2xjj

Aug 5, 2016
How about the fact that it took him 2 months to come clean about one of the devs leaving the project, and that being why the tracker had been stalled out? That's some shit that should have been made clear the day it happened.
He only waited 3 weeks tell his patrons Catbug left because DC wanted to make sure found replacements for Catbug first.

Bass_Legend

Jun 5, 2017
This games pretty awesome but uhm its weird completing all the current characters. Im dating eve and roxy at the same time there should be some consequences for that. Maybe a confrontation then having to choose one or the other.

tywren

Jun 28, 2019
This games pretty awesome but uhm its weird completing all the current characters. Im dating eve and roxy at the same time there should be some consequences for that. Maybe a confrontation then having to choose one or the other.
Expect that in the dating/prom update, whenever that happens.

He only waited 3 weeks tell his patrons Catbug left because DC wanted to make sure found replacements for Catbug first.
Are you sure? Because the roomer mill had Catbug leaving at the first of the year.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
There's over 25 girls to semx around, with about as much if not more coming in the future. Makes no sense to block you out of everything just so you can stay with 1 girl. The premise of the game isn't to be a monogam dude and be happy with whoever you choose, it's to go around town and buttstuff all the girls you can find .....

Bass_Legend

Jun 5, 2017
Expect that in the dating/prom update, whenever that happens.
I kind of expected this to be completed by now. Not a fan of waiting on a game for a content patch. Ill check back a few years from now see how its going.

There's over 25 girls to semx around, with about as much if not more coming in the future. Makes no sense to block you out of everything just so you can stay with 1 girl. The premise of the game isn't to be a monogam dude and be happy with whoever you choose, it's to go around town and buttstuff all the girls you can find .....
The game is adding pregnancy ffs. There is suspension of disbelief going on in the game but still it is going for some immersion. And it literally is immersion breaking when you are dating two girls, one of which is the most popular girl in school, the other a virgin, both in class with you at the same time and you makeout with both and nothing happens.

I get that its a sandbox feel and no telling what order you do the quests in, but still when you complete both arcs an event should popup in school to cause the girls to fight over you and then you have to choose which girl. That might be too much drama/content to ask for but its a flaw with this type of game.

In the family your sister mother and aunt catch eachother and start bitching and makeup over it. So something like that has already been implemented, like I said the game is definitely going for some immersion.

After 4 and a half years this game is still not finished yet. Ill check back in a couple of years see how its doing and have a fresh playthrough.

Reactions: xTheFreakx

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
How about the fact that it took him 2 months to come clean about one of the devs leaving the project, and that being why the tracker had been stalled out? That's some shit that should have been made clear the day it happened.
From a management point of view that's not a perfect idea, either. You'll make it hard for Catbug, who after all was a team member for more than 4 years, because people would essentially make him responsible for the delay, you'll get tons of additional messages/applications, which you'll have to process and you'll put huge pressure on yourself to find a replacement, even though you may wanna take a little longer to find people who actually really fit the small team well.

In situations like this one it's usually a better idea to present a problem and a solution and not just the problem.

@Bass_Legend: Managing expectations is always important. Especially once we are talking about decent 2D art, it's never a bad idea to just relax and see what you actually get.

Reactions: Turtlesweater42

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I kind of expected this to be completed by now. Not a fan of waiting on a game for a content patch. Ill check back a few years from now see how its going.

The game is adding pregnancy ffs. There is suspension of disbelief going on in the game but still it is going for some immersion. And it literally is immersion breaking when you are dating two girls, one of which is the most popular girl in school, the other a virgin, both in class with you at the same time and you makeout with both and nothing happens.

I get that its a sandbox feel and no telling what order you do the quests in, but still when you complete both arcs an event should popup in school to cause the girls to fight over you and then you have to choose which girl. That might be too much drama/content to ask for but its a flaw with this type of game.

In the family your sister mother and aunt catch eachother and start bitching and makeup over it. So something like that has already been implemented, like I said the game is definitely going for some immersion.

After 4 and a half years this game is still not finished yet. Ill check back in a couple of years see how its doing and have a fresh playthrough.
You played an unfinished WIP game for 4 and a half years and realize only now that it's unfinished? DC said multiple times and it should be clear even without him saying it that events and consequences between different stories will be added when the game is in a more finished state. And the whole point of the game is, after all, to be able to have each and every girl in town.

Arthur Curry

Jan 2, 2021
Lock this thread already. Tired of getting notifications and seeing it’s just people bitching about the same old shit.
if you think this is bad then ig you havent been to the milfy city thread XD - it had like 2-3 pages a day or something of ppl complaining and hating on ICSTOR lmao

Rickster82

Sep 10, 2017
I don't want to be the pessimist here but I think STS will "come to an end" in the next 1-2 years. The development time of the updates is getting longer and longer and even so, the developer no longer seems to be in the mood for it.

xTheFreakx

Sep 1, 2020
I don't want to be the pessimist here but I think STS will "come to an end" in the next 1-2 years. The development time of the updates is getting longer and longer and even so, the developer no longer seems to be in the mood for it.
It's best to keep your opinion to yourself least they chase you out of E-Town with pitchforks

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Well, 2020 has been a bad year in that regard, also because of Covid. DC works from home and having three very young kids and no daycare available will certainly hurt your workflow. Add, that even team members and especially Sploosh seems to have gotten tired of the main story and you'll get a feeling that (too) little gets done, even though the actual updates weren't that small.

But from watching the streams I don't see any change in DC's motivation to be honest. In fact he actually seems pretty eager to finally work on the schoolgirls again, once all this other stuff is done.

Rickster82

Sep 10, 2017
Well, 2020 has been a bad year in that regard, also because of Covid. DC works from home and having three very young kids and no daycare available will certainly hurt your workflow. Add, that even team members and especially Sploosh seems to have gotten tired of the main story and you'll get a feeling that (too) little gets done, even though the actual updates weren't that small.

But from watching the streams I don't see any change in DC's motivation to be honest. In fact he actually seems pretty eager to finally work on the schoolgirls again, once all this other stuff is done.
Well, that was always wrong thinking on my part. I've always assumed that "single nerds" develop games like STS. Furthermore, I always assumed that especially in Covid-19 times, people would have to have more time for developing digital things. But ultimately we don't know anything about the person on the other end of the virtual line.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Well, that was always wrong thinking on my part. I've always assumed that "single nerds" develop games like STS. Furthermore, I always assumed that especially in Covid-19 times, people would have to have more time for developing digital things. But ultimately we don't know anything about the person on the other end of the virtual line.
Nah, DC is indeed a dude close to his mid 30s by now, his youngest child was born back in spring last year, while his oldest was born shortly after he started developing the game. His wife does some of the administrative stuff and she runs the twitter account.

Especially for projects which run for such a long time and which are so closely connected to the work of one single person, there'll always be some ups and downs.

Edit: Just to as an example, what I mean:

4.00 star(s) 358 Votes