates take time and it's not like he's promising fast updates. The game is free, so there's no loss by not pledging or by reducing the pledge to a lower level.

The artist stuff was discussed often and I don't think his position on that changed during these last years. People are free to apply but it has to be perfect or he won't consider it, maily because he doesn't want to spend time on instructing and correcting other people's work.
Wasn't the rig system for copy pasting limbs on characters ?
If that would be true the development of the game would really save a lot of time.

Best way to compare how slow he became is by comparing the roxxy update with main story update

I myself have 4 kids & i have to work even more (cause of the non family friendly politics in my country...)
Yeah i know DC earns so much that he don't have to work more, but he's not even working at the same speed as 2 years ago.
(Like you said the consistency in his streams aren't that tight like it was)
My point is it is possible, i would say its not cause he is a tripple daddy now but he became lazy over time.
Remember 0.19.5 wasn't a small update (he worked only 2 months on it), but since 2020 his workflow changed.

& even if its because he don't have enough time there are possiblities to cure this problem with hiring help.
Where there is a will, there's a way.

BTW while we speaking about comparison:
There is a new talent around the corner Jamliz with Sexnote releasing updates every 2 months.
(have 2 admit ss is overall a better game (right now) but he don't have the same resources and his game is not even a year old)

Reactions: AtreaNea

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
That is true people bother him a lot, asking for the release date. But I don't think it's a good idea to give people a date or a time frame of when the game might be released if you're not 100% sure you can deliver. It will only upset people and make them bother him even more.
Maybe this only means that the progress tracker tracks the whole update, not only the first part, and DC speaks about the first part only being readied now, as most of us thought it was meant initially. But we will only know once it's done.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Maybe this only means that the progress tracker tracks the whole update, not only the first part, and DC speaks about the first part only being readied now, as most of us thought it was meant initially. But we will only know once it's done.
He said on stream that the tracker is only for the first part. He already has the art at 100% and he is still working on content on stream for the main story.

Reactions: TurtleKing9000

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
If that would be true the development of the game would really save a lot of time.

Best way to compare how slow he became is by comparing the roxxy update with main story update

I myself have 4 kids & i have to work even more (cause of the non family friendly politics in my country...)
Yeah i know DC earns so much that he don't have to work more, but he's not even working at the same speed as 2 years ago.
My point is it is possible, i would say its not cause he is a tripple daddy now but he became lazy over time.
Remember 0.19.5 wasn't a small update (he worked only 2 months on it), but since 2020 his workflow changed.

& even if its because he don't have enough time there are possiblities to cure this problem with hiring help.

There is a new talent around the corner Jamliz with Sexnote releasing updates every 2 months.
(have 2 admit ss is overall a better game (right now) but he don't have the same resources and his game is not even a year old)
I actually tried Sex Note as it was hyped here, but it does in no way compare to SS. Animations are rediculous. Sure, SS animations were even worse in the beginning, but once they become comparable, we will see how fast they will deliver.

And on hiring help: you are aware that he already did that in the past and it did not *quite* work out, yes?

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
It is, but for drawing purposes it doesn't really matter, since it's the same work whether you draw and save it as a seperate image in 3 layers or whehter you save it in one as it was done before. I mean, he always copypasted limbs, even before the rig system. In fact posing probably takes longer now, given that there's a lot more to take care for.

The rig system certainly makes things way more organized and simply saves massive amounts of space.

If you literally worked "all day" 7 days a week as he did before, there's only one way your workload realistically can go and that's down. I mean, what's the point of working at home if you literally can't spend time with your kids then. Sure, he has to work but I personally totally understand that he has a more normal schedule now.
That's to a degree because he doesn't want to spoil things anymore. Years ago in the beginning he streamed almost everything and you'd know excatly what would happen each update. By now he keeps most of the interesting stuff secret.
Well, 0.19.5 wasn't that big but in 2020 many things happend, not the least all his kids are at home now which certainly doesn't help. I'll personally wait until the whole main story stuff is done before I judge the whole thing, especially since he actually got his 3rd child while 0.20.0 was in development.
I personally think he doesn't want to end up where he was before. Keep in mind that he worked in a slightly elevated position in the animation industry before he started this and it always sounds like he didn't like that job at all. If he now hires a huge drawing/animation team he'll do that same coordination job again when he actually wants to draw his game himself.

It's his decision and people will have to respect it. If they don't agree they can always not give money and play the game for free.
There are always threshholds to consider. The problem for 2D games like SS, SexNote and others start once you need more artists because that requires a huge step upwards and a big change of your workflow.

PePeTheCoCk

Apr 6, 2020
I actually tried Sex Note as it was hyped here, but it does in no way compare to SS. Animations are rediculous. Sure, SS animations were even worse in the beginning, but once they become comparable, we will see how fast they will deliver.
Both are handdrawn h games.
Have tons of different girls, sex scenes & quests

The big differenc is SS have a much bigger team & resources + its already over 4 years in development.
Resulting in more content, art & animations.

And on hiring help: you are aware that he already did that in the past and it did not *quite* work out, yes?
Im not was there really a time where he hired another artist ?

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
I wouldn't say DC has lost control over development of the game, I would simply say he's focused on the wrong part of it. It probably would have been better for people playing the game if he had gone main story, Ronda, main story, Annie, main story complete.
yeah i agree, i have no idea why is so focused on doing the main story for a whole year. i honestly doubt that was what the people who voted for story wanted when they voted for it. doing main girl --> story ---> main girl --> story would have been way better. the story updates would have been a nice change of pace between school girls and milfs but it's been such a long time just characters nobody cares THAT much about. well maybe he has his reasons, it just sucks that even after this update comes out there will be another update with more story next.

Last edited:

dude4real

Apr 24, 2020
I actually like these small B and C stories like Consuela and Josephine quite a bit. They make the game so much more substancial than most other ones on the market.
Consuela is best milf. Want to see add option to give oral pleasing when she on knees (actuslly, more MC eat pussy of all girls in game). I love Eve/Odet/Graec very much, but Consuela is epicly yummy

Would also like "gross" face and reaction remove for Roz. Game a lot about body positivity and Roz just frisky old lady, no reason to old shame. And MC clearly got off on gumjob. Would like "shocked but happy" faces and words instead.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Both are handdrawn h games.
Have tons of different girls, sex scenes & quests

The big differenc is SS have a much bigger team & resources + its already over 4 years in development.
Resulting in more content, art & animations.

Im not was there really a time where he hired another artist ?
How is art the bottleneck, when it's at 100% since two weeks already? Bottleneck is coding. They hired coders in the past and it did not work out.

And it has been said several times that DC wants his art style met, absolutely, with no compromise whatsoever. A hired artist would have to copy it to perfection.

But that doesn't matter at all since, as said, art is not the bottleneck here.

Haise01

Jul 29, 2018
It's been a while since I played this game but apparently there's something going on with dev...
Anyway I just wanted more Roxxy content :cry:

Reactions: GeneGodHand

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Outside of you not paying any attention to either this place, the Patreon page, main page, Discord, and many other fine places, you'll need to wait about 4+ years before Roxxy gets more stuff .......

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes