nad destroyer

Jul 27, 2017
Dammit I just donwloaded 20.6 50 minutes before big fix. Doesn't anyone have an update file going from 20.6 to 20.7? I have to watch how much I download.

Also I just tried to start Summertime Saga and nothing shows up. I looked at task manager and I clearly see the program running but the game doesn't show up at all. Anyone have an idea what is wrong?

Never mind lol. It just took 20 minutes to start. The problem definitely is with my dinosaur computer then. It's weird though I played Summertime Saga with the same computer 3 years ago.

Last edited:

StantheMan69

Aug 10, 2017
Are they though? SS is not some koikatsu game, all the art and animation is made from scratch. If you have other indie games with that level of quality, please let me know, I'm missing out on some gems.
What a Legend!, Our Red String, Seeds Of Chaos All as far as I know look to be hand-drawn and animated.

As another dude asked above : show us some game(s) where everything is hand-drawn and animated that can outperform Summertime

You sound like 1 dude is paying everything alone: let's do basic math > 69000$/~26000 patrons = roughly 2.65$ each. Most coffee places (used to) charge way more for flavored water. And that's once every day-ish for some people. While you pay 2.5$ a month to help DC make a game, yet slobbers around here call that a milking scam ......
Look above for a few names of games. Secondly, you sound like a mindless follower running to the defense of DC. To attack anyone that might question if the work he and his team are putting in is worth the money they are receiving. It is a subjective opinion, in which I don't feel he or his team is showing enough content = to the amount of money and time they are getting to work on the game. While you and others clearly do because omg he hand draws and animates the whole game himself. Maybe hire some more people to drawn and animate stuff. Either way, I have started my OPINION. At the end of the day, those giving him $69,000 don't have a problem with it and He doesn't have a problem taking it. Thus ultimately it doesn't matter. I only posted my opinion agreeing with MissFortune take. Like it, don't like it, I don't care this is my last reply to my opinion.

bigmonster

Nov 5, 2017
Summertime saga used to be something I looked forward to every time an update came up. However starting all over again and again is cumbersome just to get new content in the game. I still don't see why he can't make the game use old saves its been years of development and you think that be one of the basic things of any game to have. I mean this is key to make someone feel like they are making progress in the game.

The story is also very lackluster and barely seen any sort of development because the dev wants to do some short story line here and there. The teacher and roxy update were great however after that it felt like updates contain nothing. My only wish for this game is to get a decent story and ending after so long.

This is just my opinion and view of the game from playing for years. People can spend their money however they want but everyone can still critic the game.

Reactions: botc76

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Yeah there is, it's in Eve's route. You get an option to pick their gender once you reach a certain part in their story.
"Futa trans" is a strange phrase, like "Gay Bisexual," or "Hindu Presbyterian ." She is potentially trans. She is not intersexed.

I'm not a Patron of this game so I can't complain, however based on these fact bellow I will not become a Patron either:
Three paragraphs of "not complaining."

But again, I can't complain because I'm not a patron, however I can voice my opinion and thoughts.
Have a nice day folks and stay safe :)
You know what they say: If it sounds like a duck and it walks like a duck...

This update is a bugfix patch every larger build gets. You got a free scene added as a bonus since it's Halloween.
Afterall, this is a 0.00.1 increment. Definitely a bug fix with added bonus.

How to take shower
Man, the Covid isolation must have really hit you hard!

Last edited:

Joey's Conscience

Sep 28, 2020
What a Legend!, Our Red String, Seeds Of Chaos All as far as I know look to be hand-drawn and animated.
Have you actually played those games? Asking because looking them up on PH, Our Red String and Seeds Of Chaos have no animation whatsoever in their H scenes.
What a Legend is the only one that does, and it's getting rewarded for it. Only on version 0.3, 6 months of development and already 4k on Patreon. At this rate, it might reach tens of thousands in a couple of years, and people will start having this same discussion.

Not attacking you or even you questioning DC's commitment. Just sayin that your examples dont really prove your point of "other devs are delivering more quality for less"

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
Judith still has like no content after all this time? :cry:
Isnt this game almost entirely driven by Patron polls? They decide what content is focused on in the future and then DC literally like some Jukebox has to come up with said content focus based on the results (so unlike most games he cant map out in his head a year in advance regarding content added or story he wants to take place as votes might go elsewhere). Its a very fan friendly approach (at least to ones not just stealing said content cost free haha) so yeah i wouldnt take it personal if any particular fave character of yours still feels kinda left out compared to others. Thats democracy for you my friend. Its also why updates take so long - kinda hard to get ahead of a curve when you dont know what direction said curve is going as your not the one steering the ship.

Reactions: sefirofe

DragonFire

Jul 30, 2017
You know what they say: If it sounds like a duck and it walks like a duck...
Well it's not a duck...
Others here got slammed on for complains while not paying and I can understand such argument, but it doesn't prevent one for having an opinion.
Being honest can inspire a dev to improve, licking ass and say everything is dandy won't.

I replayed the whole 0.20.5 when it came out, just to see that all saves, including auto saves, had the yellow warning sign on them in 0.20.6
Have loaded up 0.20.5 to make a save on the overview as someone suggested, same issue when starting that in 0.20.6
When loading a save from the prior version, it informs to be patients because the game is in alfa state etc etc.. either load another save or start over.. yadayda.. bangbang.. game could get corrupt if not.. blabla..

Well, I'm not gonna bother with it, my time is too precious for that risk, so guess I'll just wait a few years and hope they'll make a final completed version by then, so replaying that will make some sense.
Because it's not the first time, it's every time and apparently others have complained, paying patrons even, look at their public patreon download notes: Old saves should work.. should.. hell that's just not good enough is it?

And yes I do support a few devs with money if I feel they are worth it, so it's not about being a bitching freeloader, it's about being a concerned and honest gamer who once saw great potential. Does that smell like a duck?

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
^ Every prior save has that warning. It's there so lamers can't come around and whine they lost their save. You've been warned and accepted the risk, deal with yourself now. Just like debug menu tells you it will screw up your game epicly, you even have to type you understand the risks. Guess what happens ? Noodles use it, fuck themselves up and then wonder why the game doesn't even start

And since about 0.19.5, just click through the save warning, let it do its stuff (even if it tells you whatever bad will happen) and just play as normal. Unless you went overboard with mods or debug menu or just saved at random (another thing said time and time again), everything should work fine
Summertime saga used to be something I looked forward to every time an update came up. However starting all over again and again is cumbersome just to get new content in the game. I still don't see why he can't make the game use old saves its been years of development and you think that be one of the basic things of any game to have. I mean this is key to make someone feel like they are making progress in the game.

The story is also very lackluster and barely seen any sort of development because the dev wants to do some short story line here and there. The teacher and roxy update were great however after that it felt like updates contain nothing. My only wish for this game is to get a decent story and ending after so long.

This is just my opinion and view of the game from playing for years. People can spend their money however they want but everyone can still critic the game.
It's more a problem with how Renpy hates itself when you go tinker back and forth in the code (and since every update or so remakes the start of the game, the code can't roll itself back with stuff that get changed before your save happens in the timeline). As long as they re-do most of the beginning every build, we'll have to either pray to RNGesus our older save just resets 1-2 routes or start a new game. Or not and just come in here to cry about how skipping the 1st week by holding CTRL for about 5 mins and then getting to the new stuff is literally the worst torture known to mankind. After 4-5 months of waiting, such horror
anyone know how to get the scene with diane of her on the milking machine like the one in the game preview?
It's not in the game anymore. Find a pre-0.18 ish build and see it there. Don't even try to cross-build save. Or if you do, don't come asking why your PC just melted itself

Last edited:
Reactions: MrShadowDUH

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Event though 0.20.7 is just bug fixes, all of you mother huggers should download it and update your saves just to be sure they will be compatible with the next update. I really don't want to see a bunch pages of people just complaining that they can't use saves from the previous version when dc releases the new update.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Judith still has like no content after all this time? :cry:
Judith was voted for 0.23...
Well it's not a duck...
Others here got slammed on for complains while not paying and I can understand such argument, but it doesn't prevent one for having an opinion.
Being honest can inspire a dev to improve, licking ass and say everything is dandy won't.
As far as I know, DarkCookie isn't active on F95. I don't think he'll see it. All these complaints, I mean opinions are only seen by other F95 users.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 357 Votes