Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Yeah if a girl already has a story update finished, don't expect any more content for her anytime soon.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Is the incest patch literally what it is? The game doesn't allow incest and this patch that?
Incest patch will change 3 names/status : notmom, notsis, notaunt. Everything else stays the same. You could probably do the same thing just by editing some files and changing them to whatever you want

Reactions: Kanzphan

PePeTheCoCk

Apr 6, 2020
How is art the bottleneck, when it's at 100% since two weeks already? Bottleneck is coding. They hired coders in the past and it did not work out.

And it has been said several times that DC wants his art style met, absolutely, with no compromise whatsoever. A hired artist would have to copy it to perfection.

But that doesn't matter at all since, as said, art is not the bottleneck here.
Art is the bottleneck in every handdrawn h game.
(Taffy Tales, Amity Park, Summertime Saga, House Chores, Zombie's Retreat, Town Of Passion, Sex Note.

Coding is done in few weeks.
For the Art most devs need several months.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
We got +2% since last night, we might get to 99% this week and then wait another month for the debug step to happen

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
Art is the bottleneck in every handdrawn h game.
(Taffy Tales, Amity Park, Summertime Saga, House Chores, Zombie's Retreat, Town Of Passion, Sex Note.

Coding is done in few weeks.
For the Art most devs need several months.
That's not what a bottleneck is. A bottleneck is a point of congestion, which in the case of game development refers to when things are coming together for completion. Art can be a bottleneck, but for the most part the programming and posing are the actual hold up points in the development of Summertime Saga as programming is where bugs start popping up and said bugs slow down the process. You're mistaking an aspect of a game that takes a while as a bottleneck. A bottleneck is a hold up, the art is not a hold up.

DiTo

Aug 31, 2018
Finally getting closer to the completion of the main story. It has been a while but it's getting there.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Finally getting closer to the completion of the main story. It has been a while but it's getting there.
I've been itching for story content but those Mafia fuckfaces are everywhere when I'm trying to keep my cash in the bank.
Even RIGHT OUTSIDE the effing bank. That pisses me off so much I savescum it so they're not outside the bank.

PePeTheCoCk

Apr 6, 2020
That's not what a bottleneck is. A bottleneck is a point of congestion, which in the case of game development refers to when things are coming together for completion. Art can be a bottleneck, but for the most part the programming and posing are the actual hold up points in the development of Summertime Saga as programming is where bugs start popping up and said bugs slow down the process. You're mistaking an aspect of a game that takes a while as a bottleneck. A bottleneck is a hold up, the art is not a hold up.
Like you said the bottleneck is a hold up, the other team members have to wait until the art is completely finished only after that they can complete there tasks.
So in other words, the coder have to wait until the art is done.
He had several coders already panda, the croatian dude, some others & now strayerror none of them could complete there work before DC delivered.
Thats not because there slow at programming but because they have to wait until 100% of all art assets are done.
His crew is dependent on the artist's work (It is not for nothing that there are priorities)

renzano

Jan 11, 2020
hello everyone, I tried to delete the game and start it from the original, then with the mods, then without, then with the files you sent, then I started and managed to play another ren'py game. ..but nothing ... he does not want to start ... I realized that I had a previous version inside another folder (which worked), I tried to keep that as a base and overwrite the new one on it, maybe there were some fies good, but nothing ... even that crashes.

I'll wait for a new update, maybe with that I won't have problems.

Thanks for all the help

Deleted member 435

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Modder
Donor
Aug 6, 2016
I haven't spoken much on this thread since it's usually a clusterfuck of hate and defending DC but I will say that for all the shit he gets he still is reliable on continuous updates. The game is so popular because of his unique art style and just how much potential the game has if managed correctly. I've been following the guy since he had a few hundred dollars being donated to him on Patreon (around his 1st or 2nd release of the game) and I am happy to see him get the amount of money he is getting. I just wish he narrowed it down a bit with his grasp of the project for every update and focus on the core update elements. Leave pregnancy for after-story content updates(post 1.0 release) or until he have fulfills his promise of a majority of women being fuckable in the game.

Also I'm happy he is being somewhat cautious and demanding of putting in a new artist to help him, I believe his art style is one of the driving forces to why the game is so popular and it's understandable why he would want someone who can replicate it well,this is one of the few H-games that I still look forward to playing new updates in.

The pregnancy thing in the game is meaningless to me and doesn't add any value tbh.
It's one of the repetitive features that takes up DC's time for every update he does, I get hat he cuts corners and just replaces heads for the girls when it comes to the hospital scenes but it does add up over time and he could be utilizing his time on finishing updates quicker or adding different scenes than just doing expanded stomachs etc. I think it's a feature that should be in the game but shouldn't of been added unless it was vital to the main story or until the game was complete and as bonus filler.

Just my 2 cents though, at the end of the day a majority of his patrons decide with polls on content, which I have no problem with. I moreso have a problem with how the polls are constructed and include pregnancies for the girls because why not apparently...?

Last edited:

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
Like you said the bottleneck is a hold up, the other team members have to wait until the art is completely finished only after that they can complete there tasks.
He had several coders already panda, the croatian dude, some others & now strayerror none of them could complete there work before DC delivered.
Thats not because there slow at programming but because they have to wait until 100% of all art assets are done.
His crew is dependent on the artist's work (It is not for nothing that there are priorities)
Again, that's not a bottleneck. You're mistaking development for a bottleneck. The artwork is the fucking contents of the bottle, which upon delivery is then bottlenecked by what needs to be done with it. Whichever pieces of the process hold up progress at that point is the bottleneck. Look at a bottle. It's not a hard concept to figure out and insisting upon your incorrect view on it isn't going to magically make you any less wrong.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Do you know how, for example, a Disney movie is made? I guess not. In the earlier stages, no art is available or finished at all, only concept art (pencil drawn b&w still images). Nonetheless they already have a script and first scene arrangements, even dialogs are done as prototypes. They have something to work on and to present to stakeholders without even one single image ready.

The very same can be done without any problem in a renpy game. You only need to have placeholders as images (ideally with the same name already that the completed image will get) and you are all done. No coder, poser or writer has to wait on any image. Absolutely no bottleneck here.

What is more: as I said, art is already finished. One hundred percent. Done. Finito. So please explain again why this should hinder progress in any way...

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I think you are talking past each other. Art is what determins the overall speed and as long as DC won't hire another artist, he could hire as many coders and posers as he wants and the overall speed wouldn't really change. If he needs 12 months to draw the main story art, thats about as long as the updates will take. To me that's a bottleneck, if other people prefer others words for it, so be it.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes