JKH18

Jan 16, 2018
DC: 20.8 Status update, "Sorry for the delay, I'm aware some of you are anxious to play the new content. :<". Understatement of the decade :D Good news overall though, despite the delay they hired 2 more people to the team, and apparently tested them for the job properly too. That's bound to be another step toward more time effective working. :)

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Patreons invest in magicnuts, the dev team just delivered a cracker update and your hard earned is better going to a dev team that delivers, not some milker bs dev like this clown.
Just so you don't start to make a scene over there as well once it happens, WaL! will eventually run into the same issues as does SS. Chestnut is already drawing fulltime over there and the content we got in the 4 months and 3 weeks wait, is the content we'll get in that time in the foreseeable future. No matter whether they earn 5k, 10k or 15k. And magicnuts already said that he doesn't know whether they'll (be able to) hire another artist at some point, or not.

Nothing is set in stone, but I'm just saying, just because they'll (hopefully) make more money sooner than later, won't mean the time for an update will suddenly drop from 5 to 2 months or so or that the content per update will increase dramatically.

Last edited:

JKH18

Jan 16, 2018
Because people/ patrons are dumping money into something that will never be finished :LOL:
SLIGHT difference there: Star Citizen is selling promises with bullshit pr pieces, with nothing to show for their next "great leap in development", flogging pay to win ship packs for TENS OF THOUSANDS in a project that's 6 years in the making and the most expensive game in history already. DC asks for input from his backers asking them what they want to see in the game, organizes polls for content, tells people that follow and support his project what's coming in the next update and then delivers what's promised. No pay to win shit, no bullshitting. See the LITTLE differences there in approach? :D

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Just so you don't start to make a scene over there as well once it happens, WaL! will eventually run into the same issues as does SS. Chestnut is already drawing fulltime over there and the content we got in the 4 months and 3 weeks wait, is the content we'll get in that time in the foreseeable future. No matter whether they earn 5k, 10k or 15k. And magicnuts already said that he doesn't know whether they'll (be able to) hire another artist at some point, or not.

Nothing is set in stone, but I'm just saying, just because they'll (hopefully) make more money sooner than later, won't mean the time for an update will suddenly drop from 5 to 2 months or so or that the content per update will increase dramatically.
SLIGHT difference there: Star Citizen is selling promises with bullshit pr pieces, with nothing to show for their next "great leap in development", flogging pay to win ship packs for TENS OF THOUSANDS in a project that's 6 years in the making and the most expensive game in history already. DC asks for input from his backers asking them what they want to see in the game, organizes polls for content, tells people that follow and support his project what's coming in the next update and then delivers what's promised. No pay to win shit, no bullshitting. See the LITTLE differences there in approach? :D
Wow. That surely convinced him. Not.

Last edited:

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Wow. That surely convinced him. Not.
Nah, I don't think it will. But I just hope that the mood for WaL will stay as positive as it is right now, even if they start to earn more money. Especially because the team is actually active on F95 and it would be a bit of a shame if they'd get negative feedback and lose some motivation for no real reason. After all, some of these "scamming discussion" that are common here, started there, too, before the update dropped. But that's indeed offtopic here and I'm sure they'll deal with it once it happens. The one thing we can be sure of is, that WaL will probably take just as long to be finished as does SS.

To have a least some on topic discussion, it looks like the modern mansion next to Rump's house will be for Missy. DC hinted at something like her divorced father beeing a lawyer who is rarely/never at home. I think it would be fitting.

Last edited:

JKH18

Jan 16, 2018
Nah, I don't. But I just hope that the mood for WaL will stay as positive as it is right now, even if they start to earn more money. Especially because the team is actually active on F95 and it would be a bit of a shame if they'd get negative feedback and lose some motivation for no real reason. After all, some of these "scamming discussion" that are common here, started there, too, before the update dropped. But that's indeed offtopic here and I'm sure they'll deal with it once it happens. The one thing we can be sure of is, that WaL will probably take just as long to be finished as does SS.

To have a least some on topic discussion, it looks like the modern mansion next to Rump's house will be for Missy. DC hinted at something like her divorced father beeing a lawyer who is rarely/never at home. I think it would be fitting.
I was under the impression that the house next to the Rump mansion was Rondas house? :O

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Will the new update solve the problem of not having a full screen on Android phones?
The next 0.20.8 one, no, but the one after that. So in case you want to replay the whole game or so, it's probably better to wait a little longer.

franksiinatra

Dec 17, 2019
Nah, I don't think it will. But I just hope that the mood for WaL will stay as positive as it is right now, even if they start to earn more money. Especially because the team is actually active on F95 and it would be a bit of a shame if they'd get negative feedback and lose some motivation for no real reason. After all, some of these "scamming discussion" that are common here, started there, too, before the update dropped. But that's indeed offtopic here and I'm sure they'll deal with it once it happens. The one thing we can be sure of is, that WaL will probably take just as long to be finished as does SS.

I tried WaL for the first time today and the sex scene quality is insane! but seeing how many town's or countries there are outside of the one that isn't even totally finished now is kind of concerning, That's ALOT of female characters to meet and implement in each town, they'll definitely get the "They're milking it" comments eventually

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
but seeing how many town's or countries there are outside of the one that isn't even totally finished now is kind of concerning, That's ALOT of female characters to meet and implement in each town, they'll definitely get the "They're milking it" comments eventually
To me more content is almost always an upside, at least as long as it is fun and makes sense. The only scenario where "too much content" is bad, is when there's a risk that a dev will stop working on the project before it's finished, but I don't really see that happening with WaL (or SS for that matter).
Or to frame it differently, I have seen many games which should have lasted a lot longer and were finished way too quickly, but I have barely seen ones which should have finished earlier.

WaL does have the advantage of not being as complex as SS. There are no real choices, no real mini games, no pregnancy for everybody, etc. and as such each update will feel a bit more substancial, kind of like Roxxy's update did here in SS, because there's less time "wasted" on optional/alternative stuff.

Reactions: Ranma

Zeyla

Mar 1, 2018
To me more content is almost always an upside, at least as long as it is fun and makes sense. The only scenario where "too much content" is bad, is when there's a risk that a dev will stop working on the project before it's finished, but I don't really see that happening with WaL (or SS for that matter).
Or to frame it differently, I have seen many games which should have lasted a lot longer and were finished way too quickly, but I have barely seen ones which should have finished earlier.

WaL does have the advantage of not being as complex as SS. There are no real choices, no real mini games, no pregnancy for everybody, etc. and as such each update will feel a bit more substancial, kind of like Roxxy's update did here in SS, because there's less time "wasted" on optional/alternative stuff.
The simple truth is, no game will die as long as they make enough money for it, meaning SS for example could take 20 years to finish as long as people keep paying them :) So yeah the question is, how long will it take them :eek:

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
^ If we go by ~2 updates a year and we still have to at least go up to 0.34, about 7 years. Not counting all the 0.5s and other random stuff (like surprise buttstuff Halloween or Xmas specials, bunch of remakes not polled/planned, etc)

4.00 star(s) 358 Votes