srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hi all,

version 0.20.11-1.11 of the brings some more stabilization features and improvements.

Have fun!

Reactions: Pitmiller

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I have always wondered how often does everyone play the game in their daily life. How many hours and days in a week or month?
I won't say I play it every day. I play it when a new update comes out. Rest of the time I spend with the game is modding it -- which is more during the days after an update just arrived. But you can say I am playing around with it every day.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I have always wondered how often does everyone play the game in their daily life. How many hours and days in a week or month?
I usually only play the each new story once after it has been released. Beyond that I think I've played Roxxy's and Eve's story 3 times each during the years, I've skipped through a few stories for certain bits of content (like Mia's story for the Harold/Yumi BJ cut scene) but I haven't touched others, like Erik or new Jenny at all after they've been released - beyond what was necessary of course.

I don't think I've started the game since I played the last release.

Then again, I'd like to do a full playthrough once the tech update is released.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
We'll all have to anyway, since they'll (probably) destroy our pre-tech saves with the re-coding
That's true, then again, those who don't want to could just use the new "jump to new content" option or get a save somewhere else.

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
You're not paying DC enough for him to hire new dudes and make the game faster
I know you're joking, but adding new people to a late project will make the project even more late. this is one of the first results of serious study on project management back from around 60 years ago. it's always a bad idea if it can be avoided. the correct way is to add people to the NEXT project when you start it.

anyway, summertime saga updates slowly because it's always updated slowly. it was slow before they got popular, and getting more money rarely changes the reasons why it's slow, as mentioned above. it simply takes this much time to do the things they do with the skills they have. and while there are people who can do the same work in 2 weeks, THOSE people needed a decade or several to become that fast too. maybe the SS people will some day, after 5 games, be fast too, but this is the one they're doing with their training wheels on.

they've done literally all the mistakes you can do in a project, like redoing loads of things that shouldn't be redone before the game is completed. but they're also learning those painful lessons.

the good thing is they've never stopped working. the pace might be slow as fuck, but it keeps delivering year after year. 99% of devs fail that simple first requirement of making a game.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Talking about other games is bad enough, massive shillage is even worse. Expecting deletion within a few hours

Reactions: WSmith

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
I understand that the next update is very big but only to me it seems that the progress is going very slow?
He's doing both the lewds for batch #2 and redoing most of the backgrounds into 16:9, so it'll be a while. On top of coderdude having to recode both every-ish scene/chars/stuff into 16:9, he also needs to code all the "future-proof"ing junk they polled about. Expecting anything before Xmas is pretty madlad level. We also dunno if lewd #2 will be alone or bundled with the code part .......
Easy: Install my mod and see if parameter FONTSIZE provides something to your liking ;)
Even easier : don't play on phone

NeoSlimey

Oct 28, 2018
This game is so fucking fragile. Just loading a save can reset quests, lock me out of the map, re-break the pc in my bedroom, replay the first day intro line of actions, anything. I like the game underneath the bugs, but it's damn near unplayable unless you play the whole way through in one sitting. New content can take a backseat to fixing gamebreaking bullshit, man.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
This game is so fucking fragile. Just loading a save can reset quests, lock me out of the map, re-break the pc in my bedroom, replay the first day intro line of actions, anything. I like the game underneath the bugs, but it's damn near unplayable unless you play the whole way through in one sitting. New content can take a backseat to fixing gamebreaking bullshit, man.
You might consider not using rollback too extensively, it's locked for a reason. Or you can use my mod and try parameter LOAD_ERRORHANDLING which might fix such issues.

Reactions: aaronburr
4.10 star(s) 357 Votes