j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Just pointing out about the bolded word : you're not a consumer on Patreon. You pay to help dev(s) make their stuff and/or tip them as a thank you for what they do. You're not buying anything and you're not entitled anything (aside the tier rewards or other forum/Discord bonus, which is 99%+ never a physical item you get mailed to you). Patreon is a donation-based site whose main purpose is to do the above, it's not Kickstarter where you pay now and have the game made for you in X time and you'll get a copy when it's done
To be fair, there are different stages which lead to different levels of responsibility for a dev. Some devs literally "sell" their product by not providing a free version at all (which I'd personally never support, sadly quite a few do it), then there are some who just take a very long time for a free release and lastly others, like DC here, basically give the game away for free right away.

You are of course right in the third case and when it comes to this game - simply because it's free and much closer to some kind of donation. But when we are talking about some other games (like BaDIK for example where you have to pay $10 once) I'd say that people actually "buy" it on patreon in all but name, with all the consequences for the dev.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Is this last version bugged or something and thats why the Ipatch is outdated? or it is no longer needed?
Version isn't bugged (presumably the game ?), patch is outdated cause nobody cares to update it since it still works even if the #s don't match and it was never needed to begin with (unless you can't play the game without having 3 lines of dialogue changed to notmom/notsis/notaunt)

orrayt3x

May 23, 2017
The 'tech update' seems to be going on forever! Whatever 'team' DarkCookie has amalgamated, they certainly like to sit back and chill! I could be part of that team, as I am currently chilling to the cool sounds of Jackson Browne.
Except for the part where the claims aren't empty. With all the Patreon $$$ he's raking in DC could have hired 6 more code monkeys, and 4 more posers on a short term contract to adjust everything to the new aspect ratio ect. If he had, this tech update would be finished by now, and we could move on to asking "R(h)onda when?" Instead, he's dragging ass like a dog across carpet, same as always. And the excuse of "DC is the only artist bla bla bla" doesn't cut it, not this time, because this time it's not a story/art focused update, it's a TECH update, which means the bottleneck can't be in the art department.
I got news for ya'll

gam2000

Apr 12, 2021
How do i open the crypt behind the church when there is a full moon?
From the Wiki:
" On a day with a full moon, wait until the night and then enter the graveyard behind the Church.
Interact with the crypt door beneath the tree. Enter the crypt and talk to Odette. "

Badboy702019

Jan 1, 2019
From the Wiki:
" On a day with a full moon, wait until the night and then enter the graveyard behind the Church.
Interact with the crypt door beneath the tree. Enter the crypt and talk to Odette. "
TY. I tried several nights with a full moon, no reaction. Maybe because I impregnated her?

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
How do i open the crypt behind the church when there is a full moon?
From the Wiki:
TY. I tried several nights with a full moon, no reaction. Maybe because I impregnated her?
Yes, getting preg will lock everything out. And by night, it means timeslot 4 (no more blue pips in the bar on top), not evening

PELLZY

Feb 28, 2018
how can I get my saves to work when I loaded my saves it gave me a warning message which I got onto the save. So I dont know if this will cause me errors. Or do I need to start a new game?

bakasto

Apr 22, 2017
Can someone post the new patreon post?
Status update and class photo wallpaper!
Status update:
For those not following the daily live streams and not aware of the development, we're still working on 2 updates in parallel.
The first is our 2nd batch of new sex scenes for 6 characters. The majority of the art is done for them but still waiting on some animations to wrap up and then plug them into the game for a release.
The second is the "Tech Update" which we've been working on for a while and are still very busy with as it touches on every aspect of the game development. It is going well, but still a long way to go it seems. The good news is we're getting close to wrapping up all the background extension to widescreen. I'll be live streaming the remaining backgrounds in the coming 2 weeks! The Posing and Coding of the tech update will require a bit extra dev time due to the amount of work required (no ETA but the progress bar will resume moving forward as we progress).
Wallpaper:
As I've been fixing background to widescreen I've also been improving some of them. The old class photo used discontinued character art from our old game releases, so I updated them all and introduced some new characters as well.
For you high tier Patrons you can get the new wallpapers on our Kompas site.
Check it out here:
For the lower tier Patrons, simply wait a few hours for them to leak (or DM me on Discord) ^-^
-DC
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
It was coincidentally posted from the fake DC Instagram leaker 2-3 pages ago ...... That fake dude sure has a lot of stuff

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
It was coincidentally posted from the fake DC Instagram leaker 2-3 pages ago ...... That fake dude sure has a lot of stuff
As said before, that account simply copies/posts content from DC's official streams. Sadly picarto only saves the last 12 streams, but the one where he made that picture is still online, in case anybody cares about the process.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
As said before, that account simply copies/posts content from DC's official streams. Sadly picarto only saves the last 12 streams, but the one where he made that picture is still online, in case anybody cares about the process.
My post was more in line with : "fake dude posted it 4 days ago and DC made a Patron-only release with the same image today". Nice timing

Reactions: j4yj4m

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Ah, yes, the same happened with the young Diane/Debbie picture a weeks ago, too. Then again DC was really slow this time with his release. In the past he often released the wallpaper the same day he finished it.

redfoxi

Oct 20, 2019
So I ran into a bug with Maria recently. The scene when you carry the grocery bags to her apartment. The moment I step in it says "background for Maria_lounge not found" It gives the traceback then exits out of the game. Anyone know how to fix that?

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
So I ran into a bug with Maria recently. The scene when you carry the grocery bags to her apartment. The moment I step in it says "background for Maria_lounge not found" It gives the traceback then exits out of the game. Anyone know how to fix that?
That's been in the game for more than a year. You either failed when unzipping or trying to put versions of top of each other wonkily and failed still. Or you tried to outwonk the devs/use mods that never worked in 4+ years.

Your best and mostly only option would be to get the latest build again and hope it'll unzip normally. Another good option would be to actually post said traceback in here so we can look at it and possibly not find what you did that fucked it up in the 1st place

Apr 23, 2019
so the sex scene update will probably drop 1-2 month after, i think it might contain some special halloween stuff as well if it does drop around then, since we probably won't have a christmas update this year with DC having his hands full with the tech update, also wonder if we get another batch of sex scene with the final tech update since it will probably take a while

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
.... also wonder if we get another batch of sex scene with the final tech update since it will probably take a while
The last time I remember him talking about it, he said that he'd consider adding some lewd stuff, but it really didn't sound like it's going to be a full batch of scenes. They've already expanded the number from 5 or 6 to 12 and the tech update takes quite a while longer (again). So it really makes sense to move on to Ronda as quickly as possibly while the posers/coders do their work. Drawing another full batch would likely delay Ronda's story by another few weeks or so...

4.00 star(s) 358 Votes