BurninU

Sep 29, 2019
Now I'm not being a hater but why does Darkcookie take 4 to 5 months to release an update? It's NOT like SS is the absolute best VN/game out there or even the new releases are amazing (they're NOT). It's the money.

If SO many patrons are donating SO much every month why rush? If you do the math He's bringing $266,900 gross every 4 months or $333,625 every 5 months.

Until people start pulling their donations, He'll continue to milk it as long as possible. He probably watches this and other Forums to see how long before people REALLY start to complain and figured 4-5 months is 'the sweet spot'. As soon as donations start to drop, you'll get his attention. I mean we're talking Call of Duty on Xbox money here! People are going to do what they wanna do, BUT am I wrong?

Darkcookies with LOTS of M-I-L-K!

View attachment 778065
Darkcookie hard at work. cha-ching! $$$$ Suckers!

PS: If he doesn't care if you stop donating, maybe he doesn't need the money?

I agree. that's why i stopped giving. Plus his crap is becoming political.

Sep 1, 2019
So, parodying a public figure is "becoming political" now? There's no overt political message in SS outside of "Pussy is good."
Yes. If you parody an inherently political person or thing it is still political no matter what you do. I don't really care because it's funny, but the point still stands.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Err... Do you know anything about american politics? Because he's pretty much hitting all the left's talking points and conspiracies with no subtlety. Even connecting the president to Kim Jong Un and the main villains, who are russians. If that's not getting political, I don't know what is.
To be fair, he did most of that before it really became reality. Rump's character was introduced right when he became president in 2016/early 2017 and the russians have been in the game from the beginning.

It just happened that patrons voted for the main story right now when it's actually part of a political reality.

I don't think DC really cares much about politics.

Vibescu

May 16, 2017
Was the scene between Rump and not-Hillary in the mall bathrooms a political thing?

It's just for the lolz, that's all.

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
Now I'm not being a hater but why does Darkcookie take 4 to 5 months to release an update? It's NOT like SS is the absolute best VN/game out there or even the new releases are amazing (they're NOT). It's the money.

If SO many patrons are donating SO much every month why rush? If you do the math He's bringing $266,900 gross every 4 months or $333,625 every 5 months.

Until people start pulling their donations, He'll continue to milk it as long as possible. He probably watches this and other Forums to see how long before people REALLY start to complain and figured 4-5 months is 'the sweet spot'. As soon as donations start to drop, you'll get his attention. I mean we're talking Call of Duty on Xbox money here! People are going to do what they wanna do, BUT am I wrong?

Darkcookies with LOTS of M-I-L-K!

Darkcookie hard at work. cha-ching! $$$$ Suckers!

PS: If he doesn't care if you stop donating, maybe he doesn't need the money?
damn you bring up so many new arguments and points that have never been discussed before. really need to think about this one.

Vibescu

May 16, 2017
I don't have a problem with him adding celebrities and political figures to the game as side characters, but I have an issue with him making them the focus of something like the main story.
Are secondary characters. The main antagonists are the mobsters.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Are secondary characters. The main antagonists are the mobsters.
True the main antagonists are the mobsters but mayor Rump seems to have some kind of relationship with them and it seems like he has something to do with the death of the MC's father. A big part the update will be us interacting with him and his family. I personally don't think that a parody of a celebrity should have that big of a role. But that is my personal opinion.

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
I agree. that's why i stopped giving. Plus his crap is becoming political.
yeah it's pretty blatant neoliberal propaganda from dc. pull yourself up by your bootstraps, start as a pizza delivery guy and you'll eventually save up enough money to drive a sports car and have your own beach house in no time. he's also suggesting that if you have the biggest cock like mc has every woman will want to have your babies including your own mom and sister (survival of the fittest) so only your offspring survives while people with less desirable genetics will not reproduce and just die off.

MC himself seems to be a follower of ayn rand and an hedonistic objectivist. "objectivism is [...} the concept of man as a heroic being, with his own happiness as the moral purpose of his life, with productive achievement as his noblest activity, and reason as his only absolute" (from wikipedia).

Last edited:

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
Err... Do you know anything about american politics? Because he's pretty much hitting all the left's talking points and conspiracies with no subtlety. Even connecting the president to Kim Jong Un and the main villains, who are russians. If that's not getting political, I don't know what is.
I do know American politics, and you're being far too loose with calling it political. I'm against parodying Trump simply because it makes him out to be less of a threat than he is, but as of yet the attacks are primarily personal. Trump's "politics" haven't exactly been covered in the game to any major degree, if at all. You can make fun of a political figure without actually pushing a political message, and that's more or less what's happening here. At no point have I felt like DarkCookie is pushing any kind of politics at me. You have to remember he's not even American.

• Haha
Reactions: ashol
4.00 star(s) 358 Votes