j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
The tech update seems be to be called 0.21. for now, while the numbers for the other updates were removed. Looks like they don't want to assign numbers anymore before the work has actually started... which kinda makes sense, I guess, looking at the mess that caused in the past.

v021.jpg

In general it's actually surprising that almost nobody complained about bugs or saves which didn't work. So it looks like they've got that under control by now.

Reactions: Donkeybong

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Judging by the number of art and coding tasks it will be at least a 4 month wait. But meh, there are other games to play.

soulles

Jul 2, 2018
Ughh went through some tips to get my stats maxed before the fight with Dimitri.. still impossible to beat him.. that last phase (4th bar) needs to much.. they need totone down this hardcore mode.. it kills the funof the game.. liked previous way how it worked way better..

Reactions: pron2021

Somnus

Oct 12, 2017
Why the fuck did anyone think that there would be a threesome with jenny and debbie in this update? The update wasn't even about them.
It wasn't but it was teased so much (kisses, hugs and movie night) that it's such a let down to not have it. I mean, Frankie was part of their family too, it'd be a perfect ending for the main story to became the man of the house in his place (and giving Debbie and Jenny the love they deserve).

lolgotem

Jun 8, 2020
What kind of shit move is it to have you start with the new content and not give you enough dexterity to dodge the bullet at the end!? Waste of time
For those of you that never bothered to level up stats, why did you even bother with them in the first place? Just start w/ cheat mode and your stats are already maxed out. You wouldn't have needed to bother.

If you cant do that minigame with maxed out dex im not sure what to tell you, especially on PC. Should be easily able to beat it.

Anyone know how to get nadya? Ive completed the story already
Wait a week

Judging by the number of art and coding tasks it will be at least a 4 month wait. But meh, there are other games to play.
Coding was the last thing to finish in the current update and thats even with the poser leaving mid-way. Looking at how many coding tasks are on that list I dont think the guy a few posts above was exaggerating. If this comes out in 2021 I will be surprised.

This update took half a year and its just a bunch of dialogue.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Coding was the last thing to finish in the current update and thats even with the poser leaving mid-way.
I mean, coding will always have to be last, because it includes implementing the poser's work, bug fixing and preparing the release. Just as the poser can't finish his tasks before he's got the art and dialog.

Reactions: owlking

lolgotem

Jun 8, 2020
I mean, coding will always have to be last, because it includes implementing the poser's work, bug fixing and preparing the release. Just as the poser can't finish his tasks before he's got the art and dialog.
This is confusing to me as an asset is just an asset. You could have a blacked out silhouette as nothing but a placeholder until the poser is done and swapping out assets shouldnt involve much effort. If that was the last step in limbo for this update that would've made sense to me, but coding was SIGNIFICANTLY behind.

Im not going to pretend to know what DC and his teams workflow is like, but I imagine the same applies to the poser. If they have a general outline for how scenes play out I couldnt imagine them being too hamstrung by dialogue either.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
This is confusing to me as an asset is just an asset. You could have a blacked out silhouette as nothing but a placeholder until the poser is done and swapping out assets shouldnt involve much effort.

Im not going to pretend to know what DC and his teams workflow is like, but I imagine the same applies to the poser. If they have a general outline for how scenes play out I couldnt imagine them being too hamstrung by dialogue either.
You still need somebody to replace the placeholder and that's obviously the work of the coder. In fact I'm pretty sure stray did something like that this time, because the corresponding tasks often finished like less than an hour after the poser was done.

Sure, they may prepare the work, but the tasks won't be done until they are actually done. At least that's how it should work.

Last edited:

lolgotem

Jun 8, 2020
You still need somebody to replace the placeholder and that's obviously the work of the coder. In fact I'm pretty sure stray did something like that this time, because the corresponding tasks often finished like less than an hour after the poser was done.
I dont believe I ever implied anything to the contrary, im saying that swapping an asset doesn't take much work which you also seemed to agree with in your 2nd sentence.

My original point being that coding was significantly behind all other tasks in this most recent update far beyond needing the new poser's work for the remaining character models and that coding being the most extensive task in the upcoming update this, in my opinion, means this update won't drop for a significant period of time.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
So where's that dude saying "code shouldn't take long cause there's just 12 tasks in it" now ? Somehow it got over 80 within 2 days, who'd see that coming ?

j4yj4m : 1 of the points polled for tech build was indeed to rename updates going forward, so them removing #s and going by girl name is normal. Though I'm sure people will get utterly confused with just names and fuck up the order, while crying why Judith is last and still has no scenes when R(h)onda's will come out

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
My original point being that coding was significantly behind all other tasks in this most recent update far beyond needing the new poser's work for the remaining character models ...
We must haved looked at a completely different tracker in that case. All that was left for the last month was excatly implementing the poser's work (which couldn't be finished because there was no poser), bug fixing plus the release preparation.

Edit: Or to put it differently, if there are 10 posing tasks left, there'll always be at least 12 coding tasks unfinished. At least that's how I understand their task system during the last year.

Last edited:

lolgotem

Jun 8, 2020
We must haved looked at a completely different tracker in that case. All that was left for the last month was excatly implementing the posers work
Here's where I believed you had a valid point and I would've agreed with you, because i've never cared to look at the items remaining in their sprint.

We must haved looked at a completely different tracker in that case. All that was left for the last month was excatly implementing the poser's work (which couldn't be finished because there was no poser), bug fixing plus the release preparation.
Here is where you lost me, because why would that be hamstrung by a poser which again leads me back to my original point... I web dev, I don't do video games; but from my experience the work surrounding an animation takes significantly more work than implementing the animation itself. This again leads me to believe that coding wasn't only held back by the posers work, it was going to take them nearly as long as they did regardless of the poser stepping out.

Again, this is going off what you said remained because I never cared to look at the items in their backlog.

4.00 star(s) 359 Votes