j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
The simple truth is, no game will die as long as they make enough money for it...
That's true, but there are quite a few devs who wrap up their projects and move on to the next game, which is what I was mainly talking about. The question in these cases always is whether you add additional content to your current game or not.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
That's true, but there are quite a few devs who wrap up their projects and move on to the next game
Very true. For example, MUPLUR has finished development on Book 5 (Legend of Korra fan game) and has started a new title. This is a guy who writes the story first and wraps the game around it, not the other way around.

SS can sometimes feel like the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing. That being said, I do love what Cookie has given us so far... Aside from one baffling religion-type alteration that makes no sense to me. It's the change I'm not enamoured of. The religion itself I have nothing against.

Reactions: tywren and j4yj4m

orrayt3x

May 23, 2017
So many better devs out there getting no love and this asshat makes 70k a month to deliver bs update after bs update.

People dont leave well paid jobs, they leave shitty ones for better paying ones. this guy I guarantee left due to not earning what is the bulk of the work (animation) while this jerk dev continues to make 70K a month to make new back drops for areas when 50% of all areas are completely under utilised or not at all.

No no lets make more "areas" to go into once and not give a shit about.

Seriously patreons, check out other devs absolutely more worthy of your hard earned than this lazy shit of a dev.

This dev (and a few others) in my humble opinion are why so many people are gun shy to support up and coming devs with better quality work and faster work turn out.

They are simply burnt from the bull shit like this.
I am 90% convinced that this dude is one of those "bETtEr deVs thAt diDnT gEt eNoUgh aTteNtiOn beCauSe oF DC" he keeps screeching about. Sorry your game failed bro, but it is what it is.

Reactions: Budman59

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
^ No need to be a dev, plenty of dudes around the thread just whine about $/month every so often. They rotate who gets to moan about every 2-3 weeks

• Haha
Reactions: Morasaky

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Very true. For example, MUPLUR has finished development on Book 5 (Legend of Korra fan game) and has started a new title. This is a guy who writes the story first and wraps the game around it, not the other way around.
I mean, in SS' case that wasn't really possible. The game started as some doodles of Roxxy so DC could teach himself coding. Some people started to like that and he made a game, some people wanted some lewd content and he added that, some people who liked the game offered help and they became the first coders, posers, etc.

That's why nothing about the development of the game, not even the screen resolution, was really right from the start. But then again, the game does certainly benefit from that openess at times and one wouldn't be able to preplan/prewrite it on such a scale anyway.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
I thought the entire point of this game/Patreon/Picarto/Discord was to syphon $ from sheeple for over 4 years now. The more you know :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: srksrk 68

Gizmogobum

Nov 11, 2020
I thought the entire point of this game/Patreon/Picarto/Discord was to syphon $ from sheeple for over 4 years now. The more you know :unsure:

Pretty much on point. You would think that with the amount of money he makes (over 750k a year!) He could afford to hire more people to speed up the process. But of course that would be counter productive to his goal of leeching as much money he can from his patrons.

GTBALL_BALLY

Unknown User
Apr 5, 2020

20.8 status update:
You're probably wondering why some of the progress stalled about 3 weeks ago and the reason is one of our devs (Posing) had to suddenly step away from the project. It unfortunately happened as we were wrapping up the content and had to halt the progress until we found replacement.
The good news is we tested new candidates and found 2 new devs who will be starting this week! Hopefully we can get the update back on track to wrap it up as soon as possible for you all to enjoy.
Art was done a little while back and writing will be done this week so we should be moving on to the following tech update in the meantime.
Sorry about this delay, I'm aware some of you are anxious to play the new content. :<
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Map changes in tech update:
The image above shows what I've been working on during daily streams (for those who haven't watched). The tech update changes the game widescreen ratio which opens up room for additional locations on the minimap.
We've added:
  • Lighthouse
  • Bar
  • 3 homes
  • Museum
  • Arcade and Bowling hall
  • Stadium
  • Expanded trailer park and forest area
In contrast with the very first minimap (0.01), things have changed a lot! Most locations were not even accessible .^-^
I will be streaming all week for future update content, so tune in!
-DC <3

caspian90

Feb 8, 2020
Here we go again with the $/month nonsense and flamebait. Enjoy
Well I hope you're one of his Patrons.
Cause I was. Not anymore.

The only thing I wish is consistency. If he tells us "Yo, we update the game twice a year on January and July" and I would go back to becoming one of his Patrons.
But of course he won't say anything and you know the reason.

Reactions: Budman59 and Ayal

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Pretty much on point. You would think that with the amount of money he makes (over 750k a year!) He could afford to hire more people to speed up the process. But of course that would be counter productive to his goal of leeching as much money he can from his patrons.
I think either your or my irony detector needs serious adjustment...

Reactions: j4yj4m

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Well I hope you're one of his Patrons.
Cause I was. Not anymore.

The only thing I wish is consistency. If he tells us "Yo, we update the game twice a year on January and July" and I would go back to becoming one of his Patrons.
But of course he won't say anything and you know the reason.
In the end this really isn't about somebody becoming a patron - DC certainly has more than enough money and really doesn't need more patrons. Even if his income would half, it would still be way more than the $25.000 he is actually asking for.

What's bad in general is people imposing their own expectations into the process. The situation is as it is for more or less 3 years since early 2018, and you can be pretty sure that most of those who are (still) giving him money now are content with what is happening, especially given how little money the average patron acutally pays, which is another important thing to consider.

I stopped giving him money quite some time ago, too, yet I'm not standing here trying to tell him how he is supposed to run his project. People vote with their wallet and that's fine, but venting one's own frustration again and again really doesn't help anybody. We lose nothing by not being a patron and people can just enjoy the game whenever there's an update and everything should be fine?

Dec 6, 2018
if the dev finished this game he wouldn't recieve money anymore, there's no reason for him to finish and he's not going to
seriously if you still fall for this it's your fault, just a little of common sense and you understand what's happening

Reactions: Budman59

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
if the dev finished this game he wouldn't recieve money anymore, there's no reason for him to finish and he's not going to
seriously if you still fall for this it's your fault, just a little of common sense and you understand what's happening
Which isn't really true. Quite a few popular devs managed to be even more successful with their next project and I don't see any reason why DC shouldn't continue to make good money with his next game. I mean, there's huge lack of good 2D NSFW games and a new, more focussed game without the messed up underbelly of SS would probably be popular, too.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
That's the typical example of someone expecting the worst of others by projecting his own attitude on them.

If he would want to get money even after having finished the game -- there are possibilities, like paywalls, steam etc.

mattius77

May 16, 2017
At this rate, with all the aimless whinging about how much money he makes I'm sorta rooting for DC to stretch this out for another 15 years so he can pay his kid's college tuition up front in cash.

I will pay for this game the way I pay for all other regular games I play; when it is a completed release (whenever that may be), I will make a one-time lump sum payment and call it a day. Anything on the money front that happens between now and then is the business of DC and his Patrons, and I cannot imagine a scenario where I could possibly care less about that.

Reactions: SSBBSNAKE

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
why do you even want him to "finish" this game? do you want him to work on something else instead? i honestly don't understand this point. if dc wanted he could "finish" the game by rushing out the updates for the remaining school girls and the dating stuff in a year or so (i'm talking about subpar updates like the first mia ones) but what does anyone gain from that?

everyone who knows just a little bit about this games knows that it's pretty much episodic at this point. you wait for a new update, play through it. wait for the next one. rinse and repeat. it's ever evolving very much like a AAA gaas game in that sense just without the bullshit monetization aspect (in fact you don't even have to pay anything to play it, yet you still complain). as long as dc is motivated to work on this game and his patreons are happy he can work on SS for the next 10 years for all i care. even once all the planned content is finished, do you think people won't jizz into their pants if dc does a poll and asks people if they want another huge eve update? of course they will. there are endless possibilities. what if he wants to expand the map or do some adventure where you go on a school trip with all the girls? what if after finishing all the routes, some additional ones are unlocked that lead into storylines where you can unlock h-scenes with the girls in never thought of combinations like banging eve and rhonda at the same time or jenny and roxxy? what if he does a time skip or something and calls this expansion wintertime saga? i'm hoping i get my point across, most of his patreons (aka the only people he needs to give a shit about) want him to increase the scope of the game like this and give every girl lots of time so every route feels satisfying.

the only point i get would be if DC worked extra slow on purpose or something but i honestly don't see that. you can see for yourself how much he works on the game by looking at his streams in which he draws for multiple hours almost every fucking day. there are also graphs and trackers on the site that show you exactly what the team is working on right now and what's left to be done. tell me one dev on patreon who is more transparent about these things? if you are not satisfied with the speed in which this game is developed you always have the choice of just not donating. your ungrateful ass still gets to play the game once the update is out for free.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
At this rate, with all the aimless whinging about how much money he makes I'm sorta rooting for DC to stretch this out for another 15 years so he can pay his kid's college tuition up front in cash.

I will pay for this game the way I pay for all other regular games I play; when it is a completed release (whenever that may be), I will make a one-time lump sum payment and call it a day. Anything on the money front that happens between now and then is the business of DC and his Patrons, and I cannot imagine a scenario where I could possibly care less about that.
So you're not going to do anything ever since DC will never ask for $, even after the game is done

4.00 star(s) 358 Votes