Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Look if DC release the update before September that's fine.

BUT if he releases in September (after Patreon Money Transaction confirms meaning money is out of Patron's pockets into DC's) then idk but for me, I may stop contributing.

Btw this is my opinion so take or leave it just waiting patiently for update.
Course it'll come out after Sept 1st, there's no way they'll get to 99% and bugtest within a week-ish. On top of being a complete scheme to milk patrons
I'll never really understany why people are so focussed on the payment deadline. It really doesn't make sense at all in this case.

In fact DC actually gains the most, in theory, by releasing the game at the end of the month. He always gains a huge number of new supporters each update and if it's close(ish) to the end of the month, there's a high chance that many of them stay to get billed twice, once when they become a patron and right away again for the next month. Releasing it at the beginning of the next month, on the other hand, means they have 4 weeks to cancel their pledge again.

I mean, those who don't want to give him money can just stop pledging and play the game for free? There's no reason to pay money to him unless for those who like what he's doing.

PS: Having that all of that, I've seen no indicatioin that DC actually cares about these details, at all. People are making these arguments for years and he continues to release the updates whenever they are done without any pattern.

PPS: The average patron pays him $2.60 a month (most of them $1-5 actually) and thus probably doesn't care at all about that kind of money. People always act like somebody is handing $66k over to DC while in fact he makes that much because he simply has a shit ton of patrons who each give very little.
It mostly boils down to : nobody understands how Patreon works and every1 thinks they're paying to get the game made for them like any other platform/Kickstarter

Reactions: Lgn332

Rickster82

Sep 10, 2017
I don't understand the whining. People who "donate" DC money and are disappointed that updates are too long in coming can just stop paying. Personally, I think that there will be fewer and fewer updates in the near future, maybe 1 per year.

Speaking of updates, how many have we had this year? 1 (0.20.1)?

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Speaking of updates, how many have we had this year? 1 (0.20.1)?
Yeah but only because he shipped the Consuela update on December 20th. Had he been a wise man and milking his patrons more, he would have delayed until January 2nd -- giving us two updates in 2020 already :D

Reactions: Sync

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
^ That's about 2 weeks more for 0.20 though, so we would still be at around 25% for 0.20.5, the milking would of been epic. Too bad DC blows so much at being a trash dev

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
I was giving you the benefit of the doubt, but it seems that is mostly because you're of the other extreme. Someone who consumed so much politics that all the russian puppet conspiracy, corruption and overt racist and sexual abuse stuff injected in this game is not only normal but even too tame to represent the president. In which case it's probably not wise to prod any further.

Imo all I'll say is it could qualify as parody before, when he was just an easter egg in the mall. But now he's pretty explicitly one of the main villains, with his crimes mirroring those of what the far left accuses the real president of. That's not just a coincidence. I think anyone who's not really far in one specific camp can see it's as strong and direct a political message as any game could take.

As a side note, non-americans consume a metric shit ton of american politics too. It's hard to avoid it when that's all social media and entertainment talk about anymore.
Well no, I give zero shits about American politics, as a Canadians they are of little concern to me unless it involves Canada. Which is more often than I'm comfortable with, but not enough for me to follow it too closely. I simply don't view parodying Trump without an overt political agenda as pushing politics.

Deleted member 435

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Modder
Donor
Aug 6, 2016
It doesn't mean she won't get anymore content, it just means you will have to wait a while until dc adds more content for her.
Well as far as Roxxy goes, all of her content is pretty much done on the roadmap for the game. All she needs is pregnancy stuff (probably a side update for her mom as well?). Idk how DC is going to implement this dating system but I'm not exactly sure that the dating system will come with new sex scenes for the girls.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Well as far as Roxxy goes, all of her content is pretty much done on the roadmap for the game. All she needs is pregnancy stuff (probably a side update for her mom as well?). Idk how DC is going to implement this dating system but I'm not exactly sure that the dating system will come with new sex scenes for the girls.
From what he has said on stream they will add more sex scenes with the dating system. Depending on how the dates go, you can unlock new scenes with the girls.

Deleted member 435

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Modder
Donor
Aug 6, 2016
From what he has said on stream they will add more sex scenes with the dating system. Depending on how the dates go, you can unlock new scenes with the girls.
Probably will be just for the school girls then right? I can imagine adding 1-3 sex scenes being added per girl in the game would triple the development time window of the game lmao.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Probably will be just for the school girls then right? I can imagine adding 1-3 sex scenes being added per girl in the game would triple the development time window of the game lmao.
Yeah the dating system will only be for the school girls, but from what DC said on stream at that point it will be easier to add sex scenes because all the stories are done, and he doesn't really need to waste a lot of time doing backgrounds and stuff like that.

Deleted member 435

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Modder
Donor
Aug 6, 2016
Yeah the dating system will only be for the school girls, but from what DC said on stream at that point it will be easier to add sex scenes because all the stories are done, and he doesn't really need to waste a lot of time doing backgrounds and stuff like that.
Doesn't sound too bad then, he already has his limits set(preg endings) and will spend later updates filling the in-betweens such as dating system and the harem beach house...

Hopefully this is a stepping stone when it comes to his next game and he learns to scale the game correctly the first time, if he maintains this backing on patreon and converts it to the next game we won't have to worry about the unshaky beginnings and sprawl we had to deal with in this game. The sooner we get more good core members of the dev team the sooner and smoother the updates are I suppose.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Doesn't sound too bad then, he already has his limits set(preg endings) and will spend later updates filling the in-betweens such as dating system and the harem beach house...

Hopefully this is a stepping stone when it comes to his next game and he learns to scale the game correctly the first time, if he maintains this backing on patreon and converts it to the next game we won't have to worry about the unshaky beginnings and sprawl we had to deal with in this game. The sooner we get more good core members of the dev team the sooner and smoother the updates are I suppose.
The problem with summertime saga is that he wasn't planning on making it a game, he was just trying to learn how to code. He never expected this to become so big, that is why now he has to fix a lot of his early content. I don't think he will run into the same problems in his next project. But that is still years away, we don't even know if he will be able to finish the main story this year.

Deleted member 435

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Modder
Donor
Aug 6, 2016
The problem with summertime saga is that he wasn't planning on making it a game, he was just trying to learn how to code. He never expected this to become so big, that is why now he has to fix a lot of his early content. I don't think he will run into the same problems in his next project. But that is still years away, we don't even know if he will be able to finish the main story this year.
Well he did have Arizona Identities help him code at the beginning no? He became unreliable and apparently his coding wasn't too good either...

Also as far as DC looking for another artist is that a thing still or..? Someone asked him if he was still looking for another team member on stream a couple days ago to help with art and I noticed he ignored the guys question....

Reactions: PePeTheCoCk

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Well he did have Arizona Identities help him code at the beginning no? He became unreliable and apparently his coding wasn't too good either...

Also as far as DC looking for another artist is that a thing still or..? Someone asked him if he was still looking for another team member on stream a couple days ago to help with art and I noticed he ignored the guys question....
I don't think he will get another artist, if he really wanted to add one to the team he would've done it a long time ago. It's probably hard to find someone who can mimic his art style perfectly, but the game has been in development for 4 years now. If it didn't happen until now, it probably won't happen in the future.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
But but but, the milking. Think about all the sheeps who fork over ~65k per month to DC. He needs to hire about 5+ dudes just to make art ..........

Deleted member 435

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Modder
Donor
Aug 6, 2016
I don't think he will get another artist, if he really wanted to add one to the team he would've done it a long time ago. It's probably hard to find someone who can mimic his art style perfectly, but the game has been in development for 4 years now. If it didn't happen until now, it probably won't happen in the future.
This is true but we don't even know how many people even took him up on the offer that were at least "good" artists.

But but but, the milking. Think about all the sheeps who fork over ~65k per month to DC. He needs to hire about 5+ dudes just to make art ..........
Not even meaning to bash on the DC but when this was first brought up by him he did mention how he would of wanted help in the animation area correct...? Doesn't have to be a shit ton of artists but I assume hiring one other person to help in that animation area would get some weights off his shoulder, even if it was more of a commission based job rather than full time thing. He brought this up when he was doing the first fluid h-animations in the game (not the semi-animated sex scenes like the ones from the pink employee girl at the mall). I noticed he has changed the animation style a little bit in the recent updates so maybe he figured a way to do it quicker without cutting corners.

Reactions: Pyjak Slayer
4.00 star(s) 358 Votes