Hercule_Poirot

Aug 22, 2016
It would be hilarious if nobody believed that Harold solved a case and instead they gave you a medal or something XD!!! (BTW, this would be a more logical approach because no policeman with at least a bit of common sense would ask a kid to do his job for him, besides, not only did the MC catch the culprit with his own hands, he also brought the bag with stolen goods into the PD, so everyone inside the precinct must have noticed it was him who solved the case).

Under normal conditions that would worsen Harold's mood, but after that slap in the face, he would probably yell something lack "Damn it! Harold, get a grip! It's time to go out and solve cases on your own for a change! (so Harold would become a more proactive police officer instead of being glued to his desk job)

Last edited:

Burt Reynolds Mustache

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
TL;DR I think that both characters need a second look and more depth added to their characters to make them redeemable. As they stand, they're not believable as they don't have a lot to establish their relationship to MC and make them endearing to have as friends and qt gfs.
Very much agree on Erik, agree a lot less, but still with some on Mia. Before this update Mia's main reason to not want to do anything was fear of her parents. She has a major fear of getting in trouble, but she IS a horny girl, as you can see a few times via telescope. There is also the concept, which I have seen happen many times over the years, that when a repressed religious girl finally goes down the relationship route sex comes early and it's a pretty big explosion, half due to rebellion, half due to hormones. I think your ideas for her would work better if it as shown she was very religious herself, but it's clear she's not. She is Catholic by default, and the trope of the catholic school girl exists for a reason.

As for Erik, I've gone on at length about why he sucks. But his route did him no favors. He seems even more insecure the more you know him, and he isn't pro active in anything other than swindling the player out of money WHILE the PC is trying to get them both laid. The poker table thing is the worst of it IMO. I wish there were more dialog choices so I could slap him upside the head.

"No Erik, I'm not buying you a green cock sleeve, we're playing poker and getting girls down here you ungrateful simp!"

Before 0.13 Erik was your introverted bro. Yeah he asked for favors in return for favors, but it was nothing like he became later on. He's doing me a solid, I'll do him one. He's not doing me a solid? I'll do the girl he likes.

One thing I will say, so everything isn't negative. The one money gate I thought was done well was Mia's tattoo. She had saved up on her own, but it was more expensive than she thought. That makes her come off as a little more adorable, and not someone out to bleed the PC.

Zephery

Jun 10, 2017
Picked up second time still can't give to Harold, all I get is "Where's Mia?"

I getting pretty pissed at this game... Fu*king Nun never comes to my house for 3rd Helen event can't proceed with Mia or even help Harold grrr...
I was having the same problem, I noticed once I took care of Helen with the nun Sister Angelica on stage three I then had to go back and re-talk to Larry and then go to the location. You will notice that the bag is no longer by the tree this time. As long as the bag is next to the tree the scene with Harold will not trigger. It took me a few times of talking to Harold, Larry and going to click on the bag in order to get the scene to trigger. I think it was three times in a row, so its a little buggy.

RenPythagorus

Jun 6, 2017
Mia's story doesn't break until pretty much the end of the entire route. Though I still don't know why we call it the Mia route, the Helen route is really a more appropriate title.
I'm hoping Mia's story is only half-way finished on this route. Here's what I hope is the outcome on this path:

1. Potential Yumi romance is cutoff since she's now with Harold
2. Helen is persuaded to reconnect with Mia as that relationship has become strained. At the conclusion of this event line, a Mother/Daughter threesome will become possible.

The converse to this is that Mia will be a standalone girlfriend and opens Yumi up to a possible event. I don't know if that's what the designer is leading towards, but I think that storyline is definitely plausible based on the current state.

Reactions: SengalBoi

Zephery

Jun 10, 2017
Still can't get past Mia's mom
Mia never shows up at school in any location.
Thats not much to go on, phatmoney. Can you find her in the house at all. There is a point where she needs your help from her monther. Are you at that point or are you past it?

Hercule_Poirot

Aug 22, 2016
Yumi story arc sounds like an easy goal, the MC should just be able to impress her by helping solve cases:
1)the MC caught a burglar
2)The MC got a confession out of the burglar
3)The MC brought the stolen goods into the precinct

Harold on the other hand just eats donuts, gets drunk and endangers citizens by driving drunk as fuck (in a police car, so it's not the best PR stunt for the precinct).

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2017
Just can't keep grinding through one more time. yup got what must be the majority if not all the mia content but to go through all the little junk like fetching the dog from the woods pizza delivery X # of times milking the aunt and all the other stuff to get back to where we were only to end up doing it all over again has soured me to this game.
not sure any new content will make me get interested after this. don't forget even if they make the current saves from this update work in the next one we still need to redo EVERYTHING this time. (sure can just wait for someone to post a save) this would be the first game I'd be using someone elses save because I simply prefer playing a game myself vs getting past a grind like that. so that pretty much says it all for my perspective on this.

phatmoney

May 1, 2017
Thats not much to go on, phatmoney. Can you find her in the house at all. There is a point where she needs your help from her monther. Are you at that point or are you past it?
So I'm at the point where Helen just stops you in the hallway before you can visit Mia a second time.
Mia seems to only be found in the middle of the day in her living room with nothing to say.

I've tried other days and progressed the rest of the stories / raised my stats but Helen just keeps blocking me to Mia's room.

Aug 13, 2017
after mia calls you for help you need to get key from parents room then unlock the room in the hall

So I'm at the point where Helen just stops you in the hallway before you can visit Mia a second time.
Mia seems to only be found in the middle of the day in her living room with nothing to say.

I've tried other days and progressed the rest of the stories / raised my stats but Helen just keeps blocking me to Mia's room.
meet mia in school (lab class) then she will tell you how to proceed

Zephery

Jun 10, 2017

Aunt
same complaint as mom, good but just goes too by quick.

• make going too school actually important, because you kinda don't have to right now, there is no punishment for not going​
6.8/10 - would Fap again:heartcoveredeyes:​
As for the Aunt's story I thought it took to long, clearly from the first time you working there is a hint of lust in her eyes as she watches you. I was more shocked that the MC runs away the first time he sees her breasts like a scared little b####. It's like it was the first time he had ever seen a naked woman before. By this time I had already advanced with the mother, so the shock seemed out of place.

You know Fruble, granted this was about 20 years ago, when I was in school there was no school during summer. With a name like summer time saga, I was asking through the first several hours of game play why am I even here isn't it supposed to be a game about summer. You can just as easily play the video game on his computer to get the int to increase, which as far as I could tell doesn't even get used.

Zephery

Jun 10, 2017
Something to help phatmoney, most OBJECTS draw in clarity seem to be intractable at some point in the game.

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
Very much agree on Erik, agree a lot less, but still with some on Mia. Before this update Mia's main reason to not want to do anything was fear of her parents. She has a major fear of getting in trouble, but she IS a horny girl, as you can see a few times via telescope. There is also the concept, which I have seen happen many times over the years, that when a repressed religious girl finally goes down the relationship route sex comes early and it's a pretty big explosion, half due to rebellion, half due to hormones. I think your ideas for her would work better if it as shown she was very religious herself, but it's clear she's not. She is Catholic by default, and the trope of the catholic school girl exists for a reason.
That's kind of the problem. I don't think she should be typecast since there's more than one way she can honestly go. And that should be something that comes out of the story. I believe if we had a chance to have a "chaste" but cockblocking Mia (one that runs you around town to play to footsies and what she can get away with) then that could have been her route. The other option is to corrupt her by making her stand up to her parents for her own voice. I believe that she should be given those two paths so that she can actually grow so much more. Maybe she gets more experimentative with her own sexuality and takes a very large turn to become this huge rebel as you mentioned. I just see that she probably has the most potential to go various directions because she has so much of a blank slate. And I'm aware of the catholic school girl trope, but Mia could be so much more.

I think that's the most that I can ask of any of these characters. Even if they have a lot of negative traits, there's something endearing to them that makes them unique as the game moves on so they aren't hated for the wrong reasons (like Erik) or are shoehorned into a role that stymies what they are in the future (as Mia is right now). Honestly, I do think that Mia's route moved to fast for the D though. Maybe build up the relationship more and have more play until the full monte and people can see how she's developed if they've noticed since before this update.

Reactions: Hercule_Poirot

GeorgeMarty

Jul 31, 2017
The thing with the Erik line is that yeah he's a leach but you go along with it because you want to fuck his mom.

10 out of 10 update IMO. I like this episodic update model and enjoy the game and art style. I even enjoy replaying in full each installment because for me the medium is a viable and exciting alternative to the abundance of hardcore video clips everywhere.

I read the thread and chuckle at the save requests when so many have been posted already just a page or two back.

U

User_10739

I was having the same problem, I noticed once I took care of Helen with the nun Sister Angelica on stage three I then had to go back and re-talk to Larry and then go to the location. You will notice that the bag is no longer by the tree this time. As long as the bag is next to the tree the scene with Harold will not trigger. It took me a few times of talking to Harold, Larry and going to click on the bag in order to get the scene to trigger. I think it was three times in a row, so its a little buggy.
Went 3 saves back and it worked no problem. SMH...

Last edited by a moderator:

RenPythagorus

Jun 6, 2017
Fucking ridiculous that you have to start all over again with every new update
That, unfortunately, is a by-product of how Ren'Py handles variables. A game will not see and initialize variables that were added after a game has started. That's not DarkCookie's fault.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes