srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hello folks,

just stopping by to bring you a nice update of the while waiting for the real one ;) Version 3.04 let's you have more pregnant sex, this time with Josephine.

Version 0.20.1-3.04:
  • Bang Josephine when pregnant! Complete with sloppy seconds.
  • Fixed the Tony introduction scene at pizzeria when it triggered late at night due to some strange circumstances (normally not possible).
  • Small fixes to the game menu.
Have fun!

Dkznikolaj

Dec 16, 2017
So, i have this very odd bug... I started the game today (patch 20.1), and every time i close the game and then load up a save, the school quests have all been reset.

If i go from one save to another, it doesn't do it. But if i reopen the entire program, it completely deletes it all, and i have to do all the french, music, science and things over again.

I haven't modded the game, and I redownloaded.

PePeTheCoCk

Apr 6, 2020
Art is what determins the overall speed and as long as DC won't hire another artist, he could hire as many coders and posers as he wants and the overall speed wouldn't really change. If he needs 12 months to draw the main story art, thats about as long as the updates will take. To me that's a bottleneck, if other people prefer others words for it, so be it.
Nailed it!

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I think you are talking past each other. Art is what determins the overall speed and as long as DC won't hire another artist, he could hire as many coders and posers as he wants and the overall speed wouldn't really change. If he needs 12 months to draw the main story art, thats about as long as the updates will take. To me that's a bottleneck, if other people prefer others words for it, so be it.
Yeah and how come that art is 100% finished and he already draws art for the next update? No 12 months that I see...

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
So, i have this very odd bug... I started the game today (patch 20.1), and every time i close the game and then load up a save, the school quests have all been reset.

If i go from one save to another, it doesn't do it. But if i reopen the entire program, it completely deletes it all, and i have to do all the french, music, science and things over again.

I haven't modded the game, and I redownloaded.
Close the game and delete the two files:
  • %appdata%\RenPy\SummertimeSaga\persistent
  • <Summertime Saga>\game\saves\persistent
Start again and see if that helps. I would advise to also start a new game and not load an existing save.

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
I think you are talking past each other. Art is what determins the overall speed and as long as DC won't hire another artist, he could hire as many coders and posers as he wants and the overall speed wouldn't really change. If he needs 12 months to draw the main story art, thats about as long as the updates will take. To me that's a bottleneck, if other people prefer others words for it, so be it.
You do not know what a bottleneck is. Development time is not a bottleneck. If that was the case then 100% of everything would be a bottleneck. Need to put on shoes? Well you better hope you already have socks on, if you wear them, otherwise your shoes are bottlenecked! Need to have lunch? Better hope your mom made you every lunch you'll ever eat for your entire life to avoid the bottleneck of having lunch. Hell, did you get a feeding tube installed? If not then you're going to experience the bottleneck of actually eating your food. Want to die at the age of 97? Too bad, you have to experience the bottleneck of living for 96 years first! Want to change your clothes? Well you're going to experience the bottleneck of taking your current clothing off to do so. And so on and so forth. The only time a bottleneck exists is when it's a hold up in the process, making the primary content of the game is not a hold up. The only time a bottleneck is actually a bottleneck would be when the various parts of a project are coming together and something holds them up. Which in this situation requires the artwork to be finished since it's the primary content of the game. Something being slow does not make it a bottleneck. Can certain aspects of the art be a bottleneck for the rest of it? Sure, but the art itself cannot bottleneck the rest of the game.

Reactions: Tehemai

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Jesus chalupa! Will you guys just stop trying to prove how you're right and the other guy is wrong?!
I've never seen such pointless arguments with only an intent to gank a thread!
Private messages exist for a reason. Now can we PLEASE get back to talking about that GAME?

You're not talking about the game. You're talking about bottlenecks, development time and how the other guy is wrong.
PLEASE STOP.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Yeah and how come that art is 100% finished and he already draws art for the next update? No 12 months that I see...
Because we aren't looking at one single update but at the whole development until it's done or at least at several updates. Right now DC is already drawing art for the next update(s) and right now the size of his teams fits the art. If he'd hire more coders and posers, for example, they'd probably sit on their hands most of the time. I mean, there's a reason why the team is actually smaller now, than it was at times, when he had two coders and 1 to 2 posers. I asked him myself a while ago if he'd consider replacing Dogeek but he said he'd only do if there's a need.

@Oriandu:
I think we talked past eachother massively. The base assumption is simply that DC can always hire more coders and posers but won't get a second artist. That's all we talk about. And by that definition the speed and time until the game is finished (fingers crossed) will be determined by how fast DC creates the art. If he needs another 4 years to draw all the art that's needed to finish, the game will be done in 4 years and a few weeks, no matter whether he expands his team or not.

Reactions: PePeTheCoCk

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
hello everyone, I tried to delete the game and start it from the original, then with the mods, then without, then with the files you sent, then I started and managed to play another ren'py game. ..but nothing ... he does not want to start ... I realized that I had a previous version inside another folder (which worked), I tried to keep that as a base and overwrite the new one on it, maybe there were some fies good, but nothing ... even that crashes.

I'll wait for a new update, maybe with that I won't have problems.

Thanks for all the help
What the actual buttfuck are you even doing ? No wonder the game is trying to commit sudoku everytime you start it up. And no update will fix that amount of trash you left with all the modding and 2-3 versions floating around your PC

vitaminRZN

Oct 4, 2018
Tell me, a chemistry teacher needs a controller. Eric says he's in the tree house. I climb in there. And he is not there

IZenithI

Apr 19, 2020
DC made another huge mistake he said on today's stream that they are getting ready to release the update next week. Not even the writting tasks are finished yet and he still has like half of the code tasks to finish.
Well idk about the update coming this week but progress is up to 87% :unsure:

Reactions: ragbat

WSmith

Jul 25, 2018
What the actual buttfuck are you even doing ? No wonder the game is trying to commit sudoku everytime you start it up. And no update will fix that amount of trash you left with all the modding and 2-3 versions floating around your PC
Sudoku? : D That's a hilarious typo, or if that is done on purpose it's just genius : D

IZenithI

Apr 19, 2020
Bug testing always takes at least a week. It would surprise me a lot if he releases the update this week.
Yh for sure, bug testing will probably be much shorter than the last update though since the last one reworked the story structure and flow so much breaking routes and other things.

Juidas

May 14, 2019
Tell me, a chemistry teacher needs a controller. Eric says he's in the tree house. I climb in there. And he is not there
When I climbed into the tree house the controller was there, was I meant to put it back for other people?? I gave it to the computer nerd who took the control board out which is what the teacher wanted

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes